#1 Darky101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:50 AM

Hello Mechwarriors!

I have a dillema:
So we get a skill tree, the meta shifts and changes, we spec out our mechs, use up our refunded Skillpoints... all fine good.... but in two months we get a new tech update..... so we will need cbills for new weapons/engines and the meta will probly change again we will need tons of cbills for unlocking new nodes.....

I'm thinking of not touching the skilltree untill that shift happens. (not to mention balance changes that also shift the meta)

I' m not a meta try hard... but I am a try hard in the sense that i like winning and running builds that work for me\get the job done. I also have to adapt!

So what do you think? should we save up our cbills and other resources untill the Ciwil war patch?

For example my Timber TBR-CC has always been a Laservom build so I'm pretty sure i wont go wrong with the energy range, duration and heat skills for that one but the rest.... especialy omnimechs with lots of hardpoint combos... I'm not sure....
Hell even my KDK-1, battlemech with fixed hardpoints, which would be a prety straight balistick laservom will be affected with its two misile harpoints by the coming of ATM missiles....

What to do???
Stomp Stomp!

Have fun!

#2 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:03 AM

Well, as it turns out, we're getting 91 HSP to outfit our currently mastered mechs with, and (for many of us) buttloads of GSP to experiment with. So I will be popping about 80 HSP onto each mastered mech for its 'basic' setup, take it out for a couple matches, then pop the remaining 11 on.

After I play some more, I will probably spend some of my 4,000 GSP to fine-tune them. I won't be spending any C-Bills in the meantime except for some possible engine changes - very few, since I want to save for potential LFE changes.

Once new tech comes out, I'll start working on the new purchases, and will still have about 3,600 GSP to spend on new mechs or respeccing. And I'll still have enough GSP left to re-spec more after they do their quirk passes.

In other words, I will take advantage of the skill tree when it drops, and I will respec as I test, and respec for new tech, and respec for quirk changes, and after that I will respec on a whim because I saw a mech do something cool and I want to try it myself.

That's what having piles of GSP is all about.

#3 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:19 AM

Ya'noo ...

CBills are a nice side effect of playing the game ...

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:54 AM

They're giving us enough spare GSP that i can kit out all the mechs i routinely use and have metric butt tons of points left over to modify as needed when the new tech drops. And in the meantime I'm earning cBills.

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 16 May 2017 - 06:55 AM.

#5 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:05 AM

Many of the Skill Nodes, especially the ones in the firepower tree, apply to all weapon types. Respecing for a new weapon should lead to minimal actual changes. For example you could change from a full specced Laser build to a Full specced PPC build just by dropping Laser Duration and picking up Velocity. Everything else applies to both. You can probably set-up the Survival, Mobility, Operations, Jump Jets and Sensor trees once and never touch them again no matter what weapon you decide to equip.

I will go ahead and set up my Mechs. I do not expect respec to be much of a concern at all even with balance adjustments and the introduction of new Tech.

#6 Skanderborg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:07 AM

I'm just going to put all my points into mobility / utility things. It's universally effective and I think increased agility is better than having an increase in weapon stats.

Edited by Skanderborg, 16 May 2017 - 07:11 AM.

#7 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:11 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 16 May 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

Ya'noo ...

CBills are a nice side effect of playing the game ...

As well as XP and GSP too....

#8 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:17 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 May 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

As well as XP and GSP too....

Yes.

The main reward of playing a game is : FUN !!!

Everything else you get in the game played is bonus.

#9 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:23 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 16 May 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

Yes.

The main reward of playing a game is : FUN !!!

Everything else you get in the game played is bonus.

Been a while since MWO was truly fun... I'll give it a go after the patch some time this week.

#10 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

so OP ur not gonna touch the SKill Tree for 2 months? We finally have legit new content that affects every aspect of game play and your not gonna experiment?

I guess there are players out there that are not bored with the same content over and over. The Skill Tree for me breathes life into the game that was stagnant.

I couldn't do it OP, but as long as you are still having fun go for it.

#11 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

I'll master all mechs I will main. I have more than enough SP to master over a hundred more mechs than the ones I own already.

#12 Trifakt

• Pip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

If you are not sure about spending your currency I would suggest you to spend your 91 HSP per Mech and just think of a very basic skill set up for your frequently played mechs. Its not too difficult in my opinion to find a very first skill build, however, fine tuning will need time and thats where you can wait until the tech update.
I dont think that any mech can be sucessfully played without investing skill points

#13 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:37 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 May 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

Been a while since MWO was truly fun... I'll give it a go after the patch some time this week.

If one does not find fun in a game, one should refrain from wasting precious relaxation time.

I don't know about you, but I have a life outside games, I can sneak maybe an hour or two of game time per day, usually between supper and dishwashing, so I need my fun, or I go (back) elsewhere to enjoy my evening.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users