Patch Notes - 1.4.115 - 16-May-2017

953 replies to this topic

#21 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

The Inner Sphere / Clan difference tables are wrong - they're the old ones from PTS2.

As far as I can tell from the reworked tree,

Heat gen is nerfed from 1%->.75%

and range is nerfed from 1.5% to 1%.

and thus an overall cost increase to the FP tree, making it less useful, IMO.

#22 Destructicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:40 PM

So much like the PTS, pretty much everything will run slower and hotter

And in the name of customization we're encouraged to boat

And now Mechs have a skill tax without any mention of raising cbill earnings, I understand they think that this is comparable to module investments, but it's really not, considering that most of us swap our modules between mechs.

Man this is wild.

I'm gonna give it a week to play this for myself before I cancel my civil war packages, but man, I don't see myself playing much after this.

It just doesn't seem fun.

#23 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:45 PM

Where is Ledger? Or is this something you learn after patch, before you can make decisions how to prep for patch..... :\

#24 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:46 PM

View PostLORD ORION, on 15 May 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

Where is Ledger? Or is this something you learn after patch, before you can make decisions how to prep for patch..... :\

It will be in game after the patch

#25 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

Change for the sake of change isn't a good thing PGI. There was nothing wrong with the old module system. This new mechanic looks sloppy and needlessly complicated. I mean how many freakin XP types are there? 6?

#26 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:54 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 15 May 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

I went over the quirks. With the changes to Ops and Mobility you've got like 28 pts to put into weapons; that's enough to get back the bulk of lost weapon quirks

No it isn't. Maximum cooldown bonus achievable after this patch will be 7.7% for clan mechs 9.9% for IS. Whereas before this patch, with Cooldown modules and the fast fire skill maximum achievable cooldown bonus was 17% on ALL MECHS.

Further the values of must relevant quirks on mechs is much higher than what the skill tree will grant if you go into velocity or jam chance.

#27 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:56 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 15 May 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Change for the sake of change isn't a good thing PGI. There was nothing wrong with the old module system. This new mechanic looks sloppy and needlessly complicated. I mean how many freakin XP types are there? 6?

They think this is moving the game forward.

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of cancer

#28 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

I am glad this is going live and we will see some change and improvement to the game.

View PostNavid A1, on 15 May 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

may I just ask for the reason behind the recurring 400XP re-activation cost of a skill node?
Just give me 1 reason... just one!
Why not make re-activation free, with an increased upfront cost?

Heres 2

To slow down the speed at which you end up with xp you will never use

When you spec a mech, you should be playing it for a few games before you want to change to a different spec (3 nodes worth of xp per game, if you play 10 games before you decide you want to change to a different loadout you will have 30 nodes worth of Sp to change it back).

View PostCtrlAltWheee, on 15 May 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

It looks like I should spend all my gxp tonight and max out my favorite mechs. It will come back tomorrow value-added as skill points that will otherwise cost lots of c-bills. True?

If I don't spend the gxp, I'll still have it 1:1 tomorrow, but I'll have to add 45,000 c-bills per node unlocked.

True.
The gxp will be worth less after without the cbills addition as it will take more (g)xp to fully level a mech after.

"
Velocity
Increases the velocity of ballistic projectiles, missiles, and PPC fire.

Weapon-specific Skill types

Laser Duration
Decreases the duration of time required before a laser deals its full amount of damage. "

velocity should not be in universal as it doesn't effect lasers, if pgi had merged laser duration with velocity to help reduce encouraging boating as many of us suggested, then it could go under universal.

HAVING SAID THAT I am glad this is going live and we will see some change and improvement to the game, there's some serious problems

View PostLORD ORION, on 15 May 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

True dat, big issue. Raise our pitchforks ! light the pyres ! the salt must flow (im being serious not sarcastic)

The IS quirk reductions seem to have been reduced a little since PTS 2 pdf's ?
I am still worried about the spider 5k lpl cooldown being reduced more than the locust 1v lpl cooldown time.
The GHR-5P losing all of its laser duration reduction of 15%, should keep at least 5% ? =(
The BLR-2C losing all 10% laser range, let it keep 5% ? =(

View PostCadoAzazel, on 15 May 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

View PostAlexander Garden, on 15 May 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

I mainly wanted to pop in here for anyone who may be waiting for the notes to make any decisions regarding your Modules etc. The recent Skill Tree Q&A may have the information you're waiting for, in the sixth question wherein we cover the refund of owned, non-Consumable Modules. There have been no changes to the system since that Q&A was posted.

No, it does not solve why we are asking about decisions regarding modules as you and Paul wont adress the elephant in the room

"
[color=#ffb600]Paul Inouye[/color]
<p class="author_info">

Lead Designer
  • Posted Image
  • Developer
Posted Today, 04:17 PM

TL;DR?
The patch notes are coming.. there's no tinfoil hat conspiracy here. It just takes a lot of time to get them done and as accurate as possible.
"

no tin foil hat conspiracy ? then answer One Simple Question.

Does your game, STACK modules BY TYPE x number owned OR individually id date purchased each module?

Because that decides if we can refund pre dec 3rd modules or not, and if your game stacks modules not individual id date stamps them you really need to add a turn gsp into cbills button, because otherwise every module we refund pre dec 3rd we will actually be removing a post dec 3rd module from our returns.

