Do Not Sell Your Modules!

43 replies to this topic

#21 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:53 AM

Oh noes, I sold some modules. Yo Russ, like can I get a refund on those, like before the refund for the rebuild? I had a module that totally tied the mechlab together...

#22 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:08 AM

View Postgloowa, on 16 May 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

You cheapskate you Do you like the HSP that you shouldn't be getting ?

#23 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:43 AM

View PostCadoAzazel, on 16 May 2017 - 05:08 AM, said:

You cheapskate you Do you like the HSP that you shouldn't be getting ?

translation please. i am very bad with idioms, acronyms and other such in english.

#24 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:47 AM

I sold everything, **** it.

#25 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:56 AM

You are going to need CBills for all the new engines and weapon systems. I've kept enough to level about 30 mechs with GSP. Besides, I plan on only leveling a handful of the mechs in my inventory. Something tells me this is only round one of the skill tree, and it doesn't make sense to level most of them until the new equipment and weapons are out.

#26 Baba_Yaga

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:32 AM

Screw that,sold every Damm one of them, i busted my *** for them and PGI played Bait and switch, the thieving ********!

#27 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:40 AM

I sold all my modules since I've been pairing down in the last two years and only have heroes, free mechs and the few I really play that have hundreds of thousands of xp after mastery. All my modules were bought years ago when I played more heavily, so might as well get some cash. (only got about 40 million back from them)

I figure I'll probably need to re-tune a few with engine changes with the desync, so I might as well get the money and hang on to it for tech upgrades when that happens too.

#28 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:40 AM

View Postkesmai, on 16 May 2017 - 12:49 AM, said:

Dear fellow mechies,
I urge you NOT to sell any modules.
Although the gain of some cbills (half of their value) might be tempting, there is a chance that you will need a lot of gsp as the skill tree gets changed and extended for new weapons changes, upcoming quirk adjustments etc.
You probably need a lot of skill points the next months, and cbills will not help you with that.

That said, i still would have prefered a full cbill refund, if it just was for the sake of "equal currencies".

you are making a better case to only unlock skills for mechs you play a lot, not just going through and releveling every mech you have in your garage

#29 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:44 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 16 May 2017 - 01:21 AM, said:

Since I have very little idea on just which modules are the ones I bought prior to December 2016, I'm just gonna keep em. Not gonna be happy, but that's life.

Doubt I have as many modules as a lot of you guys as im #Cheapskate but I feel the same.

In the immortal words of that guy Bill O'Riley - "**** it! We'll do it live!"

#30 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:46 AM

It's only digital stuff. I'm fine with never having to waste time leveling a 'mech again.

#31 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:48 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 16 May 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

It's only digital stuff. I'm fine with never having to waste time leveling a 'mech again.

Im still getting that (kept ~10,000 GSP worth of modules)

The extra ~750 million cbills will be handy for other things :)

I wish it was 1.5 billion, but in the end i guess functionally unlimited cbills are functionally unlimited.

#32 John Stryker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:50 AM

I had over 650million worth of modules. I sold 2/3 of them, leaving enough converted xp to instantly master around 50 mechs. With the cash gained I can then use that money to use the 36 unused mechbays I have when the next sale swings around. I then cashed in all of my supply caches, gaining 3-4 modules and several 10x cool shot kits that will convert to 15mc each.

#33 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:04 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 16 May 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

Im still getting that (kept ~10,000 GSP worth of modules)

The extra ~750 million cbills will be handy for other things Posted Image

I wish it was 1.5 billion, but in the end i guess functionally unlimited cbills are functionally unlimited.

Yep. It's just bits and bytes at the end of the day. You can always farm more of those. What you can't farm is... time.

#34 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:08 AM

Everyone has to decide what combination of selling modules for C-Bills or getting GSP works best for them. I am taking all GSP and loving it but for some people selling some or all of their modules bought before Dec 3RD is the best solution.

#35 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:48 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 16 May 2017 - 06:40 AM, said:

you are making a better case to only unlock skills for mechs you play a lot, not just going through and releveling every mech you have in your garage

tbh
topics´ a shiptoast
all this garbl about sell or not sell
the players get shafted either way this time

#36 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

Sold modules worth 2 billion for 50% loss. Granted, a lot of those modules were bought when on sale after an event some time ago. There was one for mechmodules and one for weaponmodules. They were 40% off iirc and I blew like 200 mill. on each of those sales. So PGI couldn't steal as much from me as from others. Still ended up with 1.023 mill. c-bills. Expecting to get another 170 mill. after patch because I WAS able to track down the modules bought after 12/03. The only difference here is that PGI won't see any money from me ever. And I still can afford to insta-upgrade 100 IS 'mechs with Lightengines and new tech at a 10 mill per chassis rate. No need to buy any mechpack ever.
The thing is I would gladly buy all the mechpacks like I always did from a company that wasn't a bunch of liars and thieves!
If I wasn't so sure that you already sold your soul to the devil the moment you chose to make Mechwarrior a free to play game, then I would think you did it now!

#37 raidarr

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

I'm letting the modules refill my now depleted GXP stores that were spent on elite ranks and masteries yesterday eve :P

#38 GabrielSun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:18 AM

I, for one, can't be bothered to go through my mechs and figure out which ones have modules anyway. I'm afraid my outrage at any outcome will be minimal. It would be more like a pleasant surprise to me.

#39 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:48 AM

I sold all my modules because as a casual player who doesn't play all that much the limiting factor for me has always been cbills. When the new 'tech comes out I will want to buy a few of those tasty looking light engines and MRMs and all of the 'mechs I play regularly are mastered. So I took the plunge and have enough cbills to buy some new tech. in the summer.

#40 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:25 AM

Sorry, already sold my modules last night when I got home after reading the patch notes. I don't need GSP, I have HXP for my mechs for respecing if need be, that is if I spec into anything hyper specific in firepower. Because here is the fun thing, there are general nodes that work for most if not all builds on the type of mechs I run, IS mechs.

You know what mechs have to respec the most? Omnimechs, which for now are only clan mechs, which I don't have many of and those I do have? I have roughly 200k banked XP on each of, so GSP is worthless on those when I can just use cbills to respec anyways.

GSP in the face of HSP is redundant. PGI should have just done HSP+Cbills as it would have rewarded players for their previous progress and allowed people to use their Historical XP on mechs to master out mechs that previously couldn't be mastered under the old system. But, instead we got GSP, which, yeah you can do the same thing, but, all that HXP? Ignored, doesn't get used up because you have GSP.

Though, it is too late now for anyone else to sell back modules, the patch is already being applied to the servers. I lost out so much of what I should have gotten back from my factory recall of my modules by PGI. Oh well, at least now I can use up my HXP and have enough money to buy a bunch of LFE's when those drop in July. I am still surprised PGI didn't see how HSP and GSP overlapped in a destructive manner though, but, I am very happy they added HSP to the refund system, that was direly needed.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users