Better Deathwish (Poll)

7 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 26 May 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Hunchback IIC is one of my favorite Clan Mechs, it's the equivalent to Shadowhawk for me, it's a workhorse. It's mobile, though squishy it hurts like a ***** when built, then play right. But then we have this letdown: the Deathwish.

Posted Image

Sure there's a highmount ballistic and energy hardpoint, but it doesn't have Jump Jets and the rest of the mount is really low. It wanted to such meta-**** so bad, it did it badly and failed. There's so much sacrifice, to achieve something with little gain.

So here's a different take for the deathwish.

Posted Image

https://mwomercs.com...tter-deathwish/

#2 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

It's fine the way they designed it.

#3 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:29 PM

View Postsycocys, on 26 May 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

It's fine the way they designed it.

No it's not. It's a straight-up downgrade than a sidegrade, with little advantage to offer over a lost JJ.

#4 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

I feel like we've already had this argument, no need to have it again.

Personally I think you'd be better off promoting/asking for an expansion of the Originals/IIC lines. You'd get pretty wide support for that.

#5 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

View Postsycocys, on 26 May 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

I feel like we've already had this argument, no need to have it again.

Personally I think you'd be better off promoting/asking for an expansion of the Originals/IIC lines. You'd get pretty wide support for that.

Like Urbie IIC?

#6 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:53 PM

Oh wait, I thought it had the option to bring 2 energy in that one torso, before I typed up this reply... anyway here it was. Would be kinda neat if it could do that build I thought out, guess people will be stuck with just 1 gauss and 1 ERPPC with 4 SPL for close range or just a lot of heatsinks or some other options. I don't know. I'll just keep my dual Gauss HBK-IIC instead.

"With the variant they are giving you can do gauss plus 2 ERPPCs up in the high mounts at cockpit level, making it top tier meta and allowing it to put out 35 PPFLD, which is 5 points more than the dual gauss HBK-IIC build, and 15 points more than the dual ERPPC HBK-IIC-A build. It loses the jump jets and instead opts for more firepower in high mounts, making it the variant build for land based hill humping instead of poptarting."

EDIT:

I'm really not a fan of the 2 missile design you are suggesting. For the most part I dislike the Grid Iron due to its awkward missile mounts that are too few to make good use of but yet act as a way for the designer to not give you more useful weapon hardpoints.

Edited by Dakota1000, 26 May 2017 - 07:54 PM.

#7 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 26 May 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

Oh wait, I thought it had the option to bring 2 energy in that one torso, before I typed up this reply... anyway here it was. Would be kinda neat if it could do that build I thought out, guess people will be stuck with just 1 gauss and 1 ERPPC with 4 SPL for close range or just a lot of heatsinks or some other options. I don't know. I'll just keep my dual Gauss HBK-IIC instead.

"With the variant they are giving you can do gauss plus 2 ERPPCs up in the high mounts at cockpit level, making it top tier meta and allowing it to put out 35 PPFLD, which is 5 points more than the dual gauss HBK-IIC build, and 15 points more than the dual ERPPC HBK-IIC-A build. It loses the jump jets and instead opts for more firepower in high mounts, making it the variant build for land based hill humping instead of poptarting."

No it's not, it's still one high mount energy, one highmount ballistic.

If i could have 2 ERPPC and 1 Gauss highmounted for deathwish, its far better even if its an obvious meta ****-sucker. But it's not, it lost those JJs for a mediocre trade.

View PostDakota1000, on 26 May 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

I'm really not a fan of the 2 missile design you are suggesting. For the most part I dislike the Grid Iron due to its awkward missile mounts that are too few to make good use of but yet act as a way for the designer to not give you more useful weapon hardpoints.

But this is not just some Grid Iron, it has two Missile hardpoints, 4 energy hardpoints, and Clantech. So i don't think your concern is valid.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 26 May 2017 - 08:02 PM.

#8 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:05 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 26 May 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Like Urbie IIC?

If that's up your alley, I doubt many people would complain. Would think it would be better to see more like 5-6 base/c-bill models of the IIC mechs, a few more options on the original line mechs, and maybe some more pods for the under-powered/used original clan mechs.

Something like that I think you'd get a lot of support for, especially from the game vets that play both sides of the field.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users