#1 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:07 AM

Anyone notice a drastic increase in this going on? The population go up? Whats the deal? I check peoples ping i see warping and its less than a hundred with no ping fluctuations?

I heard from other people last night the same thing they were noticing as well. Ever since last patch i have been noticing wierd stuff. People just popping out cover not even slowly moving just bam all of a sudden poof apear.

Reminds me of the old 56k modem days its so bad.

Edited by Natred, 09 June 2017 - 06:09 AM.

#2 kyfire

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:30 AM

I was having "skipping" issues, but I determined my problem was CPU throttling. Swapped the (rather hot normally) FX 9590 for a FX 8370 and the issue went away. This is not to say that's your problem, but is something to consider and look into. MWO is very CPU intensive and can push your CPU to it's max quick.

#3 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:36 AM

Well that would make since except it will be just one mech and everyone is else is moving fine.

#4 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

It's kind of been a thing the last couple of days. Seems to be isolated to NA (unless that's changed). Alex had been monitoring their servers the other day after it had started to pop up. Russ acknowledged it too. Last night was pretty good for me personally, so I thought it had passed (whatever it was).

Edited by kuma8877, 09 June 2017 - 09:01 AM.

#5 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:30 AM

Yeah, definitely hope its fixed.

#6 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:35 AM

From Alex G on Reddit... not sure why they don't post this here

Hey all,

I've been keeping an eye on all the reports of server and connection issues in the recent days, but so far our servers aren't reporting anything unusual on our end; the connection issues aren't happening at our data center or in its immediate area, they're happening somewhere further along the chain between your computer and our servers.

To help shed some light onto why this all might be occurring (strong 'might', mind you), I've linked an outage map below for Level3, one of the largest internet 'backbone' providers. If Level3 is having issues, and you're on Comcast, AT&T, Time Warner, any of the other big ISPs, or any of their million subsidiary ISPs, Level3's issues are very likely to become your issues. Depending on your location, these problems might be intermittent; they might only be noticeably impacting your connection to the MWO NA servers due to the way your ISP is routing to our servers in Montreal.

http://downdetector....tus/level3/map/

While these outage maps aren't always 100% reliable, they do provide a decent window into the frequency and location of outage reports coming in; particularly when there's a lot.

After checking out the Level3 map, check out the maps below for Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon. You'll notice some of the same hotspots and outage patterns as you saw with Level3. This is (potentially) because all of these ISPs are relying on Level3 infrastructure to varying degrees in various places, whether directly or indirectly, or they're simply having similar issues in the region.

http://downdetector....st-xfinity/map/ http://downdetector....status/att/map/http://downdetector....us/verizon/map/

We're going to keep monitoring things on our end in the event that there's any indication we can help alleviate any issues, but at this stage the issues are appearing beyond our control. If you're having any connection issues I strongly recommend contacting your ISP to find out if they can provide you with any information. If your ISP claims nothing is amiss, feel free to get in touch with our tech support at technical@mwomercs.com if you haven't already done so and we can get some connection diagnostics from you.

#7 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:41 AM

Well i have at and t... not in thoughs outage areas. I wonder if thoughs programs that are telling people their damage done and such is messing with the servers.

#8 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:42 AM

Thread number 2314234 on this topic.

#9 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:18 AM

View PostNatred, on 09 June 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

Anyone notice a drastic increase in this going on? The population go up? Whats the deal? I check peoples ping i see warping and its less than a hundred with no ping fluctuations?

I heard from other people last night the same thing they were noticing as well. Ever since last patch i have been noticing wierd stuff. People just popping out cover not even slowly moving just bam all of a sudden poof apear.

Reminds me of the old 56k modem days its so bad.

noticed it too

mmm
have to try and remember on which region, when and if it happens

View Postkyfire, on 09 June 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

I was having "skipping" issues, but I determined my problem was CPU throttling. Swapped the (rather hot normally) FX 9590 for a FX 8370 and the issue went away. This is not to say that's your problem, but is something to consider and look into. MWO is very CPU intensive and can push your CPU to it's max quick.

