30 replies to this topic

#21 Angm4r

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 15 May 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

lul. I guess blaming Pugs on the overall loss is ok, posting a censored screenshot of people losing against Pugs with a 10man is not?

Look meteorol, I don't know what bug you got in your bonnet. So you had a PUG group and won a match. Out of all the drops you've had you've never had one go sideways? What are all the reasons you can lose? A lance out of position? newbs bring the wrong mechs? We're teaching a new drop caller? Testing a new tactic? The HH takes pilots of all skill levels, and sure, sometimes we ROFLSTOMP pugs, we had lots of those during the event, but every now and then we lose.

I played for six straight hours to close out the event. We lost 3 times in that span. Twice to 12-man, once to a pug group.

So you want to take that one match and hold it up as why the entire IS side didn't do better?

#22 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 15 May 2017 - 03:59 AM, said:

After watching countless Clan "teams" sit outside the base on defense for up to ten minutes and wondering why we don't come out into firing line, why not.

After countless games of Clans "teams" only wanting to play peek a boo at max ranges and retreating to edge of map when pressed, why not.

If Clan teams are only going to play ERPPC, Gauss, LRMs, why not.

If Clans teams are going quit the match when they see they are going to have a fight in the first five seconds, why not.

If the goal of the mode is to take the base, why not, and if the Clan 'teams' are going to let us, why not.

Once the rest of the IS learns that they only have to beat three weapon systems they will be better off.

You should know by now I was janking y´all chains ...
But thanks for the salt, I can use that anyway :)

#23 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:04 PM

It was a lot of fun. 1st overall in Loyalist and 3rd overall in the combined mercs and loyalists. A lot to feel good about heading into the next chapter of FW.

I'm wondering how they are going to change it up. Do you think they will really do a civil war?

Davion/Kuitta/FRR/ghost bear/ wolf vs Steiner/Marik/Liao/Jade Falcon/Smoke Jaguar?

Edited by Karl Marlow, 15 May 2017 - 09:05 PM.

#24 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:38 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 15 May 2017 - 02:48 AM, said:

Don't be a stranger in the future. Does not have to be an event running to stop by and join in some fun.

o7

I have often played on the Davion TS, indeed I reached level 17 in Davion playing with Wilbaron and others before they brought in the merc tree. However FP4.1 has seen the Davion TS all but empty during my TZ, except for events. Hopefully the up tick in players continues.

#25 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:16 AM

View PostAngm4r, on 15 May 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

Look meteorol, I don't know what bug you got in your bonnet. So you had a PUG group and won a match. Out of all the drops you've had you've never had one go sideways? What are all the reasons you can lose? A lance out of position? newbs bring the wrong mechs? We're teaching a new drop caller? Testing a new tactic? The HH takes pilots of all skill levels, and sure, sometimes we ROFLSTOMP pugs, we had lots of those during the event, but every now and then we lose.

I played for six straight hours to close out the event. We lost 3 times in that span. Twice to 12-man, once to a pug group.

So you want to take that one match and hold it up as why the entire IS side didn't do better?

I'm just highly amused that someone of a unit blames pugs for the overall defeat, when he has people in his own unit who lose against 12 pugs with a 10man, defending on boreal, which should, frankly speaking, never ever ever happen.

If a unit isn't able to achieve a flat 100% winrate with 8-12 mans against 12 average pugs unit members should really think twice before blaming pugs on anything, really.

Edited by meteorol, 16 May 2017 - 07:17 AM.

#26 Lyons De Flamand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:57 PM

And we already took it up that it wasn't one of our best drops. But by waving an anecdotal screen around and proclaiming it to be universal truth you are only making a fool of yourself. Please don't make a fool of yourself.

Also nobody is fooled by the "we are but pugs" argument anymore. If you play with the same people over and over, the tag ( or lack thereof) means nothing.

#27 Buster Machine 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 224 posts
  • LocationRepping TharHes Industries on a laptop

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:28 AM

Shame we couldn't stop the Clan menace but we will get another chance at Tukkayid 4!

#28 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:17 AM

View PostThe Shortbus, on 15 May 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

You should know by now I was janking y´all chains ...
But thanks for the salt, I can use that anyway Posted Image

I meant no disrespect and did not ID chain yanking.

;)

Blowing off some steam after watching this pattern play out to it humorous end.

View Postslide, on 15 May 2017 - 09:38 PM, said:

I have often played on the Davion TS, indeed I reached level 17 in Davion playing with Wilbaron and others before they brought in the merc tree. However FP4.1 has seen the Davion TS all but empty during my TZ, except for events. Hopefully the up tick in players continues.

Wish the timezone difference was more forgiving in the ability to drop together, I had a great time in the few drops we participated in.

Win or loose, fun was had by all.

o7

#29 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:23 AM

A job well done to my former unit!

#30 dillsOn

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:36 AM

Found a couple matches from BoT3: Clan Diamondshark vs HHoD (Scouting) ...
https://vimeo.com/216940930
https://vimeo.com/216940810

It was fun! See you guys in the field!

#31 Jugger Grimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 263 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAddicks, Fed Suns

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:26 AM

View PostdillsOn, on 21 May 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Found a couple matches from BoT3: Clan Diamondshark vs HHoD (Scouting) ...
https://vimeo.com/216940930
https://vimeo.com/216940810

It was fun! See you guys in the field!

That second drop, dillsOn: There are LOTS of Intel points up the C line from the other side. That's why we flipped 10 Intel pretty quick. Good fight, nevertheless! o7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users