Campaign Functionality

1 reply to this topic

#1 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

So the general idea is adding the capability to run actual player driven campaign battles, by setting up the option to open a lobby to do so (and invite groups, post it publicly etc). By a campaign, I mean the eventual 2 groups that form (24 players, opfor, blufor or whatnot), become a part of a series of battles that will take place, not just one, a series that has a more defined goal, like planetary conquest as a perfect example.

So, that is the basic notion, my example will be based around one idea of a "Planetary Conquest Campaign"; so you have your filled lobby, 12 vs 12, everyone is ready, the first game starts, which is a scouting match (could potentially be 3 at the same time, or just allow players to spectate), the 4 chosen players from each team (randomly or player whatever) enter a scouting battle (having chosen dropdecks prior, their mech selections are already locked to the chose dropdecks). The result of this scouting battle determines if the next battle in the campaign will be a siege defense for the victor or a siege offense for the loser. The result of this siege battle determines the victor of the campaign.

So that is just a relatively short explanation of a simple 2 battle campaign, which could potentially be more advanced by adding extra scouting matches, letting all 24 players have a chance at swaying the final battle by having 3 simultaneous scouting matches, or by adding extra battle markers along the way, like scouting, incursion then siege.

Any thoughts on this kind of idea?

#2 raidarr

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

I'd simply like functions to be added for a proper sandbox where the host can define their own objectives, perhaps someone manages things in the background, etc. while teams set up by the host/background manager can complete the objectives as defined. In other words, let people design their own games.

Not that I expect such a thing to come together, ever...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users