Better Deathwish

2 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we get a different Deathwish? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

New Deathwish

1. The Old one is fine (6 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

2. I prefer the one you proposed (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. I had a different setup in mind. (Show your work) (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

Hunchback IIC is one of my favorite Clan Mechs, it's the equivalent to Shadowhawk for me, it's a workhorse. It's mobile, though squishy it hurts like a ***** when built, then play right. But then we have this letdown: the Deathwish.

Posted Image

Sure there's a highmount ballistic and energy hardpoint, but it doesn't have Jump Jets and the rest of the mount is really low. It wanted to such meta-**** so bad, it did it badly and failed. There's so much sacrifice, to achieve something with little gain.

So here's a different take for the deathwish.

Posted Image

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:02 PM

It is certainly more unique, but under the new skill tree it will suffer.

#3 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

I propose that it comes with 2 energy in one torso and then one ballistic in the other torso then give it one energy in each arm, no CT weapons, and no jump jets.

This would allow for it to bring 2 ERPPCs and a gauss rifle but not be able to poptart with it, instead it would have to rely entirely on having high cockpit level mounts for them. The 35 damage alpha strike would give it a higher alpha than the dual gauss build ones but it wouldn't be able to take jump jets, thus it has its own differences, a different playstyle, and is still useful in the meta.

Also we don't get an awkward missile hardpoint or two that are two few to do much with other than trigger people and move the energy weapons from the high mounted sides to the low mounted CT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users