New Standalone Client

2 replies to this topic

#1 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

Surprisingly enough, "feedback and suggestions" forum don't actually have any "feedback subforum, so I'll just feedback right here.
Generally speaking, new MWO portal is awesome. Old MWO client was about twenty times slower, sometimes I waited an entire minute to launch the actual game. With new portal I can hit "play" and launch the game almost instantly. News/announcement panels loop smoother, looks better. (I don't really get why would you need forum links in client, but whatever.)
So if you didn't change to portal yet - do it, it's grate.

Also I did have some troubles: without admin rights installer don't work, it just restart every 1 second untill you restart. Annoying, but once you log in as admin you can install it.
But here's the problem: I have 2 accounts: admin and user. I installed MWO as user, and I usually play as user. I installed Portal as admin, but it doesn't see the game, and only let you install it all over again. It does see the game from user account, and I can play from user. Is there any way to point the portal to game location, so I could also play as admin, without downloading the game again?

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:06 PM

I'll use it once the portal is stable enough.

#3 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 908 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:57 AM

Does it affect anything while in-game? Or it's just new launcher?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users