41 replies to this topic

#41 vorstellung

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:17 AM

i used the mlx-b even before the changes skilled it up with all 91 points
mostly into offensive, jj and mobility with a few points into sensors and 0 into survival.

i run 3 small cERSL and 2 cSSRM4 and have some heat problems in tourmaline and caustic but mostly it runs fine.

playstyle is i hang out with the gang and protect the heavys and assaults from lights harass (usually 2 salvos of ssrm and they either run for it)
also protect base or nodes from solo lights that think they could cap that.

my weak maps are polar highlands and terra therma. sometimes frozen city also when the fights going on in the hills.
the mlx just needs a lot of buildings to play out the jumpjets for mobility and getting cover.
so i shine absolutly in mining colony, viridian bog, crimson strait etc. also canyon network and HPB are great maps to jumpjet around and harass damage into enemy. sometimes i get only to fight lights and mediums and damage ranges then low around 300 but if i can get the chances against large enemys where no laser burntime gets missed and all missiles hit the chests it goes up 600+

i had a few games that i finished without arms and was pretty useless except as a running active probe stick but its not as bad as ppl talk about. it. if read on the webs about the mist lynx one gets the impression they are the most squishy things that throw away their arms at the first sharp look. thats absolutely not true. actually the mlx running at 121 kph is quite hard to hit for its size. ballistic hits are either lucky or dont happen same with srms, laser fire is only scratching as well as LRM fire. LRMS spread their damage around all torso and limbs nicely and i escaped bad situations mostly intakt that i knew my raven would have no chance to survive.

and dont forget if its take 5 guys to focus a mlx and fail to kill you then your team has plenty time and opportunity to push up and kill some enemy! use it to your advantage. zap around a corner, target something, fire the missiles and the guns once and vanish over a hill back to your team. or find a nice spot on a building and move back and forth and shoot shoot shoot

#42 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:35 AM

the 8mg lynx now is a thing of beauty.....

just max out some range, speed tweak it, uparmor/structure and run around and chew stuff up.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users