#41 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:38 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 06 June 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

Nothing says **** your equipments like 12 MGs.

Posted Image

I want Bane though.

The Dakka is real!

#42 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:36 AM

So let's have

Fire Moth
Piranha
Vapor Eagle
?Glass spider
Phoenix Hawk IIC
?Turkina
Blood Asp

And IS

Raptor
Lynx
Men Shen
Starslayer
Falconer
Toyama
Onslaught
Fire dragon
Cerberus
Sagittarius

Edited by chucklesMuch, 07 June 2017 - 12:49 AM.

#43 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:50 AM

Every time a light tries to face hug me a little piece of my sanity breaks of and drifts away to Berserker land to dream about curb stomping Commandos and executing flamer Novas with extreme prejudice.

The Berserker is the only mech I really really want. Already have the Mauler and King Crab.

#44 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:42 AM

View PostCK16, on 06 June 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

We Clans still need...
1 to 2 - 20 tonners
1 55 Tonner
1 60 Tonner
1 80 Tonner
1 95 Tonner

Piranha and Fire Moth are basically the only 20-ton options we have. I still don't think the Moth is out of the realm of possibility, but it requires people to stop looking at MASC as a guaranteed speed boost. If it was just an acceleration, deceleration, and turn speed enhancer for the MK1 Clan MASC (and the IS MK1 MASC, actually, for the Flea), it should work perfectly fine.

My vote for Clan 55-ton platform is Vapor Eagle. About 600% less terrible than the Black Lanner, the Vapor Eagle is a Clan 55 ton battlemech (which complements the fact that our current 55 ton mech is an omni). Great spread of hardpoints, good stock speed bracket, etc. The option for jump jets. It's a solid mech. Very solid mech.

60-ton slot? Thresher. A relatively unknown mech for anyone but lore nerds, it's actually widespread in the Clans and is a very reliable multipurpose 60-ton battlemech. Was the precursor to the Summoner, but in many ways is a superior platform. Alternatively, the Glass Spider is a solid option. Like a mini-Jagermech.

80-ton option is probably going to go to the Warhammer-IIC. I think it's time for it. Fits the slot, too.

95-tons leaves the Turkina. A 95-ton Direwolf Light. Nothing super fantastic about it, but it is an iconic Jade Falcon mech, and at the least wouldn't be a terrible mech. Suffers crit limitations similar to the Night Gyr, if my memory serves.

I'll throw a bone to Gas, though. I do think the Kingfisher deserves to be in game in the 90-ton slot. Even if I don't think we need any more 90-ton options in the Clan side.

I'd also love to see the Fire Falcon and Hellion in game. 25 and 30-tons respectively. The first is just a hilariously over-gunned mech for its weight that doesn't sacrifice too much to get there, and the second is a phenomenal tech demonstrator for the new generation of hardware we're getting.

TL;DR:

Piranha + Fire Moth
Fire Falcon
Hellion
Vapor Eagle
Thresher + Glass Spider
Warhammer IIC
Kingfisher
Turkina

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 07 June 2017 - 06:51 AM.

#45 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:08 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 07 June 2017 - 06:42 AM, said:

60-ton slot? Thresher. A relatively unknown mech for anyone but lore nerds, it's actually widespread in the Clans and is a very reliable multipurpose 60-ton battlemech. Was the precursor to the Summoner, but in many ways is a superior platform. Alternatively, the Glass Spider is a solid option. Like a mini-Jagermech.

