On Supply Drops (No Salt In Side, I Promise)

4 replies to this topic

#1 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 287 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:10 AM

So was looking at be plethora of "invalid" mechs, and my tons (see what I did there?) of useless engines (and actually selling them off...) and though, "How in the world did I acquire all the odd engines that are not apart of any of my builds?" and it dawned on me: Supply boxes.

My suggestion/request, change the "XL###" engines in supply drops to "XL### - XL###" and let the player pick an engine. Will an XL280 might be nice, if the mech I am trying to kit can only fit an XL270, I'd gladly take the less engine to build the mech I want.

Just a though.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:48 AM

Except for cockpit items, colors, decails and mechbays replace everything else with its CB value...would be so much easier then haveing to go through the inventory every now and then to sell all the stuff I don't want / need.

#3 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:59 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 30 May 2017 - 04:48 AM, said:

Except for cockpit items, colors, decails and mechbays replace everything else with its CB value...would be so much easier then haveing to go through the inventory every now and then to sell all the stuff I don't want / need.

I kind of understand that, but what I'm asking for is the ability to select an engine up to the CBill value, as often it cost more to buy a lesser engine than it pays to sell a greater engine (example blow). Maybe that is as intended, but none the less the ability to just have the right, lessor engine would be nice.

Not a needed feature, any free engine is a bonus (I only open caches I have free keys for) but it doesn't hurt to ask.

So looking through my inventory I have 3 unused XL250 engines (which if memory serves is a solid engine, used in a lot of build so I don't mind too much, just need homes for them) but an "invalid" UM-63R that is in need of an XL170. Selling an XL250 nets 2,041,667, but buying the needed XL170 costs 2,776,333, leaving me short some change. Not the best example as I have a handful of large mechs that would need larger engines, etc...

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

I understand what you mean but I think its more complicated to have a "range of items" then just a fixed one.
Still I am thinking that I haven't found any game that has managed to make these dropboxes worth while.

The best way to use boxes that I found in any game I have played is to wait till a certain type of box becomes rare and then sell it on the ingame market.

I realy wish that we could sell them on an ingame market. Some people seam to like these boxes but rarely get them. Other people, like me, have a constant supply of them but realy don't want them.

#5 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 30 May 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

I realy wish that we could sell them on an ingame market. Some people seam to like these boxes but rarely get them. Other people, like me, have a constant supply of them but realy don't want them.

This would also render my suggestion moot, as I sell all boxed I get when I don't have free event keys, and even then I get pretty picky on which ones I open.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users