I'd like to think we're talking about different things here
it's not the game skipping a few frames/stutter

what I'm seeing sometimes:
the game just comes to a halt, but not per se

I can still shoot, but the crosshairs don't turn red
so I'm guessing waiting on server

and after a few seconds things go on normally

thing is
is it my router/connection; would affect only me

or is it somewhere on the way to the servers/ the servers themselves

Edited by Peter2k, 09 June 2017 - 10:59 AM.

#10 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:30 AM

I have a theory...

Remember Trump works super hard to kill net neutrality? What if he succeeded already...

Cause, clearly, as PGI pointed out, the issue is with our connection to our ISPs... and that's the Verizon, ATT, and Comcast that kept trying to sell and allocate traffic by extorting web services... What if PGI simply didn't get the memo to pay the extortion fee?

Cause, I haven't heard anyone from Canada with this issue. I use Verizon... and bam... issue.

Edited by razenWing, 09 June 2017 - 10:30 AM.

#11 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 09 June 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

I have a theory...

Remember Trump works super hard to kill net neutrality? What if he succeeded already...

Cause, clearly, as PGI pointed out, the issue is with our connection to our ISPs... and that's the Verizon, ATT, and Comcast that kept trying to sell and allocate traffic by extorting web services... What if PGI simply didn't get the memo to pay the extortion fee?

Cause, I haven't heard anyone from Canada with this issue. I use Verizon... and bam... issue.

No politics. Please.

#12 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:40 AM

I saw 3 mechs on my team disconnect all at once towards the end of one round. Good thing we were already winning.

#13 QuePan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 109 posts
  • Locationcapital district NY

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

well im no where near a outage area and i ran fine this am with no issues , ive been running mwo for a while with this rig , im running other cpu intensive games that dont rubber band at all , so its not equipment issue from my end . its sounds like a lobby issue from the server side , seeing i played just a little while ago with no issues if it was a hardware issue it would be consistent. its not

#14 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

View PostNatred, on 09 June 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

Well i have at and t... not in thoughs outage areas. I wonder if thoughs programs that are telling people their damage done and such is messing with the servers.

You don't have to be in the coverage area major hub into Montreal where the servers are in NY/NJ so you may be going through there. Also what Programs that tell you what damage done?

#15 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:49 AM

This has not happened to me directly, but I'm pretty sure I was blinking on someone elses screen yesterday.

#16 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:53 AM

Someone was talking about a program on teamspeak that accesses your data somehow and tells you how much weapon damage you do per game i guess. For people who want to know which weapons they are doing the most damage with. Im not sure what its called. I was automatically skeptical when he said you had to give your log in info and pass. I have spent enough money on my account to make me protective of it for sure. So i was instant nope. Couple people said it was "working" so idk

Edited by Natred, 09 June 2017 - 11:06 AM.

#17 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:18 AM

View PostNatred, on 09 June 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

Someone was talking about a program on teamspeak that accesses your data somehow and tells you how much weapon damage you do per game i guess. For people who want to know which weapons they are doing the most damage with. Im not sure what its called. I was automatically skeptical when he said you had to give your log in info and pass. I have spent enough money on my account to make me protective of it for sure. So i was instant nope. Couple people said it was "working" so idk

Oh that one yeah it is old but it just pulls the data from your stats page after every match. I used to use it but it was not that interesting. It just pulls that from the web servers which up are different than the game server.

#18 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:36 AM

I just hope they find out whats going on for sure. Not really found of the targets im trying shoot skipping around. Been reporting people in game when i see them doing it incase they are lag glitching.

Other than that i know i missed some because i forgot to report lately.. just started dealing with it.

There was some major spikes tho affecting everyone in our matches last night which was particularly bad. Enough for other people to be like that happen to you too. Yep..

Edited by Natred, 09 June 2017 - 11:42 AM.

#19 QuePan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 109 posts
  • Locationcapital district NY

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

so i switched to the EU servers and have NO issues hmm .

#20 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:36 PM

In the last few days, had warps and multiple discos on several games. (around 4) That never really happened in the past. As expected, it trashes ongoing matches easy.

If it happens again, may try switching to EU servers... Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users