I'd counter your 60t choice, with another unknown 'cept for Lore nerds with this:

The Lupus

The Lupus is the steeping stone between the Archer and Mad Dog in universe, she uses a standard 300, cEndo Steel, cFF and cDHS

Prime
  • The primary configuration of the Lupus replaces the Archer and Bombardier 'Mechs. A pair of LRM-20 launchers with improved Artemis IV guidance systems allows the warrior to destroy a foe before they can reach close range. The Lupus Prime also carries a set of jump jets which allowed a smart warrior the opportunity to hold the range open, bombarding the enemy with heavy missile barrages. The only drawback is the limited ammunition supply: A mere three tons of ammunition allows for only a brief engagement. Should the enemy close with the Lupus all is not lost. The ER Medium Laser in each arm allow the Lupus to slice off armor, and the ECM Suite makes the Lupus Prime more difficult to target.
Alpha
  • This configuration was used for direct fire support roles. A Large Pulse Laser in one arm supported an Ultra AC/10 in the other. A pair of ER Medium Lasers gave the Lupus A additional firepower in case the 'Mech went through all 30 reloads for the autocannon. Twelve double heat sinks kept the heat manageable.
Bravo Posted Image

Lupus Prime image.

Other than that, I'm in agreement with your list.

#46 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:11 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 07 June 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

I'd counter your 60t choice, with another unknown 'cept for Lore nerds with this:

The Lupus

The Lupus is the steeping stone between the Archer and Mad Dog in universe, she uses a standard 300, cEndo Steel, cFF and cDHS

Prime
  • The primary configuration of the Lupus replaces the Archer and Bombardier 'Mechs. A pair of LRM-20 launchers with improved Artemis IV guidance systems allows the warrior to destroy a foe before they can reach close range. The Lupus Prime also carries a set of jump jets which allowed a smart warrior the opportunity to hold the range open, bombarding the enemy with heavy missile barrages. The only drawback is the limited ammunition supply: A mere three tons of ammunition allows for only a brief engagement. Should the enemy close with the Lupus all is not lost. The ER Medium Laser in each arm allow the Lupus to slice off armor, and the ECM Suite makes the Lupus Prime more difficult to target.
Alpha
  • This configuration was used for direct fire support roles. A Large Pulse Laser in one arm supported an Ultra AC/10 in the other. A pair of ER Medium Lasers gave the Lupus A additional firepower in case the 'Mech went through all 30 reloads for the autocannon. Twelve double heat sinks kept the heat manageable.
Bravo Posted Image

Lupus Prime image.

Other than that, I'm in agreement with your list.

I thought about it, but being locked to a standard engine means it is going to be low on pod space. It isn't that it's an uninteresting option. However, like the Crossbow, I doubt it would be a particularly good robot. :(

#47 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:11 AM

View PostNovember11th, on 06 June 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

for the sake of arguement, and perhaps insanity, a Mackie Battlemech from the starleague would be cool to have purely for the nostalgia factor.

Super tall trashcan mascot plz.
We got the urbie.
Why not a mackie too? Posted Image

This thread has some super wicked mackie artwork
https://mwomercs.com...art-repository/

Don't need to, Alex the in house artist already did a take on what it'd look like in MWO...

Posted Image

#48 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:17 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 07 June 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

I thought about it, but being locked to a standard engine means it is going to be low on pod space. It isn't that it's an uninteresting option. However, like the Crossbow, I doubt it would be a particularly good robot. Posted Image

/shrug

According to SSW, the Stock Lupus has 23t of pod space with 85.57% armour coverage (9t of cFF), taking it to maximum effective (10.5t) leaves the Lupus with 21.5t of pod space, not horrible and only about 6.5t less pod space than a Mad Dog running 10.5t of FF. I'd consider that a fair trade for no XL penalties as well as packing ECM.

Edited by Metus regem, 07 June 2017 - 07:18 AM.

#49 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:20 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 07 June 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

/shrug

According to SSW, the Stock Lupus has 23t of pod space with 85.57% armour coverage (9t of cFF), taking it to maximum effective (10.5t) leaves the Lupus with 21.5t of pod space, not horrible and only about 6.5t less pod space than a Mad Dog running 10.5t of FF. I'd consider that a fair trade for no XL penalties as well as packing ECM.

Yeah, but ECM isn't the game changer it used to be. I don't know if trading ECM for 6 tons of pod space is a fair trade. Plus, given how durable CXL are, I'm not sure being ever so ever so slightly tankier is worth it, either. It wouldn't be the worst thing we'd have, but given other options we already have at its weight point, why bother?

