#1 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

Clan vs clan FP, or IS vs IS only FP

Then there will be no longer any issues of comparison.

Lore has plenty of such opportunities. Warden vs Crusader. Fed Com Civil War. 4th succession.

Even if tech is a bit out, at least for 4th, we can have each house focusing on one different planet each day and having a resolution at the end of the day which faction the planet belongs to, providing some form of progress rather than just an arbitrary bar of percentage.

FP is not worth the time outside of events, then admit as such and hold FP events every month or two months or so.

Meanwhile, we need a few new maps, for QP.

Edited by Chuanhao, 15 May 2017 - 02:58 PM.

#2 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

Take your pick faction play, everyone is a merc anyhow.

#3 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

Mercs will try to stack one side and everyone will follow

#4 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

Well, the IS / Clan tech imbalance is real, and new tech will help narrow it but it won't go away. I also don't really feel it should go away, at least not completely. Separating IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan isn't a very attractive option IMO for dealing with that.

Players have shown many times that skill / teamwork / organization trumps tech imbalances. They have also shown many times that they will go wherever they get paid more/get higher rewards.

In general, the IS / Clan history in MWO has had the more organized, competitive players going Clan for the Clan tech advantage, which turns into a win advantage, which turns into a payout/reward advantage.

If we could narrow the tech gap a little (new tech should do this) and then add something as simple as a +10% C-Bill / Exp 'Home defense bonus' for anyone dropping IS, people would have a decent choice. Drop as Clan and win 10% more, or drop as IS and get paid 10% more. It should even out the player base a little more as well as give IS players the resources to compete with the slightly higher paying Clan drops (higher paying because more damage, more wins on average).

Edited by MadBadger, 15 May 2017 - 03:14 PM.

#5 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

Just let people pick what they want, and represent whatever house they want. Then it doesn't matter what side anyone picks they just have to tally W/L for whatever planet control with a tick for each player.

If you want to keep the "lore" just add bonuses to each faction based on that house's available/preferred mechs and possibly go as far as the weapons/tech rigging.
-- As in, Jade Falcon decks use these 8 mech chassis, if your deck is 4/4 you get + 25% c-bills.
Could also add things like - bonus 150k c-bills dropping Atlas as first mech while under Steiner contract.
Not engaging an opponent a teamate has fired upon within 30s for clan contracts - get 150k if you pull that off for the entire match.
Maybe a certain faction doesn't utilize/have access to particular weapons or tech - (just for the bonus qualification)
True Merc - have c-bill (mc) value of your drop deck give tiered levels of returns that go up the lower the value of your deck.

More meaningful depth in the reward structure is another way to assist balancing.

Edited by sycocys, 15 May 2017 - 03:25 PM.

#6 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:19 PM

View PostChuanhao, on 15 May 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

Clan vs clan FP, or IS vs IS only FP

Then there will be no longer any issues of comparison.

well the ending Stats of the Battle of Tukayyid, showed Clan with only 52.8% victory,
or roughly 5.6% total, diffrence between the IS and the Clan Forces,

even if the game was only IS vs IS & Clan vs Clan,
many Mech Chassis are greater than 5.6% more or less Viable,
just look at the VND to the GRF, or the SHC to the SCR,

#7 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:34 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 15 May 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

even if the game was only IS vs IS & Clan vs Clan,
many Mech Chassis are greater than 5.6% more or less Viable,
just look at the VND to the GRF, or the SHC to the SCR,

A deeper bonus system based around faction/tech/mechs would help to fill maps with more of the less viable grunt mechs. Not forced, but just let people pick what they want and encourage a better variety with decent end mach rewards for including the lesser mechs.

Some people will still want to win only, you won't change that - but you can definitely make the game better for everyone else that wants to see more balanced matches.. and yes even those dirty lore lovin' folk.

#8 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:34 PM

View PostNgamok, on 15 May 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

Mercs will try to stack one side and everyone will follow

This is kinda sad, esp for me as newbie into the whole CW thing.
I kinda want to grind out my ranks as loyalist, but it'll be a pain to do so as a pug + not many seem to be ghostbear these days.

This tuk event sparked my interest in this game mode.
Well atleast i almost made it rank 6 from scratch this event with my limited playtime.

#9 rustyrat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

Just my 2 cents...

Both sides are playable. IS bit more sensitive for less experienced players.
This was quite obvious during the event.

I tend to agree, it is bit more difficult to get good IS deck than clan deck.
However, even with current system, there are many variations that are viable on IS side.

//rusty

Edited by rustyrat, 15 May 2017 - 03:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users