#121 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

@Aidan,

Yeah, i think they may have lots of things going on they simply don't want to share prematurely since no matter how good it is, there will be invariably, backlash from some chunk of the community. I think they've learned not to promise too much as users will hold them to it, regardless of changes in circumstances.

As you said, this franchise has a long history its a lot of pressure to try and take that on, especially when you are held to a standard that your own studio didn't create. For example, i am not sure anybody but Blizzard could have done WoW as well as they did. They know their own lore, where it came from, where its going.

Edited by MovinTarget, 10 June 2017 - 12:14 PM.

#122 Draconis March

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 02 June 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Elo

Seriously, why do you guys hate caps so much? It makes acronyms look really stupid.

View PostPeiper, on 02 June 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

Wow! Can't wait to see those new maps! Economy! Salvage! Supply lines! Raids! Black Market! Tanks! VTOLs! Infantry! Battle Armor! Smoke rounds! Aerospace! Dynamic Weather! Planetary assets! Woohoo! THANK YOU PGI!

What are you talking about m8?

View PostProsperity Park, on 02 June 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Thanks for the look ahead. NIce to see things not getting pushed back.

Warning: This post will be quoted by people saying I should not open my mouth, because things will be pushed back. And when they are not pushed back, the quoters will not be apologetic because they felt their forecasts were justified.

Leave some krill for everyone else!

Edited by Draconis March, 10 June 2017 - 02:15 PM.

#123 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

@Aidan: You do realize the reason why MechWarrior was ditched in the first place was because it's owned BY a large company that bought out FASA Interactive in the first place, right? it's entirely possible a lot of the cash is going straight to Microsoft so they can maintain their license to use it.

also, accusing the whole staff of driving BMWs off our dime because you heard ONE GUY there drives them is kind of stupid. I mean, sure, a lot of guys who live around West or North Vancouver probably do, but that's more because they're rich families to begin with. the Lower Mainland of BC is kind of a hellhole with no real social strata. You pretty much have pretty clear Rich-Poor dividing lines here.

in any case, the important thing is at least we know there IS new maps coming sometime in the next few months, which is better than nothing. PGI isn't really beholden to tell us a damn thing, so be glad they do.

#124 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:07 AM

View PostKaptain, on 09 June 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

This. After all you did promise to do so and that was how many years ago?

Sounds like a lazy assault/heavy pilot. ;)

#125 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:13 PM

View PostBluttrunken, on 04 June 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

I guess alot was cut because of performance but the bullet impacts which throw mechs back, the smoke trails, the gun sounds, the sheer physicality of it. That's how a mech game should be. Funnily enough that's exactly why I was excited about the MW5 trailer.

The average PC is much stronger by now. PGI should consider to reintroduce some of the physics effects. IK is just the tip of the iceberg it seems.

Still got the smoke trails for the LRMs, might need to change some graphic settings, but they are there.
I thought some of the sounds were a bit more 'tinny'. A higher pitch or something. Didn't sound as good in my opinion.

The IK stuff seems like a nice to have feature but not one that will really do anything meaningful. If it helps the feel of the game or leads to other effects, ok. I'll wait and see I guess but the game is so fast now who has time to look at a mech and think that it's feet are not touching the ground properly.

#126 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:06 AM

I'll have to question the point in a Road map, if they're not telling us what's on it, and holding things back.

After all I.K has been on it for how many months now, yet there is less chance of that happening, than seeing a Wasp light mech, and that's very slim.

There is very little on this to get excited about.

8v8 league, if your not in the top 12 of your unit, you'll try this new thing for about a month and then leave for quick play.

New tech, going to make the game great huh, lol yeah riiiiight. within 24 hours the Anni sucks so badly posts will arrive or this weapon that armour is O.P !!!! anmd we'll see months of rage and balancing by potato.

So nothing worth getting excited about really.

The one thing that makes this game worth playing isn't the new shiny, it's the people you play the game with.

#127 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:23 AM

View PostCathy, on 14 June 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

I'll have to question the point in a Road map, if they're not telling us what's on it, and holding things back.

After all I.K has been on it for how many months now, yet there is less chance of that happening, than seeing a Wasp light mech, and that's very slim.

There is very little on this to get excited about.

8v8 league, if your not in the top 12 of your unit, you'll try this new thing for about a month and then leave for quick play.

New tech, going to make the game great huh, lol yeah riiiiight. within 24 hours the Anni sucks so badly posts will arrive or this weapon that armour is O.P !!!! anmd we'll see months of rage and balancing by potato.

So nothing worth getting excited about really.

The one thing that makes this game worth playing isn't the new shiny, it's the people you play the game with.

