4 replies to this topic

#1 Archer Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFoCo

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

I'll start by saying, I am Tier 4 Grade-A Potato Status and I have had plenty of good games, and a large share of bad games.

I pilot mostly medium mechs and I have had a good number of games where I rack up 700+ damage and several kills. But usually, I am in the 200-500 damage area with a lot of assists and maybe a kill or two, my previous top be 4 (stolen) kills.

To the point: I just had my most intense game of MWO since starting.

By the end of the game my hands were shaking, my veins were pulsating, and I was nearly in fight mode (losing fine motor control). I can't remember the last time where I was that amped over a game.

If you were there and remember this differently, please chime in!

Viridian Bog, overcast and gloomy skirmish. At the lead of the game, we were behind in kills. But by midgame, the game our team tied it up going Mech for Mech down until it was knocked down to a 2 vs. 2. For a moment the friendly and I were fighting shoulder to shoulder when he was killed.

It came down to me versus two. Clutch or Die

In thermal vision, I know I was fighting a Spider, and I think it was a Clan heavy. I was out of SRM ammunition, my heat was pegged out with both Cool Shots used. The heat and critical damage alarms were ringing while I circled the enemy pushing my jump jet Assassin with three Medium Pulse Lasers in chain fire to its limits.

Several times I thought I was done. But I knocked out the Clan heavy with a rear torso shot after powering back on from overheating and sustaining more damage. The comms were indicating to knock out the Spider's legs (thank you), and after a few more attacks and agonizing seconds later the Spider was killed.

While I am sure it looked like several potatoes hitting each other in a wild pillow fight, but for me it was incredible. PGI, thank you!

Posted Image

I am sure for most of you this is an Average Game, but for me it was riveting!

ps. Sorry for the Team Damage Posted Image

#2 Skanderborg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 411 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

Good job!

You shouldn't put yourself down so much. Performance like that means your a lot better than you think.

The elitists use the term potatoe to much , generally applying it to everyone that isn't in the MRBC it seems.

As long as you have a decent loadout with decent map awareness and you're not in a king crab with 6 machine guns capping a point in the corner of the map you're not a potatoe in my book.

And another way to look at it , you know where the forums are to look for guides and ask for help. I assume most real potatoes don't even know what forums are.

Edited by Skanderborg, 26 May 2017 - 04:06 PM.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

Just the fact you remembered to use your consumables, and listened to comms, means you are better than the average potato. :)

#4 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostArcher Magnus, on 26 May 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

I'll start by saying, I am Tier 4 Grade-A Potato Status and I have had plenty of good games, and a large share of bad games.

I pilot mostly medium mechs and I have had a good number of games where I rack up 700+ damage and several kills. But usually, I am in the 200-500 damage area with a lot of assists and maybe a kill or two, my previous top be 4 (stolen) kills.

To the point: I just had my most intense game of MWO since starting.

By the end of the game my hands were shaking, my veins were pulsating, and I was nearly in fight mode (losing fine motor control). I can't remember the last time where I was that amped over a game.

If you were there and remember this differently, please chime in!

Viridian Bog, overcast and gloomy skirmish. At the lead of the game, we were behind in kills. But by midgame, the game our team tied it up going Mech for Mech down until it was knocked down to a 2 vs. 2. For a moment the friendly and I were fighting shoulder to shoulder when he was killed.

It came down to me versus two. Clutch or Die

In thermal vision, I know I was fighting a Spider, and I think it was a Clan heavy. I was out of SRM ammunition, my heat was pegged out with both Cool Shots used. The heat and critical damage alarms were ringing while I circled the enemy pushing my jump jet Assassin with three Medium Pulse Lasers in chain fire to its limits.

Several times I thought I was done. But I knocked out the Clan heavy with a rear torso shot after powering back on from overheating and sustaining more damage. The comms were indicating to knock out the Spider's legs (thank you), and after a few more attacks and agonizing seconds later the Spider was killed.

While I am sure it looked like several potatoes hitting each other in a wild pillow fight, but for me it was incredible. PGI, thank you!

Posted Image

I am sure for most of you this is an Average Game, but for me it was riveting!

ps. Sorry for the Team Damage Posted Image

Posted Image

Let the mech force flow though you!

#5 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

Sounds like a fun match, good scoring too. You won't be Tier 4 for much longer. And don't worry about the friendly fire damage so much, 7 is a minimal amount and it's just like an aggressive pat on the back for your allies.

If you want to get on coms and meet more Steiner players feel free to jump into TeamSpeak and head to ts1.housesteiner.com. We can always use more MechWarriors!

Edited by Ryllen Kriel, 27 May 2017 - 04:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users