24 replies to this topic

#21 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:41 PM

View PostNicodemus Rosse, on 19 May 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

I'm super curious as to why you're buying the HBK? Is it the name?

I only ask because I love me some HBK-IICs, and this one was a serious letdown. It's basically a HBK-IIC-C with one more energy hardpoint (but four are in the arms, instead of two arm and two CT) and one less ballistic hardpoint, and no option to add jump jets. Is there something I'm missing? Please tell me there's something cool I'm missing. Would accept PPC velocity quirks, mad accel/decel quirks for improved hill-humping, really almost anything would be good.

No other HBK, IS or Clan, can partner its high-mounted large ballistic with a large, high-mounted energy weapon. The IIC-C can carry a torso-mounted LPL or PPC, but it is going to be at chest height rather than at cockpit level like the ballistic. The IS HBKs have a head laser, but that maxes out at MPL. Deathwish can run Heavy Large with a Gauss and both are at cockpit level. Same with PPC+Gauss, or LPL+UAC, or whatever you care to name.

This is exactly what a hero should be doing: creating unique loadout possibilities which are viable but not OP, so that the 'Mech stands out when used and makes people want to have one, but doesn't provoke accusations of P2W. 5E 1B is more than enough firepower, and even though only 1E and 1B are high mounts, that is more than enough to make the 'Mech perform- especially with new tech on the way that increases the value of the high-mounted E.

But yes, the reason I bought it was the name. I only started theorycrafting builds afterwards... which in no way changes that the builds are viable. The hardpoints are fine the way they are, and the 'Mech will be more than able to put in its share of work.

#22 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:50 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 19 May 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:06 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 19 May 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

So.
I dont know about you guys, but when I saw those beautiful mechs with all those PPCS and cool ballistics hard points, I got really excited.

Then I scrolled down to the actual, official hard points on the mechs.
[...]

First of all:
They don't look beautiful. They look extremely cheesily ugly. They look like child toys on drugs.
Mature people are attracted by decent, subtle, neatly composed color schemes.
Not so mature people are attracted by shrill, striking, overloaded color schemes. Because they need stronger stimuli and so forth.
Not just my personal taste. That's a psychological thing.

Second:
Complete agree on the gamemechanical disappointment.
I scrolled to the hardpoints, blew a little air out of my nose because of the amusement and closed the page.

In this self-deprecating business-model of PGI, it only makes sense to buy a new Mech if it is considerably better than what one already has.
I already have KDKs and MADIICs, so the bar is already pretty high for new Mechs.

Edited by Paigan, 19 May 2017 - 10:08 PM.

#24 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

IDK I mind fine with the Jenner and Hunchback, Orion IIC need 1 more extra energy hardpoint in the arms, then it will be decent, Highlander no exp in them nothing to add.

Also love the Orion IIC camo, the circut and cyber look is good.

Posted Image

Have a color themes to use on it.

Posted Image

#25 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

Orion can rock 4 ASRM4 and Twin LBX20.

Everybody get up it's time to blam now,
We got real surms goin' down now,
Welcome to the Splat Spam,
Here's your chance, do your dance with the Splat Spam,
Alright....
COME ON AND BLAM, WELCOME TO THE SPAM,
COME ON AND BLAM, IF YOU WANNA SURM!

Considering how much love the Orion IIC has received in the Skilltree era...

Edited by Ced Riggs, 19 May 2017 - 11:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users