- - - - -

How Do I Select A Faction?

12 replies to this topic

#1 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

I looked around in my edit profile but don’t see a way to do it, how do I do it?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:04 PM

I have been a member of a unit since before CW/FP went in so I have never needed to do it but I know it is ingame on the faction play tab.

#3 kylania

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

I'm pretty new, but I believe it works by opening the FP for the first time and it should prompt you to choose Freelancer, Merc or Faction. Merc requires you to be in a unit.

As a Freelancer you can click on Factions on the left side, then See Details for IS or Clan as you want then Choose a Side. You'll get a little spinner thing with the house/clan you want to join and off you go!

Or just join a unit you like. :)

#4 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

Thanks!

#5 Bug Catcher

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:13 PM

Are there bonuses depending on which faction you support and follow? I don't see what it does other than a picture.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:39 AM

View PostBug Catcher, on 15 June 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

Are there bonuses depending on which faction you support and follow? I don't see what it does other than a picture.

picture and earnings for faction play.
that is it.

#7 Mercworks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:07 AM

I would start a process of working through each faction to get to the early bonuses for each one. It shouldn't take too long, and they give away a lot of good stuff. The later awards take so time that it's probably not worth it.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:15 AM

View PostMercworks, on 16 June 2017 - 07:07 AM, said:

I would start a process of working through each faction to get to the early bonuses for each one. It shouldn't take too long, and they give away a lot of good stuff. The later awards take so time that it's probably not worth it.

if you do this bear in mind you have to pledge loyalty to get access to the loyalty rewards (Mercs and each faction have seporate loyalty rewards) then leave the faction, to leave you have to leave your unit, it then takes a week for you to be released during which time you cannot earn loyalty, and you loose 40% of any points you had earned for that faction.
you can absolutely do this but it is not as quick or simple as it was a year ago.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 16 June 2017 - 08:21 AM.

#9 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:53 AM

Isnt it still a free mechbay @ rank 7? or something like that

#10 Crusher Bob

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:20 AM

Most importantly, Faction Warfare rewards are almost the only non real money ways to get more mech bays. The lvl 2 (a mech bay) faction reward is trivial to get, and the level 6 reward (another mech bay) is pretty easy to get as long as your schedule can accomodate the times people do play FW.

So, in theory, you should make yourself a loyalist of some faction, get to rank 2 or rank 6, depending on your ambition, then desert and pledge to a new faction to repeat the process.

#11 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:34 AM

View PostBurning2nd, on 16 June 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

Isnt it still a free mechbay @ rank 7? or something like that

I believe there are free bays at rank 2 and 6, level 2 can be reached with just a few games, however the 10 game probationary period then the having to give a week notice to leave makes the Mechbay tour something that takes 3-4 weeks for the 2 bays rather than potentialy 2+ bays a week

#12 Crusher Bob

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

Scouting matches count for the probationary games, so you can do scouting for probation and then scouting or invasion for points afterwards.

#13 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:46 PM

^^^Yes I think so, the describtion says invasion but it seem scouting couts too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users