Battle Of Tukayyid 3: Battle Stats - Final Post

40 replies to this topic

#21 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:19 AM

In scouting, the attacker has a clear advantage, because all they have to do is get a single data point, and then hide/power down and not be spotted until the last few seconds, then get into the dropship..

Avoidance of conflict is a great winning strategy for attacking in scouting..

Defenders have a VERY hard time finding the attackers..

#22 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:05 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 31 May 2017 - 01:19 AM, said:

In scouting, the attacker has a clear advantage, because all they have to do is get a single data point, and then hide/power down and not be spotted until the last few seconds, then get into the dropship..

Avoidance of conflict is a great winning strategy for attacking in scouting..

Defenders have a VERY hard time finding the attackers..

While the scenario absolurely could happen and maybe occasionally does happen, i don't think you'll find many people willing to do that often unless they are desperate for a trolling/moral victory since is such a waste of everones time...

Edited by MovinTarget, 31 May 2017 - 02:05 AM.

#23 Mi Ro Ki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEta Carinae

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:25 AM

3500 in one faction Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image What a joke.

Scouting was dominated by nova. Need i say more.

Edited by Mi Ro Ki, 31 May 2017 - 02:27 AM.

#24 pyrocomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:27 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 31 May 2017 - 02:05 AM, said:

While the scenario absolurely could happen and maybe occasionally does happen, i don't think you'll find many people willing to do that often unless they are desperate for a trolling/moral victory since is such a waste of everones time...

You know, more than once I was on attaking side and we haven't seen opfor mechs at all. Like really. Not that we ran in circles. We actually just went to the center and then to the dropship. So, my bet is that the maps are different and people play different.

#25 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:53 AM

This breakdown makes it even more relevant to get more variant specific info for what was asserted here regarding the new skills tree data and mech performance: https://mwomercs.com...l-tree-balance/

Chris stated that certain chassis are showing all sorts of improvement with the skills tree, but is it that the ALL Grasshoppers are getting better, or is it just the 5P and 5H? Which as you can see above are the ones that actually get played...because they are in fact better than the N and J. Etc.

The point being is that this data clearly shows that some variants are better than others (at least in the playing community's eyes), while PGI historically nerfs mechs wholesale (see past Kodak nerfs for example) despite the fact that only certain variants are the favored ones. The above shows us that PGI has the ability to look at variant specific data yet for some reason they often don't use that level of specificity when making changes.

Please stop doing that.

Use the data you have PGI. Use a scalpel and not a hammer when making changes.

#26 Psycho Cop

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 76 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:44 AM

Missed opportunity to omit the number of wins per unit separated in Invasion and Scouting matches.
Anyways, for a next FP event that'll be something to take into account. The effort placed into a match resulting in a higher win token. Scouting matches are just simply shorter and require less kills on average than Invasion matches.

#27 MrMagoo421

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

I'm actually rather impressed with how well the IS did overall. It's clear the game is not at a point of true balance, but it's not incredibly out of whack. Based on the time-frame of tech we're using, the clans should be at an advantage lore wise anyway. I'm now really curious as to how this will look post Civil War tech where parity is closer on the baseline. I'm also less sympathetic to those saying the IS is to weak to play.

I look at this from the perspective of an IS player. I own a few clan mechs and hate every one of them, so I spend 95% or more of my time in IS mechs and 100% of my faction play time as an IS player. I think they have left us with enough of our quirks that when the new tech hits we'll be just fine.

#28 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:09 AM

View PostMi Ro Ki, on 31 May 2017 - 02:25 AM, said:

3500 in one faction Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image What a joke.

How did you feel about StreakCrows when they were allowed?

#29 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:40 AM

View PostMi Ro Ki, on 31 May 2017 - 02:25 AM, said:

Nova wasn't dominating, HBK IIC were (top 20 mechs)

48218 NVA's were used, and 72154 Hunchbacks.
even within the top3 used mechs, more HBK's than NVA's

this comes due to the mech quirks, no point in using anything esle than a prime for 6+ E's or S Nova if you go with 6E's, while on hunchbaks your chassis chhoice depends on the Loadout much more.

Edited by Lily from animove, 31 May 2017 - 09:40 AM.

#30 Avimimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

Any idea what the least popular mechs were?

#31 testhero

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOrloff, Dutchy of Orloff

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

View PostAvimimus, on 31 May 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

Any idea what the least popular mechs were?

Vindicators fore sure and the 'Hero' St Ives Blue in the lead.

View Postmycroft000, on 31 May 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

How did you feel about StreakCrows when they were allowed?

The StreakCrows had exploitable flaws and were easy to beat when you set up as a team. Mixed Novas and Hunchback IIc's are much harder to regularly beat

#32 David Sumner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostOdanan, on 30 May 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

Wow, almost the same number of players for Clans and IS! Posted Image

Yeap. For a universe where the Clans should be outnumbered 10:1

#33 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 31 May 2017 - 01:10 AM, said:

In Scouting, the attacker seems to be at advantage.

