Pgi. With The New Tech In July, Will We Be Getting A Free Sp Respec?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

As we all know there is a ton of new tech coming our way in about 6 weeks which is going to have a huge impact on IS mech performance and to a lesser degree Clan mech performance.

That being the case, it has crossed my mind that many of the skill tree choices I would be making today based on the current tech loadouts available to me will end up being obsolete when the new tech becomes available.

Therefore I think it pretty important to know if we are getting a free repec or not in July. Heck I wonder if PGI has even thought about this because as soon as the moved to a customization tree, free repecs become a very necessary change for any major balance changes and even some minor ones.

Here is an easy example of what I mean. My Grasshopper currently runs a 295 Standard Engine. Right now I absolute feel Speed Tweak is required however come July the first thing I will be doing is dropping a 330 LFE into the mech in place of the 295 Standard. This is going to provide a very significant boost to my speed, enough so that I honestly can't say that Speed Tweak will be needed any more.Therefore when the new tech drops, 9 points will need to get re-allocated and that is just because I changed one characteristic of my mech. I might end up with using Light PPCs instead of Large Lasers or other such changes which could result in me needing to having to move dozens of SPs around my trees.

So I think it is pretty obvious come July there needs to be Free Repecs available otherwise it would just be foolish to max your SP builds on any IS mech and maybe even some Clan Mechs.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:20 PM

I think a month and a half is enough time to earn some cbills if you want to re-spec a dozen skill nodes here and there...

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 26 May 2017 - 03:21 PM.

#3 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

That seems like a lot. For what is only a few tweaks you'll have to make. I think at best they should give some SP to each mech you have fully mastered. But a whole respec's worth seems excessive.

I can see dropping speed tweak. Getting velocity for the new PPCs. But that doesn't require an entire respec. What would constitute changing your entire build?

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:07 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 26 May 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

I think a month and a half is enough time to earn some cbills if you want to re-spec a dozen skill nodes here and there...

This is true. But I have been earning only about 100K per match cause I generally use 3 consumables per match. :D

#5 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 26 May 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

That seems like a lot. For what is only a few tweaks you'll have to make. I think at best they should give some SP to each mech you have fully mastered. But a whole respec's worth seems excessive.

I can see dropping speed tweak. Getting velocity for the new PPCs. But that doesn't require an entire respec. What would constitute changing your entire build?

You know I find it quit puzzling that people aren't realizing just how much of a huge change to the meta this new equipment list is going to make. I mean for the Clan mechs, not so much but for IS mechs it is going to be pretty huge and until this new equipment gets tested, it is going to be next to impossible to know what skills your going to need. I mean you might have a JJ capable IS mech that you decide to remove the JJs from so you can fit a dual Heavy Guass set up or maybe you will drop your existing Guass set up which didn't require you to invest in heat related skills in order to mount Quad Light PPCs which now require that investment. Until we get those weapons and other equipment on our mechs and see how they perform there is no way to tell what Skill Builds we are going to need to support them. I mean how much XP and C-bills do you want to grind out? 20-30-40 points per mech. I know I sure don't want to do that until I know what effect the weapons and equipment is going to have on my builds.

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 26 May 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

And just how much do you expect this new equipment to cost? I would bet LFEs will easily run between 3-6 million C-bills each. How about a Heavy Gauss? Regular Gauss is 600k so what are we looking at maybe a straight up Million C-bills for a Heavy Gauss. Spread this cost over 40-50 mechs and that 6 weeks of earnings you saved to repec your mech might not even be enough to cover the costs of the new equipment you want.

#6 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:22 PM

lolno is your answer

#7 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

I fail to see why you would need a respec. Energy is energy, missiles are missiles, the hardpoints are not changing, so the picks you made will still apply to the new weapon loadouts you may choose.

The only thing some may change is the AMS overload points. I am guessing once laser AMS is out we will see a lot more of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users