• Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

View PostHal Greaves, on 31 May 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

Yessss BCMC with that 94% win ratio haha

Glad I could be apart of that!

Nice job guys. Heh lucky for us the event ended when it did. 94% win ratio is nothing to sneeze at.

#23 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

Steiner: 3 Skye Rangers of Terra SRoT 76 /2931 /1574 /0.54 /38.6

Proud of all my Rangers!

We had several 12 man teams going during both the Americas and European time zones on many days. I know I played upwards of 50 matches myself. Our casual players were the real hero's, coming out in droves to play in FW even though many don't normally play there.

Even the Skye Rangers Academy Rookies made the Top 25 list @ #24!

Kudos again to the 12 Donegals for taking first place in Steiner! I have NO IDEA how they managed to play approximately 1000 more matches than we did! I thought the Rangers were playing practically non-stop...

#24 Jurosik

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:31 AM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 31 May 2017 - 06:38 AM, said:

70-90% scouting matches?

Nah actualy most of my losses were from scouting where i played solo unless i helped someone with the event.

Got 130k LP from event and you cant get that much from scouting.

#25 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:41 AM

View PostJurosik, on 01 June 2017 - 04:31 AM, said:

Nah actualy most of my losses were from scouting where i played solo unless i helped someone with the event.

Got 130k LP from event and you cant get that much from scouting.

I don't have the numbers but a typical scouting match would yield me around 300K C-Bills ... and I was knocking out a scouting match close to 6/7 minutes per match (total time, finding match, readying up, re-queuing). That isn't too dissimilar from what I would typically expect from an invasion match. Figuring 4 scouting matches per 1 invasion.

#26 Jurosik

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:54 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 01 June 2017 - 04:41 AM, said:

I don't have the numbers but a typical scouting match would yield me around 300K C-Bills ... and I was knocking out a scouting match close to 6/7 minutes per match (total time, finding match, readying up, re-queuing). That isn't too dissimilar from what I would typically expect from an invasion match. Figuring 4 scouting matches per 1 invasion.

LP arent cbills. In Scouting you get very few LPs at all if you just run around taking intell in lights (not my style)

466 LP(its 500+ if you have premium) was my top LP gained for scouting but that included 4 solo kills some saviour kills lance in formation and components destroyed. If you loose you again get almost nothing unless you killed someone.

Compare that to invasion mode when you can get up to 1000LP if you loose and 1400+ LP for win. No problem geting 700+ on average.

#27 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:33 AM

View PostJurosik, on 01 June 2017 - 04:54 AM, said:

LP aren't cbills. In Scouting you get very few LPs at all if you just run around taking intell in lights (not my style)

466 LP(its 500+ if you have premium) was my top LP gained for scouting but that included 4 solo kills some saviour kills lance in formation and components destroyed. If you loose you again get almost nothing unless you killed someone.

Compare that to invasion mode when you can get up to 1000LP if you loose and 1400+ LP for win. No problem geting 700+ on average.

Considering the only method of reliable pay in this game is winning and dealing damage / kills / component destruction I am pretty sure C-Bills / LP are earned in a similar manner. IE ... Crushing the enemy for around 250K to 300K of c-bills in a scouting match which happened most matches will earn a similar amount of LP in as I earn in a typical invasion match. Most invasion matches I make 1.2 million C-bills ... so theoretically I'd still come out ahead in Invasion but not as big of a difference as I would have expected.

From IS, if you are a team running fast SRM the game is EZ mode until you hit the hard counter (Nova SPLs) and when that happened we simply switched to 3 LPL + Locust 1e combination and trashed the Nova SPL mechs. Now in those matches I was in the locust so my earnings dropped as I couldn't DPS fast enough to get above 250K c-bills along with my 3 LPL buddies mowing dirty clan mechs down.

I think I have a pretty good idea what I am talking about at this point as I have been doing this a long while. I do agree LP is still more efficient in invasion, I just meant to say that in Scout mode if you do it right you can get a similar if still inferior number of LP.

Now if I played solo ... and it was gather intel, well I play to win so yes in that case Locust / Spider runs don't pay well.

#28 Jurosik

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:54 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 01 June 2017 - 06:33 AM, said:

I just meant to say that in Scout mode if you do it right you can get a similar if still inferior number of LP.

Now if I played solo ... and it was gather intel, well I play to win so yes in that case Locust / Spider runs don't pay well.

No you cant do that with LPs. you have only 4 targets even if you win and get assist on all enemies with your lolcust all 4 enemies thats 4x20LP add 25lp for win and some extra things like scout components formation thats only 100-150 per won match on average. Real big LPs come from things like solo kill, kmdd,final blow then and only then you get like 100+ per mech which is very hard to get when you play as 4 man scout team.

Your average scouting LP per match win or loose cant realisticly be much above 100LP in full group. While on invasion 700LP average is easy to get with positive W/L rate.

#29 Dravan1

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:59 AM

I really think the MERC's should have gotten their own category here... instead of fuddling up the Loyalists lists.. or perhaps designate which of these units were actual Loyalists units as compared to Merc units... I am sure the MERC's would like to see hoe they stack up against one another as would the loyalists.. just a suggestion for next time. :D

#30 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:55 PM

It's a bad event

Because of P.G.I weak scoring system, teams that did more scouting got higher results than those teams that played full invasion as both 'matches' scored a single win, a 12 man split into fours could easily score effectively 4 times more points scouting and often more for 30 minutes than a full invasion match.

As gaming the system was supposed to get teams banned, and this was a clear case of most teams gaming P.G.I's useless scoring system, I wonder how many were completely clean.

And how it would effect the results if P.G.I had any balls and imposed their own rules.

Edited by Cathy, 02 July 2017 - 05:03 PM.

#31 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

This is why I was hoping they'd release the stats for W/L for scouting and invasion separately, per unit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users