- - - - -

Should I Sell Off My 2 Extra Mechs?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Xoco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

Now that you don't need 3 mechs to elite things, does anyone still bother to keep their extra mexhs lying around? I find mysekf gravitating toward 1 or 2 buikds/variants per mech type, so I feel kind of pointless keeping a bunch of extra mechs lying around.

#2 ScrubLord1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:52 AM

Most people will tell you never sell your mechs. I disagree. Keep them if you still have an abundance of mechbays, but sell them if you're short, and never see yourself using those mechs again. If you change your mind in future you can simply buy them back with their exp retained.

Edited by ScrubLord1, 19 June 2017 - 03:54 AM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:36 AM

View PostScrubLord1, on 19 June 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

If you change your mind in future you can simply buy them back with their exp retained.

if you have skilled them then sell them that XP is gone.

but otherwise yes, I agree, if you do not like that varient (or prefer another so never see yourself using that one again) you may as well sell it.
but before you sell bear in mind that there is nothing to say that in a month time the MEch will not get quirks, or meta will not evolve to make it "the best varient in the game"

#4 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:08 AM

I like to change up my playstyle from time to time. I will snipe, brawl, LRM, and midrange. So i like to keep a variety of different mechs to use at my disposal. So I am on the side of never selling a mech.
Look at what you would get if you sold it, look at what it would cost if you decided later on that you wanted to get it back? Do you really need the C-Bills so badly that you think its worth it.
It depends on you but to me id rather have something on the off chance that I will use it later vs selling it for next to nothing.

#5 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

If they're redundant and you need mechbays, I would sell them.

#6 MacMasters

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:33 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 19 June 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

if you have skilled them then sell them that XP is gone. [...]

That is an important fact to keep in mind: if you sell a Mech all your accumulated XP and Skill Nodes bought are gone! If you (later ... much later ...) may re-buy the Mech again you have to do all the "skilling" again from scratch ... (*)

So better think twice before "rage-selling" a Mech ... you may regret it later.

(*) at least with XP earned after the skill-tree patch; not sure if this applies to "old" pre-skill-tree XP, too

Edited by MacMasters, 19 June 2017 - 02:47 PM.

#7 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

No mechbay-cheapskating with uncle russ anymore! This is basically the reason why they build that whole monstrosity.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 19 June 2017 - 03:00 PM.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

View PostMacMasters, on 19 June 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

That is an important fact to keep in mind: if you sell a Mech all your accumulated XP and Skill Nodes bought are gone! If you (later ... much later ...) may re-buy the Mech again you have to do all the "skilling" again from scratch ... (*)

So better think twice before "rage-selling" a Mech ... you may regret it later.

(*) at least with XP earned after the skill-tree patch; not sure if this applies to "old" pre-skill-tree XP, too

if you have HXP, HSP or GSP from the conversion that is safe, but after it is applied to the Mech it goes when the Mech does.

#9 Rattler85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 19 June 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

if you have HXP, HSP or GSP from the conversion that is safe, but after it is applied to the Mech it goes when the Mech does.

I would hold onto the mech as sadly it is sort of an investment and if you toss it then it is gone.

#10 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:46 AM

for there cost of mech bays, I'd keep um.. You can pick up bays in events and for pocket change, especially when they are on sale. Just stock up on sales, and use your earned MC or spend 7 bucks on occasion and pick up some and buy bays as needed. when the sale hits buy a few more.

IMO the time i need to remake C-bills to buy a mech is just not worth my time. It can take 5-10 hours of playing to earn a mech. How long does it take to earn 50 cents on sale, or a dollar or so when not to buy a bay?

To me its about how much is my time worth, and it is worth far more than the cost of a bay. That is the way i look at it anyway..

Edited by JC Daxion, 20 June 2017 - 02:47 AM.

#11 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:38 AM

IF you sell a mech strip its engine and weapons b4 you do.

#12 MacMasters

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:54 AM

View PostGorantir, on 21 June 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

IF you sell a mech strip its engine and weapons b4 you do.

And make sure you really have removed all the little gadgets (horns etc.) from the cockpit. Posted Image

#13 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:13 AM

View PostMacMasters, on 21 June 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

And make sure you really have removed all the little gadgets (horns etc.) from the cockpit. Posted Image

or just do not tick the sell equipment box.

The sell equipment box is unticked by default, if you do not tick it everything equiped on the Mech that can be removed is put in your inventory.

#14 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:34 AM

View PostXoco, on 19 June 2017 - 03:31 AM, said:

Now that you don't need 3 mechs to elite things, does anyone still bother to keep their extra mexhs lying around? I find mysekf gravitating toward 1 or 2 buikds/variants per mech type, so I feel kind of pointless keeping a bunch of extra mechs lying around.

I've sold mechs in the past, but pretty rarely. Only one I regret is the 5K, and not enough regret to ever buy it again, haha. It's not too hard to rebuy them, but reskilling them will be painful. Don't sell their engines.

Usually, though, I would say keep them around with dust covers unless you need the mechbays. Never know when you need a certain variant, or something gets a reboot with quirks. Importantly, with new Civil-war era tech coming out, I would hold onto them until you're certain there's no life in them with the new EQ.

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:44 AM

View PostXoco, on 19 June 2017 - 03:31 AM, said:

Do you have a use for them?
If yes, then the answer is do not.
If no, then the answer is do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users