So I Got Drunk And....

8 replies to this topic

#1 Sephious

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

apparently bought into the legendary founder package years ago in Italy.....and now I remember this...annnnd help? LOL Any quick tips?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:07 PM

The Legendary Founders package came with 4 Mechs, Atlas, Catapult, Hunchback and Jenner, of those as a complete beginer I would recomend trying the Hunchback first, the stock loadout will want a few upgrades but is not bad, the Catapult is an LRM boat, LRMs are easy to use but hard to use well, the Atlas and Jenner are still pretty good Mechs but require a lot more skill to use well than the HBK or CPLT.

First play the tutorial, that will get you 5 million cbills, which is enough to upgrade the Hunchback (the other Mechs will be much more expensive to upgrade), I then recomend playing all the trial Mechs to get a feel for what you like

if you decide to upgrade the Hunchback you will want to purchase the upgrades Double Heat Sinks (makes your heatsinks much more powerful) and Endo Steel internals (weight saving in exchange for 14 slots), then use the freed up tonage for a bigger engine, I recomend a 250 or 275 standard engine, then use any extra free weight to change the head small laser to a medium and if there are any tons left over possibly add more heatsinks or AC20 ammo, finaly if you still have more than 14 slots left consider buying Fero Fibrus Armor (weight saving in exchange for 14 slots, but not as much weight saving as endo steel).
the Hunch has a huge front torso and tiny rear, so only leave 2-5 points of armor on the right rear torso

you should have a lot of MC, save this for purchasing Hero Mechs, like your Founder Mechs they have a 30% cbill earning boost, if you like any of the Trial Mechs look at the chassis hero Mech (heroes have a name rather than a letter/number designation.
before spending MC or cbills I recomend you use Smurfy's Mechlab to play around with build options, this will allow you to figure out total cost to purchase and/or upgrade a Mech

you should have premium time, this gives a 50% cbill and XP earnings increase, activate it under your profile on this website, as you can activate 30 days at a time, rather than the full (if I remember correctly) 6 months worth if you activate ingame.

otherwise just play the game, there is a rather steep learning curve, if you have any questions come back here and ask them

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 29 May 2017 - 02:08 PM.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,735 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:10 PM

They also came with Premium time. DO NOT ACTIVATE it in game. On the website, click on Profile, and from there you can activate 30days at a time....

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 29 May 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#4 ShootterMcGavin

• PipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSlam Diego, CA

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

I got drunk once and bought a Pretty Baby...

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,735 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

Could be worse. Purchase of the Clan Pack and you hate Clans... :)

#6 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

if you remember the email account you used you may be able to recover that account, if thats the purpose of this post.contact support@mwomercs.com.nevermind your profile says 2012, welcome back,

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

View PostShootterMcGavin, on 29 May 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

I got drunk once and bought a Pretty Baby...

Best mech ever until quirks.
Unfortunately after losing the negative brakes, that awesome ability to climb hills that even jumpjet mechs can't climb got lost...

....so yeah now it pretty much sucks.

View PostSephious, on 29 May 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

apparently bought into the legendary founder package years ago in Italy.....and now I remember this...annnnd help? LOL Any quick tips?

Aim for the pelvis.

Side note: Play Hunchback to its strength; find places with lots of buildings or obstacles and linger there; don't go out into the open.

Double heatsink upgrade on everything.

#8 Tsar Bomba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:46 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 29 May 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

The Legendary Founders package came with 4 Mechs, Atlas, Catapult, Hunchback and Jenner

He would also have the first year loyalty mechs: Another Atlas (AS7-S), A King Crab (KGC-000L), and a Centurian (CN9-AH)

#9 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:40 AM

Make sure the doctor checks for handicaps in the babies... They are statistically at an increased risk for problems.

Edited by Arugela, 05 June 2017 - 12:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users