Where Do All These Lrm-Assaults Come From Lately?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Zarock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

Hey Mechwarriors,
Im wondering: Why do I see so many Lrm-Boats lately? Is it because of the skill tree? Do players not know how to skill weapons so they decide to go easy mode with lrms or what is it?
Lrm Stalker, Warhawks or Awesome may be okay for lrms,,even though Im not a fan of lrms. But Lrm Atlas, King Crab,. Kodiaks, Supernovas, Highlanders, Battlemasters, Direwolfs, Cyclops' or (yes I saw that) Executioners?!? What the Hell.
The result of this is that in a lot of matches, especially Domination, I'm wondering why Im alone at the front or why the front mechs died so quickly and then see my teammates, 1 km behind us in 1 ton Assault mechs, with the most armor in the game, lurming, unscratched of course. Why? I really dont get it.
Do you need Loadouts for those Mechs? Just ask, I will post Loadout-ideas if you want to. But please, please stop wasting so much tonnage.
(I wouldnt post this if I saw one or two of these every other game, but at the moment I'm happy about every Assault that doesnt bring lrms)

#2 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

View PostZarock, on 22 May 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

Im wondering: Why do I see so many Lrm-Boats lately?

If you mean my LRM70 Cyclops-10Q - I've always been playing it like that Posted Image

It could be, as MoltenMetal theorized, due to many people skipping Radar Deprivation = more easy LRM targets. But when playing my 10Q post skill-tree, I did not notice much difference in my overall performance. I also never owned a single radar derp module and didn't feel I'm suffering from LRMs that much when playing direct fire mechs.

Edited by DavidStarr, 23 May 2017 - 09:45 AM.

#3 Zarock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:55 PM

View PostDavidStarr, on 23 May 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

If you mean my LRM70 Cyclops-10Q - I've always been playing it like that Posted Image

It could be, as MoltenMetal theorized, due to many people skipping Radar Deprivation = more easy LRM targets. But when playing my 10Q post skill-tree, I did not notice much difference in my overall performance. I also never owned a single radar derp module and didn't feel I'm suffering from LRMs that much when playing direct fire mechs.

Oh, that may be an explanation, thanks :) I still hope the lrm-assault-thingy will go back since armor is missing at the front where it is needed...

#4 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

Edited for stupidity.

Edited by Gibson Ibanez, 07 June 2017 - 09:09 PM.

#5 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:49 PM

Could be because it's an inexpensive way to get a lot of damage, and thereby a lot of c-bills. Might not win quite as often, but when you lose it'll get the same c-bills on average as a win with the stock weapons. (averages a LOT more c-bills)

Besides, LRMs are extremely useful in FP if you have a good team bringing in locks. Burn through the ammo fast, then suicide run with backup lasers to scout/disrupt enemy buildups.

#6 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:36 AM

People that try to LuRM-boat on an assault would be even more useless taking direct-fire weapons.^^

They can drive their LRM-assaults if they want to in my opinion. I just want PGI to enable the matchmaker again so the people that are actually annoyed by it don't have to play with those guys.

Edited by Bonzai VI, 30 July 2017 - 12:37 AM.

#7 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:39 AM

"FEAR MY MIGHTY ATLAS!"

"Wait, how come my right side keeps exploding?"

#8 OmniFail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 438 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:33 PM

They came from the Metalands

#9 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:53 AM

View PostTripleEhBeef, on 30 July 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

"FEAR MY MIGHTY ATLAS!"

"Wait, how come my right side keeps exploding?"

Only 40 LRMs... Weak. Go get a MCII with 70... http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aaabf0fc9a036c0 (10T lighter, only 60 armor less, much better front torso armor due to not needing as much aft because it's not slow AF, 12kph faster, 29 damage higher alphas, and it has LAMs)

Edited by BTGbullseye, 31 July 2017 - 04:59 AM.

#10 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 31 July 2017 - 04:53 AM, said:

Only 40 LRMs... Weak. Go get a MCII with 70... http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aaabf0fc9a036c0 (10T lighter, only 60 armor less, much better front torso armor due to not needing as much aft because it's not slow AF, 12kph faster, 29 damage higher alphas, and it has LAMs)

Uhh, that wasn't meant to be a serious build. More a representation of what everyone in Spectator mode sees when the last mech on their team is an undamaged Atlas.

#11 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

And mine is a serious build... See the difference? You're posting builds from people that apparently can't build well, and I'm posting a build that actually works in 90% of the FP matches. (any Siege Defend is perfect for LRMs, only Siege Attack really gives serious trouble for an LRM boat, unless your team refuses to give you locks which is an entirely different problem)

Edited by BTGbullseye, 31 July 2017 - 08:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users