#50 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:26 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 07 June 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

Yeah, but ECM isn't the game changer it used to be. I don't know if trading ECM for 6 tons of pod space is a fair trade. Plus, given how durable CXL are, I'm not sure being ever so ever so slightly tankier is worth it, either. It wouldn't be the worst thing we'd have, but given other options we already have at its weight point, why bother?

Again while true, I am all about having options in each weight slot, some optimal, some less so, some just interesting. I'd say that the Lupus would fall into the interesting category. As she could be a decent to good pop-tart with pod mounted JJ's. ECM, while not the game changer it used to be, is still an extra tool and not something to just discount, especially for those that are not skilled enough to avoid getting smacked around by LRM's.

#51 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:40 AM

I hate to break it to everyone here but I don't think PGI is too concerned about filling needed tonnage slots. If they were then some kind of viable 20 ton clan light mech would have been added a few packs ago. They are basing it off of Gas Guzzler's poll on popularity. So logically we can expect the Fire Moth + Rifleman IIC OR the Piranha + Blood Asp. I personally think they should get the remaining MW:2 mechs out of the way and add mechs like the Crusader for the IS that should have already been in game.

#52 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:06 PM

I hate to break it to everyone here but I don't think PGI is too concerned about filling needed tonnage slots. If they were then some kind of viable 20 ton clan light mech would have been added a few packs ago. They are basing it off of Gas Guzzler's poll on popularity. So logically we can expect the Fire Moth + Rifleman IIC OR the Piranha + Blood Asp. I personally think they should get the remaining MW:2 mechs out of the way and add mechs like the Crusader for the IS that should have already been in game.

Have to disagree- based upon PGI actions, it has more to do with filling in tonnage or capability gaps. How many people were crying out for iconic, canon-defining mechs like the Assassin, or Javelin, or Supernova, or Roughneck?

I think player demand (and thus potential profitability) influences which mechs they pick to fill in tonnage slots (only explanation for why we're getting the Uziel as a sixth 50t mech for IS), but I don't think it's the primary factor. For example, the Nightstar, Osiris, and Arctic Wolf barely even rate on the Gas Guzzler poll- shouldn't we be getting the Fafnir, Thanatos, and Blood Asp with the Nova Cat?

...Of course Osiris, Nightstar, Arctic Wolf and Nova Cat all bring new capabilities to their factions at those tonnages. Fafnir does nothing that couldn't be emulated on the Annihilator, Thanatos and Blood Asp would both be at tonnages that already have 3 chassis, while Blood Asp commits the additional sin of being similar to the MCM2 in many respects.

Clan 20t mechs are a special case since the engine can't cope with mechs travelling above a certain speed.

Next mech pack will be a combination of:

Locust IIC > Piranha = Fire moth
Raptor > Hollander

Black Lanner
Chimera

Thresher > Rifleman IIC
Thanatos

Longbow > Templar > Sunder
Warhammer IIC = Phoenix Hawk IIC > Turkina

If it really is dictated by player demand, we'll get the Rifleman IIC instead of the Crossbow or Thresher. Thresher, like the Nightstar, isn't high on any lists, but update tonnages that have been pretty much untouched for several years.

Warhammer IIC and Black Lanner are almost certainly on the very short list, since they're both highly sought after, and at tonnages that are currently occupied by one other mech since Wave 2 and Wave 1 respectively.

Edited by Aggravated Assault Mech, 07 June 2017 - 01:10 PM.

#53 Kanil

• 1,068 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

View PostAggravated Assault Mech, on 07 June 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

For example, the Nightstar, Osiris, and Arctic Wolf barely even rate on the Gas Guzzler poll

"Barely even rate" seems a bit harsh, don't you think?

The only IS Light getting more votes than the Osiris is the Hollander (which is bad) although it is also tied with the Owens (which is bad, and an IS Omni)

The Arctic Wolf is in second place for Clan Mediums, only behind the Black Lanner (which is bad.)

