No replies to this topic

#1 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:38 AM

Found this one in the TRO3039 and I'm curios what this means - or why it was pointed out.

Compared to classic Age of War and Star League designs, the Rommel/Patton presents a very low silhouette.

This enables it to negotiate the streets of Commonwealth cities easily while off ering a small target to the enemy.

Armored vehicles typically use the same weapon systems as BattleMechs. Though effective, these systems are bulky, which contributed to the height of older armored vehicle designs. However, Defiance Industries redesigned the Killer Type T autocannon on the Patton and the ’Mech Hunter on the Rommel (both formerly stock autocannons) to fit the low-profile turret.

Maybe because lots of vehicles were retconed after those lines were written in the TRO3025 it is today so "curious"

Compared with Manticore, Vendette and Demolisher the "height" make some sense - but when you look at retconed vehicles like Marsden
Posted Image
or Tiger
Posted Image

the height is not really a problem of those latest vehicles.
I'm also curious about the "redesign" granted - when I look at the Defiance MechHunter at the Atlas hip - place this in a turret and you have another Demo II. So a redesing is necessary - but didn't use the MechBuster Fighter the same cannon? Why is a "redesing" not mentioned there.

What do you think?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users