Makes sense. If we assume that in a straight up fight it's a coin flip, then combine that with the difficulty in stopping a team determined to win on intel.

IMO the game mode imbalance comes down to the extraction. the Defenders have no clue where the dropship is coming unless they happen to stumble upon it in a very very short window of opportunity. Then even if they do the opponent just has to leap into the square at the last moment to win. Defenders milling around the dropship will get shot up making it even harder for them if they do spot it.

Back when I played scouting more, I wound up just trying to memorize every possible extraction point on every map. It helps, but you can usually only scout out one spot in time. And then you still have to find the guy and kill him.

In scouting, there needs to be more opportunity for counter-play by the defenders.

Perhaps simply labeling the possible extraction points on the map would even things up a little. Or you could do something bolder and only allow victory if they bring at least 10 intel points to the extraction. Then you make it so that when you kill a mech you gain his intel.

This still allows players to rush grab intel and bug out without a fight, but you may have to change your plans if you're too slow. It also makes it more rewarding to collect and then kill the defenders instead of just hiding all game, which I think is more fun for everyone.

Edited by Jman5, 31 May 2017 - 02:13 PM.

#34 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

View Posttesthero, on 31 May 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

Vindicators fore sure and the 'Hero' St Ives Blue in the lead.

The StreakCrows had exploitable flaws and were easy to beat when you set up as a team. Mixed Novas and Hunchback IIc's are much harder to regularly beat

I actually think Novas are one of the best Mechs in the game. I recently took a challenge from one of the guys in my unit to see how bad of a build it would take before I couldn't be good enough in it to contribute to the win.

It took him giving me a Breaker loadout of 3x Flamer, 1x LB5, 1x SRM2, and 1X LRM5. Anything else I've been able to consistently put out over 300 damage per match(which in and of itself is extremely low output for me).

I'm still working on my Novas post skill tree, but so far in the Nova-S 500+ has been pretty common for me.

#35 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 31 May 2017 - 02:05 AM, said:

It probably just comes down to options.

In scouting the attackers have two ways to win ... eliminate the defenders or capture a datapoint and get onto the drop ship. If the fighting goes badly any remaining attacker can bide their time and make a run for the drop ship. The defenders only have one option and that is to eliminate all the attackers. Since the forces are "equally" balanced (with the clans having an edge) ... the attacker is more likely to win due to the additional win options.

#36 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:00 PM

View PostDavid Sumner, on 31 May 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

Yeap. For a universe where the Clans should be outnumbered 10:1

Welcome to reality rather than lore. Try not to faint from the shock. Posted Image

#37 johnwolf

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:11 PM

View PostMawai, on 31 May 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

It probably just comes down to options.

In scouting the attackers have two ways to win ... eliminate the defenders or capture a datapoint and get onto the drop ship. If the fighting goes badly any remaining attacker can bide their time and make a run for the drop ship. The defenders only have one option and that is to eliminate all the attackers. Since the forces are "equally" balanced (with the clans having an edge) ... the attacker is more likely to win due to the additional win options.

the ONLY reason two works is because even if the defenders find and SIT ON the pickup point....Defenders still lose...which is ********. IF the defenders lock down the Pickup point then the defenders win, like, two mechs in the point or more depending on how many attackers survive. that way, Attackers still can smoke drop and get away with their ****.

#38 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:16 PM

View PostMawai, on 31 May 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

It probably just comes down to options. In scouting the attackers have two ways to win ... eliminate the defenders or capture a datapoint and get onto the drop ship. If the fighting goes badly any remaining attacker can bide their time and make a run for the drop ship. The defenders only have one option and that is to eliminate all the attackers. Since the forces are "equally" balanced (with the clans having an edge) ... the attacker is more likely to win due to the additional win options.

Not entirely sure I agree 4v4 in brawling IS do very well if they come in 55 ton SRMers .. which strangely is normal. And look what was the most popular IS mech in the competition the 2N Griffin.

I found that it almost entirely came down in brawls so which 4 man stuck together and was most organised.

#39 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:19 PM

View Postjohnwolf, on 31 May 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

the ONLY reason two works is because even if the defenders find and SIT ON the pickup point....Defenders still lose...which is ********. IF the defenders lock down the Pickup point then the defenders win, like, two mechs in the point or more depending on how many attackers survive. that way, Attackers still can smoke drop and get away with their ****.

Yeah we lost two mechs to their DS and they still smoke ran successfully with their light in our last close map. We'd got the majority of the intel and killed three of their mechs. Silly mechanics....

#40 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:25 PM

why even bother repeating the same event, when we all know who will win anyways?

PGI seemingly never heard that one quite famous quote about repeating things and insanity :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users