Game Performance: Lag, Delay, Jittering...?!

3 replies to this topic

#1 digitalMe

• Pip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

Just played the first couple of games after the skill tree release and had to notice that the game doesn't run fluid any more... seems to be way more lag / delay / jittering... had to stop playing after 30min cause of serious headache / dizziness... short and sweet: MWO is not playable in this way (at least for me).

Any similar experience? Or am I the only one affected?

Edited by digitalMe, 19 May 2017 - 12:31 PM.

#2 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

There have been several threads here and over in the patch feedback subforum mentioning degrading performance.

Do the user.cfg tweaks still work? Could be a way to squeeze a few more frames out of MWO.

#3 NegaMega

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

It's not a frame rate issue... at least for me. It is networking related I think. All the other mechs stop moving, but I'm still able to turn, run, shoot... and about the same FPS as before. After a few seconds WHOOSH everything moves to where the server thinks it should be, and everybody gets mystery damage. I'll be trying to get a few more games in to try and determine if I think it is PGI's servers or some internet-at-large issue.

#4 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

I have a gtx 1080 and a I7 6700K with 32 gigs of ram and 5tb 7200 rpm harddrive

BUTTT..

I have all the settings on max except for particles being on low because that is what always makes me stutter the most even though i still do lag in the form of ingame stutter from time to time

buttt..

Turning down particles to low means it makes it more difficult to see where your PPC's and Narcs are going (It's almost impossible to see the narc beacon with low particles)

Edited by kesuga7, 19 May 2017 - 01:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users