Comcast Customers Unable To Connect

13 replies to this topic

#1 MountainDude

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

At approximately 11:15pm pst my group of three simultaneously disconnected. None of us can connect to the service nor access mwomercs.com now (I'm on my cellular network right now). All three of us are Comcast customers. If I connect to my work VPN I can connect to MWO services. Some reddit posts and Twitch chats corroborate the same time of disconnection and connecting via Comcast. Looks like they've blocked PGI.

#2 MountainDude

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:51 PM

Looks like someone kicked the box at Comcast. I'm back in and so are others on Reddit, in Discord, and in Twitch chat. Let the waves of screams recede.

#3 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:52 PM

More likely it's a DNS error than a block. Have you tried rebooting everything (including the modem), and changing DNS servers?

#4 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:52 PM

Me and my unit had the same thing happen to us with both teams at the same time, they lost 3 due to DC and our team lost 4 to DC myself included, it was prly about 2:10am eastern standard time, i was able to reconnect rather quickly but the other 3 (HBR, KGC, KDK) were not so quick to rouse if even at all.. hopefully the servers arent melting.... that would make me sad =[

#5 BARegulator

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:55 PM

Xfinity here and same issue. Tried Xfinity support and they are worthless. Glad to see it wasn't just me.

#6 Grimm Peaper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEnjoys long walks with Assault mechs

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:03 PM

View PostEscef, on 30 May 2017 - 10:52 PM, said:

More likely it's a DNS error than a block. Have you tried rebooting everything (including the modem), and changing DNS servers?

I am a comcast customer, lost contact earlier, and was able to reconnect without rebooting.

#7 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:23 PM

FASTEST and most reliable DNS server to use is google's.

Service. Google Public DNS operates recursive name servers for public use at the two following IP addresses: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for IPv4 service, as well as 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844, for IPv6 access.

#8 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:32 PM

Yeah cumcast happens about once or twice a month around midnight i notice. Sometimes longer then an hour. Server updates and restarts maybe?

#9 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:32 PM

Dee Eight is right. Put those servers as your DNS and you should be fine. Comcast has horrid infrastructure.

Edited by Ced Riggs, 30 May 2017 - 11:33 PM.

#10 BARegulator

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

I use Google's DNS and it still dropped me.

#11 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:52 PM

In that case, Comcast is truly awful.

#12 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:03 AM

I think it really depends on what area you're in. I have a freind in New Hampshire that can't wait to be a Comcast customer again, as the only options in the area they just moved out of are horrible. In my area there are options, and I've had few comlaints about Comcast (other than the middle of the night server maintenance screws with us nightowls). Verizon, OTOH, is straight garbage. I've also heard bad things about AT&T's net service.

Once again, I think this is likely very dependent upon your area. There could be areas where AT&T is great and Comcast inhales balls through its nose. I have no experience with any such area, but I wager it happens.

#13 MountainDude

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:16 PM

It was not a DNS issue. I would have solved that quickly. It was a short lived Comcast routing issue that apparently affected a very small number of services for customers in the region. As I mentioned earlier, it was resolved for all customers shortly after being reported.

#14 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

Did you tried changing ISPs to Comstar?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users