Ssrms Vaporized At 180Meters

3 replies to this topic

#1 ManusDei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:45 AM

Did PGI buff the IS AMS overload? my streaks can't get through even at 180Meters poof nothing.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:42 AM

View PostManusDei, on 27 May 2017 - 04:45 AM, said:

Did PGI buff the IS AMS overload? my streaks can't get through even at 180Meters poof nothing.

They've been doing some fiesty damage for a while now.
But now people can get them without having to pay 6 million cbills, and depending on the path you take you're forced to get at least the first level.

Since base AMS once did 3 damage per second. (If I'm not mistaken base AMS damage is somewhere around 4-6).
AMS overload 1 adds 1.5 damage per second
AMS overload 2 (getting both) adds another 1.5 (so 3 damage total)..

Streaks have 2 HP per missile.
If AMS is 4... then 2 AMS overload nodes, that's 7 damage (3.5 streaks destroyed per second)
If AMS is 6, then 2 AMS overload nodes, that's 9 damage (4.5 streaks destroyed per second)...
PER AMS installed.

Get a mech with 2, and that's 14 to 18 damage per second (7 to 9 streak missiles destroyed per second).

That's assuming it doesn't already have some AMS quirks outside of the AMS overload skills.

#3 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:58 PM

theres also an ams overload bug out there that can happen and increase ams effectiveness.

#4 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

Regular AMS damage is 3.5/second based on a ROF of 30 shots/second or effectively 0.116 dmg per shot, the nodes add 1.25 each so combined its 6 which is 0.2 dmg per shot. Same as before with the single module which added 2.5. Streaks travel at I believe its 230 meters per second, SRMs are 400 and LRMs are 160. AMS without range nodes has a 120 meter optimal engagement range but 240 meters maximum. With the range nodes maxed on the mech it becomes 138m and 276m. All missiles have 1 hit point except NARC's which have 2. Thus on average without the nodes a regular AMS takes about 9 shots to destroy one missle or 18 for a NARC. With the nodes its about 5 and 10 respectively. Once a missile is destroyed the AMS switches to the next one in the volley.

If you're firing at a mech with AMS, say attacking a triple AMS NVA-S with a 5xSSRM6 streak crow from 200 meters, it would take the streaks 0.86 seconds to reach the Nova. If you fired a triple-launcher volley (maximum without ghost heat) that's 18 missiles in the air, and the Nova has a +30% ROF boost on its AMS so 39 shots per second per AMS. 39 * 0.86 = 33 shots fired each so 99 total which is enough to destroy 11 of the streaks. With both the AMS nodes that's enough to destroy 19 missiles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users