No replies to this topic

#1 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:30 PM

Today I came back to MWO because I'm really stoked to see the Skill Tree. Seems like people think its OKAY, meaning some people despise it and some love it.

But woe is me when I have to update this game with 25 patches, and each patch is like a gigabyte. Is this really the easiest way to do this?

I'm not complaining, I understand this game has a small amount of resources and you can't always have just one dude working on each thing, that'd mean development slams to a halt.

Any suggestions on how to revamp the patch system? Seems to me once a quarter they could have a "baseline" patch that returning players could grab for that quarter, and they could easily apply the most recent in that quarter. Would this be that difficult to implement?

The worst part seems to be how they would do it, as its dictated what you need to patch on a case by case basis. If I left in 2012, I'll have MUCH different stuff to patch than a person who is patching from 2015.

Am I off-base here when I don't want to download 30gb each time I get back? I'm not the most active player, but geez. This is a bit too much.

Lemme know if I'm just whining or if you have a better suggestion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users