#41 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:05 AM

View PostOrville Righteous, on 22 May 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

I'm pretty inconsistent in the EBJs too. People know how to core them out pretty quickly so they can be unforgiving sometimes. There are some really skilled players that wreck stuff in EBJs and the chassis is pretty versatile.

I think I either need to get it thru my head to stay the f*** back and stand off more with the UACs or just bite the bullet, accept my terribad brawling habits and re-node the thing for max survival and go to a full brawler build. Another part of my problem is that of late I only have time for a few matches in the evening at any one stretch. This is making it very hard to get a feel for the thing...or any of my other recent purchases for that matter. Let alone familiarize myself with all of the other changes to the game that have occurred.

I'll get there...eventually. On the upside of all this, I may make it back home to the underhive before then!
Thanks for the advice.

#42 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:22 AM

Your disgrace can only be washed away by running the Gargoyle.
This is the real challenge - every timmy and his brother can be good in most clan mechs but it need true grit to go Gargle.

#43 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:27 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 23 May 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

Your disgrace can only be washed away by running the Gargoyle.
This is the real challenge - every timmy and his brother can be good in most clan mechs but it need true grit to go Gargle.

Are they on sale? I've always liked the looks of that hideous thing.

#44 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:36 AM

No sure if anyone else has put it yet but for the EBJ 2x ERPPC 4-6x ERML is a solid build. The trick is firing the ERPPCs until the ERMLs come in range, then switching to those. A hot build, but very precise. Most brawlers will ruin your day though. The classic UAC builds are harder to run on it with the jam nerfs but 3x UAC5 was fun. You can try UAC20 + UAC10 + lasers.

The Warhawk makes a damn solid 2x LBX20 platform. It's pretty quick for an assault and as long as you don't overextend you can put giant holes in things out to roughly 300m. Broadsiding mediums at 100m never gets old.

The Linebacker works best as a skirmish platform. I've seen SRMs work well on it although I prefer a more mid-long range build that can reposition rapidly. The classic Gauss + 4x ERML is good.

#45 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:46 AM

View PostLordMelvin, on 23 May 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

The Warhawk makes a damn solid 2x LBX20 platform. It's pretty quick for an assault and as long as you don't overextend you can put giant holes in things out to roughly 300m. Broadsiding mediums at 100m never gets old.

doesn't the MAD IIC D does the same much better?
Warhawk need to be played with 4 ERPPCs... Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users