And a lot of us know when we bought our modules even though you wouldn't even give us a refund ledger of the correct date on PTS.

If you cant answer that question now or in patch notes, before the patch hits

Posted Image my scouter says Tinfoil hat conspiracy just went up in power level.

Posted Image

I see the patch notes doesn't adress the issue so it looks like we should all put our tin foil hats on P.I.

Edited by CadoAzazel, 15 May 2017 - 08:21 PM.

#29 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

It looks like I should spend all my gxp tonight and max out my favorite mechs. It will come back tomorrow value-added as skill points that will otherwise cost lots of c-bills. True?

If I don't spend the gxp, I'll still have it 1:1 tomorrow, but I'll have to add 45,000 c-bills per node unlocked.

Also, PGI please put the narc enhancements into the same tree as ecm and sensors.

#30 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:05 PM

I really think the Auxiliary Skill Class needs a 25-50% price reduction skill put in there. The price of dropping 3-6 consumables in a given match is enormous, but that is what the "benefit" this skill class is supposed to offer.

I mean right now you're basically saying: "Hey want to never make cbills again? Invest in the Auxiliary Class!"

Make the Auxiliary Class affordable for all players and not just jokers like me who have been here forever and have cbills to burn.

#31 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:06 PM

Holy patch note Batman!

#32 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:06 PM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 15 May 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

No it isn't. Maximum cooldown bonus achievable after this patch will be 7.7% for clan mechs 9.9% for IS. Whereas before this patch, with Cooldown modules and the fast fire skill maximum achievable cooldown bonus was 17% on ALL MECHS.

Further the values of must relevant quirks on mechs is much higher than what the skill tree will grant if you go into velocity or jam chance.

Not what the modules gave you, the 5-10% of weapon quirks removed from the IS.

The point is to roll back the power creep the modules created. I'm in favor of that. So all weapons on all mechs are functionally getting the extra firepower that modules created rolled back. Now you're largely just buying back what the old skill tree gave you, plus a bit more.

The burn duration decrease on lasers, velocity increase and such are all new.

The end result will be an overall reduction in rate of fire (which does shift balance in favor of PPFLD/big alpha builds over DPS builds) and a reduction in mobility but a few new tweaks (like spread reduction, more ammo/ton, etc).

The wild card will be range. Before you pretty much has set static ranges for weapons in just about any mech. Now that range is going to vary a bit for every single players build. Not a lot, but a bit.

Like I said. Not huge changes but it's something.

#33 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

View PostCtrlAltWheee, on 15 May 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Also, PGI please put the narc enhancements into the same tree as ecm and sensors.

True. You should use your GXP tonight. It will be worth more as HSP tomorrow after the patch.

Do not use it to unlock Pilot Skills. Only Mech Skills.

Edited by Rampage, 15 May 2017 - 08:16 PM.

#34 Meihru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 378 posts
  • LocationGrafschaft Bentheim/Germany

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

Wow you really stick with this and the refund system.. glad I refunded everything and Battletech beta starts in 2 weeks.. bye

#35 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:27 PM

I'm basically going to ignore the tree until someone who cares way more than me releases a guide or template for the nodes and the resulting "quirks" - its way to much for me to digest in one sitting.

It's cool and all, and I'm sitting on a pile of consumables and whatever modules I've "earned".

Edited by stealthraccoon, 15 May 2017 - 08:28 PM.

#36 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 May 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

The Refund Ledger data for your account will reflect your account status and inventory as it appeared on May 16th at approximately 10 AM PST.

God damn. My hurry to master my MAD-IIC Prime was for nothing. Posted Image

Edited by The6thMessenger, 15 May 2017 - 08:33 PM.

#37 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

What is the reasoning behind the 400xp cost to reactive a skill node? We didn't just buy a module for a single mech. We switched them around to multiple mechs. It was a one time cost of gxp and c-bills. You are now going to effectively charge us multiple times just to tweak a mech. How is this in any way better?

With the module cut off date of December 3, you are penalizing long term players. I don't care that you are refunding the pre-December 3 modules for 1 sp per 45k cbill value. As I stated above, we MOVED THE MODULES to other Mechs. This does not make up for that. It is severely short changing those who purchased modules since modules were introduced into the game. I have 180 mechs and I've been playing since June 2012 in closed beta. Do you really think that the 1sp per 45k cbill value of the module makes up for being able to swap a radar deprivation module into every single mech that I own?

Combine the short changing of the module refunds with the added cost of respeccing a node, can't you see how you just removed massive amounts of playtime and progression from your most loyal players?

#38 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:42 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 15 May 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

Why? You got it done before today at 10AM Pacific. That means that you will get the full 91 HSP for it.

#39 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:44 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 15 May 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

I am pretty sure thats in about 15 hours time so your mad-iic will be fine, your in australia where its nearly 5 hours after "patch date and time" like me are you ?

#40 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

View PostJman5, on 15 May 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

I really think the Auxiliary Skill Class needs a 25-50% price reduction skill put in there. The price of dropping 3-6 consumables in a given match is enormous, but that is what the "benefit" this skill class is supposed to offer.

I mean right now you're basically saying: "Hey want to never make cbills again? Invest in the Auxiliary Class!"

Make the Auxiliary Class affordable for all players and not just jokers like me who have been here forever and have cbills to burn.

Many of us will have comp-only copies of mechs that invest more heavily in that tree but will never use them in PUGs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users