When 1700 Damage Does Not Win You The Game.

Achievements

58 replies to this topic

#21 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:45 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 May 2017 - 12:43 AM, said:

Dmg per Kill has always been calculated by actual kills, not those almost kills you want to pad your stats with. Almost as much as you like to pad your armor with your teammates.

Imagine... maybe a little more focused damage and actual teamwork... and maybe you would have only had 1500 dmg.. and a win. Posted Image

Easy for you to say. Anyway, I called out the Nova rush as soon as I saw them, told my teammates to shoot while back pedaling cause those Novas don't have range. Ain't my fault if the teammates didn't understand that and got picked off.

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:52 AM

I've heard this story before.... maybe it was on netflix?

*looks around for popcorn*

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 26 May 2017 - 12:54 AM.

#23 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:59 AM

Liked because it is about how well you did, but not about how badly you think everyone else did. It is a refreshing change.

Anyone managed to get higher than 900 damage with 0 kills? That is my record so far, really wish I had screen shotted it.

#24 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 26 May 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

Liked because it is about how well you did, but not about how badly you think everyone else did. It is a refreshing change.

Anyone managed to get higher than 900 damage with 0 kills? That is my record so far, really wish I had screen shotted it.

I once got 0 kills, 9 kmdd on 1400 dmg in a UAC KDK-3, lul.

It was fckin jinxed. I was unloading on enemies, and as soon as as their "killshot" torso went cherry red, either my UACs "all" jammed and i was screaming at the screen "unjam unjam unjam" or they would backpaddle behind over, and a light would follow them before i could reach them, "securing" the kill with 1ML worth of damage. I couldn't ****** believe it. Staring at the enemy, XL engine, cherry red side torso, all UACs jammed, seeing my teammate closing in from the side "nononononono you wont do this"... ching, kill assist, kill most damage dealt Posted Image

It was really one of the oddest matches i played, ever.

#25 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:29 AM

two things I take away from this OP:
#1 Watch for a certain hellbringer and take him down as fast as possible.
#2 Nova is a viable mech again? WOOTAH lol

#26 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:30 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 26 May 2017 - 01:13 AM, said:

It was fckin jinxed. I was unloading on enemies, and as soon as as their "killshot" torso went cherry red, either my UACs "all" jammed and i was screaming at the screen "unjam unjam unjam" or they would backpaddle behind over, and a light would follow them before i could reach them, "securing" the kill with 1ML worth of damage. I couldn't ****** believe it. Staring at the enemy, XL engine, cherry red side torso, all UACs jammed, seeing my teammate closing in from the side "nononononono you wont do this"... ching, kill assist, kill most damage dealt Posted Image

I bet RAC would be even more of a buzz-kill with that Jam system. Why wouldn't it be just some standard trope of MG overheating then stalling, then you can fire again when it's cooled enough.

#27 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:32 AM

Yeah have broke 1k with 0 kills a few times... should be an achievement for doing that. Much like Meterol up there... some matches just play weird
(oh and I've been that light/medium that 'secured the kill' as well plenty so yeah can't get annoyed about it lolz besides point is that they died if I helped to make that happen in either position then I'm doing right. Kill Assist is getting way underappreciated by the playerbase these days... )

#28 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:32 AM

LoL damn you win ;)

I constantly see people flee from my fire just before they die into multiple of my allies, or suicide overheat while I am hitting them (to be fair even I do this, it makes sense in a lot of cases to do so), or just go into hiding/flee after taking a volley from me. At times it can very much seem less like they are trying to conserve themself and more like they are trying to deny you specifically the kill.

Weird and often funny stuff to watch, also the reason why I really like having kill securing lights on my team, as a mostly assault player, almost everyone has the ability to outrun me (unless they are rocking a terrible engine or are also an assault), and suicide chasing a near death target is playing into their hands rather than taking advantage of the won damage trade by allowing them to flee. This is why I agree about the idea there is no real kill stealing in this game, with the exception of purposefully shot blocking teammates, which is closer to griefing the system.

#29 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:24 AM

Ive had 8 kills and 1000+ damage and still lost the match. It just makes you the best looser. No amount of personal effort can beat a great team.

#30 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:38 AM

View PostLemming of the BDA, on 26 May 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

Ive had 8 kills and 1000+ damage and still lost the match. It just makes you the best looser. No amount of personal effort can beat a great team.

Or sometimes carry a terrible one.

#31 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:57 AM

Thats all very impressive and all but you guys are overlooking the crucial thing here...

(MS) really? Multiple sclerosis? Damn thats cold bro Posted Image

#32 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:08 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 25 May 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

Way to spread damage Bandito - achievement unlocked brah :D

The Nova Storm is the storm most feared in GQ.

(oh ye, and well done :P)

Just to be clear for the ignorant (raises hand), what exactly is the build for the Nova Storm? I assume the 3AMS omni, but the rest...? Thanks in advance.

#33 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:19 AM

The 12 small pulse with heat reduction torsos is standard. AMS is rare in grouped queue.

#34 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:01 AM

I was going to give you a pity reply for a humblebrag post but no... That is a genuinely strange situation. First, congrats on 1700 damage in a Hellbringer. I'm really impressed. Next - you did the damage of an entire charlie lance and still lost. Carry pants don't come in a size larger than that.

#35 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,670 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:13 AM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 26 May 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

#2 Nova is a viable mech again? WOOTAH lol

Nova has been viable for a while, apparently people are just late to the party.

10-12 SPL Nova has been brutal for the past couple of months.

#36 Hindenhoot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:23 AM

Huh. This has been a way more hostile thread than I was expecting. Well, kudos from me Bandito - this really does deserve some kind of achievement.

People are pointing out the elite team vs team of elites argument, while that might be true here, it's worth noting that the winning team was a 12 man squad. While the other side was at least 2, maybe 3, groups who likely were talking on their own Teamspeak or similar and certainly weren't as used to playing together.

Edited by Dahoota, 26 May 2017 - 08:30 AM.

#37 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

Nova nerf incoming..

#38 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:47 AM

I oddly encountered that semi frequently in my DakkaBear. Not quit 1400, but there was a time period where I had several 900-1200 dmg matches with 7-9 KMDDs... and no kills. It seemed like several matches I would end up with my own little follower, who would literally do nothing, until the enemy mech was cherry red... and then jump out from behind me to get that all precious kill.

I have to admit, the epeen thing is one bit of PvP gaming I can't say I've ever really understood..... why do so many people seem so insecure that they will go to great lengths to pad what are essentially empty stats? Not a phenomena that computes to my brain.

Yep. 3-4 times in a couple day period in my KDK3 DakkaBear. Couldn't seem to get that last tick of damage in to secure the Solo Kill no matter what I did. I would have to check, but am wondering if it was during an event weekend... that might explain the unusual amount of parasites hanging about.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 26 May 2017 - 08:48 AM.

#39 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

My favorite damage-spreader is my DakkaWolf. Still can't catch a break, though. (This was last week)

Posted Image

#40 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 26 May 2017 - 01:32 AM, said:

LoL damn you win Posted Image

pffft

Try 1498 damage 0 kills

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users