With the Nightstar you have more of a case, as it's a bit lower in the polls, being in a 6 'mech grouping all behind the two IS 100 tonners... which presumably didn't make the cut, because PGI didn't want to put out two IS 100 tonners back-to-back.

But the other two are hardly unpopular. It seems like PGI's giving out the most popular 'mechs that aren't unviable junk (or IS Omnis, for some reason.)

Edited by Kanil, 07 June 2017 - 01:27 PM.

#54 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

View PostKanil, on 07 June 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

"Barely even rate" seems a bit harsh, don't you think?

Maybe, but I still think it's accurate to say that those polls don't show a significant following behind those mechs.

The Osiris, for instance, is much closer in number of votes to several mechs trailing it than it is to the Hollander. Same with the Arctic Wolf, which is closer to "no opinion" than it is to the Black Lanner. They just don't have the definitive leads that the Blood Asp, or Fire Moth and Piranha have, so I simply don't think it's accurate to say "they are basing it off Gas Guzzlers poll" when clearly they aren't.

Seems obvious to me that they seek a balance between fleshing out tonnages and fulfilling player demand. Hollander is sweet, but as you say it really wouldn't be as great as people think it would. There is no reason to keep it out of the game other than because they think the Osiris adds more to the IS lineup.

#55 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostAggravated Assault Mech, on 07 June 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Maybe, but I still think it's accurate to say that those polls don't show a significant following behind those mechs.

The Osiris, for instance, is much closer in number of votes to several mechs trailing it than it is to the Hollander. Same with the Arctic Wolf, which is closer to "no opinion" than it is to the Black Lanner. They just don't have the definitive leads that the Blood Asp, or Fire Moth and Piranha have, so I simply don't think it's accurate to say "they are basing it off Gas Guzzlers poll" when clearly they aren't.

Seems obvious to me that they seek a balance between fleshing out tonnages and fulfilling player demand. Hollander is sweet, but as you say it really wouldn't be as great as people think it would. There is no reason to keep it out of the game other than because they think the Osiris adds more to the IS lineup.

To be fair, the Black Lanner is 55t of bad, when fully armoured it is going to have all of 11.5t of pod space available to work with, that puts it in 35-40t mech level pod space... It'd be Storm Crow sized, while pushing Arctic Cheetah speed yes (with out using MASC), but it will not have the DHS to be able to push 6+ cERSL to make it useful. I mean you might as well save the 25t for your drop deck for something bigger and meaner and just take an Arctic Cheetah.

I've also seen posts from people demanding it, hand in hand with it retaining the MekTek version's 360 degree torso twist... MW4 didn't do anyone any favors in that regard, as all the mechs there carried more than they should've been able to along with having abilities they did not or rather should not have had....

It's amazing how many times I've called how new mechs will be in game, just by looking at the TT history of the units, something that often gets criticized for being a completely different game and that one shouldn't look there to get an idea of how things will likely perform in MWO.

As for the Osiris, it'll likely be decent to good as far as IS lights go, it'll give the IS pilots another gunboat light.

#56 Kanil

• 1,068 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostAggravated Assault Mech, on 07 June 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

I simply don't think it's accurate to say "they are basing it off Gas Guzzlers poll" when clearly they aren't.

Sure, but PGI typically has their 'mechpacks be LMHA (there's only been one that wasn't, yes?) and they've split up the CWs into half Clan, half IS. Both of which seem reasonably sound decisions.

Given that the last pack contained a Clan light, and an IS medium, it again seems reasonable to think that this pack will probably contain an IS light and a Clan medium, and they've picked the most popular non-garbage IS light and Clan medium on the poll. In the context of weight class and tech base, the poll certainly seems to be having some influence.

#57 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:54 PM

View PostKanil, on 07 June 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

Sure, but PGI typically has their 'mechpacks be LMHA (there's only been one that wasn't, yes?) and they've split up the CWs into half Clan, half IS. Both of which seem reasonably sound decisions.

