Abridged Skill Guide For New Players Ii

2 replies to this topic

#1 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:48 AM

Greetings MechWarriors. Today I have a simple, abridged version of my original Skill Tree for New Players. After some very helpful and constructive criticism I've created a format that should be easier to read and understand for all players but I'll leave a link to my original thread for both archival purposes and for anyone adventurous enough to look through it for more details on how I created these rankings and the rationale behind it.

https://mwomercs.com...or-new-players/

You can also create your own trees with this skill calculator tool. I'd gladly help you with that and offer critique where I can!

https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/

1.Firepower Branch
2.Agility Branch
3.Survival Branch*
4.Operations Branch
5.Sensors Branch
6.Jump Jets Branch**

*Moves up to #2 if you already have durability quirks.
**Obviously, this moves up to #3 or 4 if you have more than 3 JJ.

Firepower Branch
1.Laser Duration/LBX Spread
2.Heat Generation
3.Range
4.Cooldown/velocity
5.Magezine Capacity*
6.Missile Spread
7.High Explosives/Gauss Charge
8.UAC jam chance

*Moves up to #2 if you have Autocannons or Missiles as your primary armament.

Survival Branch
1.Armor Hardening
2.Skeletal Density
3.Shock Absorbance
4.AMS Overload

Agility Branch
1.Speed Tweak
2.Torso Speed/Yaw
3.Kinetic Burst/Handbrake
4.Anchor Turn
5.Torso Pitch

Jump Jets Branch
1.Vent Calibration
2.Lift Speed
3.Vectoring
4.Heat Shielding

Operations Branch
1.Cool Run/Heat Containment
2.Hill Climb
3.Improved Gyros
4.Quick Ignition/Speed Retention*

*They're both mediocre™ but Speed Retention might be useful on Lights. Move it up to #3.

Sensors Branch
1.Seismic Sensors
2.Target Info Gathering
3.Sensor Range
4.Radar Deprivation
5.Advanced Zoom
6.Target Decay
7.Target Retention*
8.Enhanced ECM**

*Move this up to #4 if you're a light mech, Streak Boat, or just want to keep info on those pesky lights!
**Move this up to #1 if you carry ECM but it's so heavily nerfed now. Why would you?

What does everybody think? Is this a bit easier to read? Do you agree with my rankings? If not, please tell me why? This is also part of Budcrue's skill tree contest and I've originally posted this in the general forums where I most often post. I was advised to make a duplicate here because that sub-forum and this one are most visited by new players.

If you'd like to look at Budcrue's skill tree contest and have something to contribute or just want to see some useful visual guides then I've now included a link and he's included an index! We're awesome! Also. Apologies to Bud for having to count three separate threads and my original comment in his for votes but I think it's worth it!

https://mwomercs.com...now-with-index/

#2 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:53 AM

Excellent work !

Many thanks for the work and putting it out .

#3 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for the nice list.

I would move the JJ "Heat Shielding" to #2 personally if in a hot/medium mech (e.g. PHawk) because you will be able to use it more often and not overheat.

And I will rather skip speed tweak than torso twist speed or even anchor turn, but thats my preference, at least for brawling and shielding.
Agility Branch

1.Speed Tweak -> move down to #3 or 4 if brawling
2.Torso Speed/Yaw
3.Kinetic Burst/Handbrake
4.Anchor Turn
5.Torso Pitch

and lastly, I guess ECM skills are pretty much mandatory for ECM mechs if they are not brawling. (e.g. for lights and snipers or pushing deathball teams).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users