I sort of agree with certain parts but:

"New tech, going to make the game great huh, lol yeah riiiiight. within 24 hours the Anni sucks so badly posts will arrive or this weapon that armour is O.P !!!! anmd we'll see months of rage and balancing by potato."

What?

#128 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:03 AM

Whelp, guess we get no PTS before their energy weapon changes gets implemented....because not testing always goes well...

#129 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 15 June 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

because not testing always goes well...

and testing goes so much better? ;)

Sorry, I know that's a little snarky, but PGI can't win, can it? No matter what it does at this point, there will be some highly vocal portion of the community that will rip them to shreds.

I am not defending them, only stating that at this point, why bother inviting even more criticism by doing extra work?

#130 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:01 PM

View PostW E N D I G O, on 15 June 2017 - 05:46 AM, said:

Well, just sit and watch if you have to ask questions about this post. Although it's admittedly a weird formulation it's actually spot on.

No I genuinely have no idea what they tried to say. Posted Image

#131 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 15 June 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

and testing goes so much better? Posted Image

Sorry, I know that's a little snarky, but PGI can't win, can it? No matter what it does at this point, there will be some highly vocal portion of the community that will rip them to shreds.

I am not defending them, only stating that at this point, why bother inviting even more criticism by doing extra work?

If they are getting hurt feelings by criticism, then developing video games is probably not the best field of work for them. They should be able to look at criticism and think "do they have a valid point?", even when it is presented to them unprofessionally.

How many bugs were caught and fixed by running PTS? How about that Arm Pitch got removed from the skill tree because it did nothing for about 2 dozen mechs? They still push through changes they wanted, but at least we are dealing with less problems than what would have been if they implemented their original change.

Many might not be happy with the changes coming in the next patch, but have they tested every energy weapon on every mech? Probably not, but some tester might find that 5000% cooldown glitch on that one mech with that one energy weapon that they didn't bother testing.

#132 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:49 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 16 June 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

Many might not be happy with the changes coming in the next patch, but have they tested every energy weapon on every mech? Probably not, but some tester might find that 5000% cooldown glitch on that one mech with that one energy weapon that they didn't bother testing.

There is a patch that always follows 2-3 days after for that. The live servers also provide a much larger population who will catch those issues in a shorter time. Why bother with the PTS during a month long event that people are already complaining about? Can you imagine how angry the people who want more people in FP would be?!

#133 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:50 PM

Well? We're waiting...

8v8 Competitive Mode The premier feature of our June patch. Featuring Competitive Leaderboards, Team Registration and Management features, Competitive Play lobbies, detailed statistics and standings, and more, this all-new Competitive Play area will enable players to form Teams for ranked Competitive matches against other Competitive Teams in 8v8 Conquest Matches.

Though Teams will be matched according to Elo rankings, this Competitive Play feature is intended for players and Teams operating at the highest levels of skill and organization. Join the fight if you're up for the challenge, but participation should not be taken lightly!

We'll save the full rundown on this mode for the June Patch Notes, currently slated to arrive on the Friday preceding the patch.

#134 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

View PostQueenBlade, on 16 June 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

Well? We're waiting...
We'll save the full rundown on this mode for the June Patch Notes, currently slated to arrive on the Friday preceding the patch.

You know this always comes late Friday evening, be patient ;)

#135 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:29 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 16 June 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

You know this always comes late Friday evening, be patient Posted Image

Heh, if I know QueenBlade, he will not be patient for comp 8v8 details...

#136 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

https://mwomercs.com...14120-20jun2017

I hate to say "I told you so" :P

#137 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:07 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 16 June 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

There is a patch that always follows 2-3 days after for that. The live servers also provide a much larger population who will catch those issues in a shorter time. Why bother with the PTS during a month long event that people are already complaining about? Can you imagine how angry the people who want more people in FP would be?!

Sorry but just because you want an excuse not to go on PTS I want to test things thoroughly and not just spout garbage from an uninformed position. Once I've experimented I might rage but I'll try to do it from a position of experience. ;)

#138 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostAramuside, on 17 June 2017 - 05:07 AM, said:

Sorry but just because you want an excuse not to go on PTS I want to test things thoroughly and not just spout garbage from an uninformed position. Once I've experimented I might rage but I'll try to do it from a position of experience. Posted Image

I keep forgetting that fake enthusiasm and sarcasm don't communicate well in type. I'll add more winky and tongue faces so its easier to catch next time.

#139 cpl axeman

Rookie

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

PGI,

I don't know where to begin or end...after buying loads of mechs I am wondering why you guys need to push players away from this game. Yes you are developing a new game now, that was supposed to be apart of MWO...but now isnt and needs to be another sinkhole i guess...

#140 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:47 AM

Dear PGI,
Thanks for the fun game. Sorry some people are unwilling to give changes a try before qq...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users