Jump to content

Range Boost Stacking Rules?

4 replies to this topic

#1 TeeREX


  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:07 AM

just wandering so you have your range boost from skill tree in brackets next to range my question is the target computer adds laser range is the range boost from skill tree included in that or does it only go off base weapon damage same question regarding qerks

#2 Horseman


  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,212 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:51 AM

Range boosts are additive with each other. Their sum is then applied to the weapon.

#3 McHoshi


  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:38 PM

So IS Battlemaster will get even more OP with the new 3060 IS Targeting Computers. Posted Image

#4 Davegt27


  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

my Clan TC don't do jack why would the IS TC be any better?

#5 Dee Eight


  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:11 AM

Boosts for electronics don't show in the mech lab but skills/quirks do. All percentages are added together and are then applied to the base range value for whatever they're for.

So in the case of sensors... if you have all five sensor nodes (35%) and an active probe (25%) together its 60% of the base 800 meter radar range, so 480 meters extra and a total of 1280 meters.

If you for example of a clan ER LL, have a 10% laser range quirk, all 15 range nodes for 15%, and a TC1 for another 4%, that's 29% of the base 740 meter optimal range, which is 214.6 meters (and the game rounds off to the nearest whole number, so its 215) for a new total of 855 meters.

There are at least four IS mechs that still have 15% energy range quirks (one black knight and one mauler and I forget what the other two are), so with 15% range nodes you could add 30% to the 810 meter ER PPC range and get 953 meters total.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users