Given that the last pack contained a Clan light, and an IS medium, it again seems reasonable to think that this pack will probably contain an IS light and a Clan medium, and they've picked the most popular non-garbage IS light and Clan medium on the poll. In the context of weight class and tech base, the poll certainly seems to be having some influence.

It has pull but I think It's secondary to what they think makes for more diverse gameplay rather than driving decisions purely or even primarily off player demands.

Nightstar didnt really stand out in the poll, but off the top of my head it was the highest 95t IS mech. Arctic Wolf was the highest 40t clan. Both these tonnages only had one chassis available to their faction. Warhammer IIC and Phoenix Hawk IIC arent the most sought after mechs by a long shot, but because Clan only has the gargle at 80t which was released like two and a half years ago, I would be absolutely astonished in one of them wasn't announced by the end of the year.

#58 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostAggravated Assault Mech, on 07 June 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

It has pull but I think It's secondary to what they think makes for more diverse gameplay rather than driving decisions purely or even primarily off player demands.

Nightstar didnt really stand out in the poll, but off the top of my head it was the highest 95t IS mech. Arctic Wolf was the highest 40t clan. Both these tonnages only had one chassis available to their faction. Warhammer IIC and Phoenix Hawk IIC arent the most sought after mechs by a long shot, but because Clan only has the gargle at 80t which was released like two and a half years ago, I would be absolutely astonished in one of them wasn't announced by the end of the year.

I think that PGI is simply catering to the MW4 crowd with the civil war era for quick summer sales unfortunately. The only exception to this rule is the Nightstar. Now PGI trying to balance popular chassis from nostalgia while to fill in required slots is something that I can see why players would want. But honestly, do people want mechs like the Thresher when a mech like the Glass Spider would obviously be a better logical choice for the clans in the long run? That mech wasn't a choice at the time on the poll when Tina took the hard data and supposedly presented the information at one of their meetings (look back at the thread when some of the official devs stated this). I already know that Paul said those poll results might or might not have any influence over their choice of mechs (which they clearly are with what we were given lately).

With this being said, I believe that they should now focus on adding the mechs that should have been in the game before their license expires on them and if they decide to renew it. Predicting that the next two months ahead of us might possibly be more hero mechs, that will leave us around the September time frame to get 4 new chassis and December (Mech 'Con) for possibly the last 4 new mechs we will ever see in MW:O. Depressing, isn't it? Now you know why I've been pushing so damn hard to get the RFL-IIC in game for years now.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 07 June 2017 - 03:44 PM.

#59 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:48 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 07 June 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

Well according to the poll others don't think that way...

#60 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:52 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 07 June 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

I think that PGI is simply catering to the MW4 crowd with the civil war era for quick summer sales unfortunately. The only exception to this rule is the Nightstar. Now PGI trying to balance popular chassis from nostalgia while to fill in required slots is something that I can see why players would want. But honestly, do people want mechs like the Thresher when a mech like the Glass Spider would obviously be a better logical choice for the clans in the long run? That mech wasn't a choice at the time on the poll when Tina took the hard data and supposedly presented the information at one of their meetings (look back at the thread when some of the official devs stated this). I already know that Paul said those poll results might or might not have any influence over their choice of mechs (which they clearly are with what we were given lately).

With this being said, I believe that they should now focus on adding the mechs that should have been in the game before their license expires on them and if they decide to renew it. Predicting that the next two months ahead of us might possibly be more hero mechs, that will leave us around the September time frame to get 4 new chassis and December (Mech 'Con) for possibly the last 4 new mechs we will ever see in MW:O. Depressing, isn't it? Now you know why I've been pushing so damn hard to get the RFL-IIC in game for years now.

Funny first time I have really heard about you pushing for the Rifleman IIC. Push harder warrior! I pushed for 4 years and flew to mechcon to push some more. Thankfully this year will be a pure vacation and not a business trip like last year.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users