• LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:27 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 07 June 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

ok today Jun 7 you need to drop 2 times in FP

try to get 4000 total match score
try to get 15000 total XP
play group 2 drops

No.

Today, you need to win 2 group drops and play 2 invasion matches. I did it last night.

15k xp doesn't start until tonight, and it runs 2 days, and 4k match score lasts 4 days.

#42 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:28 AM

Wow. Seriously?

PGI tailors their events to the lowest common denominator. They have challenges like "stay in a match without disconnecting for 30 seconds, win a prize."

If you can't complete their challenges in a day or two, there's something wrong.

#43 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:45 AM

You are a dumb dumb if you cannot understand this event.

#44 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:54 AM

agree with OP...too confusing, too many elements.

#45 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:21 AM

Its not that complicated.. All but the last week are short little daily, or a few days. If you have time to play, log in and see if it's something you want and go for it.. Or just check the callender and plan on the reward you want.

Most events i skip lots of stuff because really i don't need the huge time sink, i just like to play to play. But if it has a reward i want, i;ll put more effort in.

That said, these type of events are for people that wanna play a lot, And by all means they should have these types of events, along with the short ones. The last long event they had was over the end year holidays, Before that was October.. So sure, kick off the summer event is highly in order. It's done in lots of games :)

Enjoy!

#46 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

Find the day it is. If you don't know what day it is, you have a bigger problem.

Once you figure that out, find the corresponding day on the calendar they have on the event page. You can click on the event box situated within that date. It will pop you down to the corresponding action you need to do. They even have have a link to bring you back to the top of the page.

It is NOT rocket science.

Is it inconvenient? Yeah, a little bit. I would rather not be pressured into playing each day. But I also don't care about clan hex warhorns, so I didn't bother with that. Play at your discretion.

Edited by MechaBattler, 07 June 2017 - 03:59 PM.

#47 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:08 AM

Think of this event as PGI's way of saying "we want to go on a summer vacation and not have to worry about scheduling another event to keep population up"....so they made it super long, with good rewards and yes.. they made it complicated. This way, they can give us something to grind for weeks on end as they enjoy themselves, worry free of people not playing enough in their absence.

#48 Archer Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFoCo

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:16 AM

I think it is awesome, there are a lot of mini events!

Great work PGI, that was a lot of work, thank you!!

#49 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:27 AM

Always something to complain about, eh?

#50 Akala Tanara

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNekonia Periphery

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

View PostAthom83, on 07 June 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

OP in a nutshell; "I want all the stuff without having to do as much work."

You are an idiot, you didn't even read the post. I already grinded out the part of the event I felt like grinding for. Congratulations on being stupid though :D That or being a troll.

View PostWillard Phule, on 07 June 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

Wow. Seriously?

PGI tailors their events to the lowest common denominator. They have challenges like "stay in a match without disconnecting for 30 seconds, win a prize."

If you can't complete their challenges in a day or two, there's something wrong.

Yet another idiot that didn't bother to read the post, I never said I couldn't complete the event. The event itself is structured overly-complicated. If you need a calendar to explain what's going on for the event then it's overly complicated.

#51 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 07 June 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

Think of this event as PGI's way of saying "we want to go on a summer vacation and not have to worry about scheduling another event to keep population up"....so they made it super long, with good rewards and yes.. they made it complicated. This way, they can give us something to grind for weeks on end as they enjoy themselves, worry free of people not playing enough in their absence.

More like, People are on summer vaction, so here are events to keep you occupied :)

#52 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:18 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 07 June 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

More like, People are on summer vaction, so here are events to keep you occupied :)

It's kinda both....

#53 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

Tier 3 QQ

#54 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

Its a calendar with hyperlinks to the status and progress of the objective for the day.

What on gods green earth is "complicated" about that? You're telling me its "complicated" to go to the date of the day on the calendar, and click on the event criteria to see its status?

I'll say it again, and I find myself thinking this a lot about people on this forum...what in the world do you do for a career...if something like clicking a link on a calendar is too "complicated" for you?

That is a legitimate question.

Edited by Humpday, 07 June 2017 - 03:31 PM.

#55 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:04 PM

You can do it, guys! There is a handy calendar so you don't have to memorize it. Remember, you are a NAIS trained mechwarrior who can identify a mech at 500 yards as a "Mad-Dog-looking mech," and eat nodes for breakfast

#56 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

View PostAkala Tanara, on 07 June 2017 - 01:07 AM, said:

Edit:
Since apparently it's not clear enough, the specific aspect of the event that annoyed me is that if you need a damn calendar to follow the event, then it's probably overly complicated. The page is a mess of mini-events over the whole remaining month.

Yes I know I can do any parts of the event, none of them look difficult, some would be a little time consuming but that's never stopped me before. It didn't stop me today. I bothered to grind out the 4k match score and faction play games and skipped the group play wins event.

Couple bunch of idiots in the thread think I'm complaining about the event being too hard, haha. Hell no, there's nothing wrong with the EVENT, it's just the structure is a goddamned mess as I see it. Hope that clears it up for the non-too-lazy-to-actually-read.

Also no longer reading this thread, as I am tired of idiots assuming I'm complaining about the event not being easy enough, because they're too lazy to actually read Posted Image Have fun all!

Right, other people are idiots but following an event calendar is "overly complicated" for you. Do you wear velcro shoes too?

#57 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:13 PM

View PostAkala Tanara, on 07 June 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

Yet another idiot that didn't bother to read the post, I never said I couldn't complete the event. The event itself is structured overly-complicated. If you need a calendar to explain what's going on for the event then it's overly complicated.

So says the lowest common denominator.

#58 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:32 PM

View PostHumpday, on 07 June 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

Its a calendar with hyperlinks to the status and progress of the objective for the day.

What on gods green earth is "complicated" about that? You're telling me its "complicated" to go to the date of the day on the calendar, and click on the event criteria to see its status?

I'll say it again, and I find myself thinking this a lot about people on this forum...what in the world do you do for a career, if something like clicking a link on a calendar is too "complicated" for you?

That is a legitimate question.

It's complicated in the sense that it changes a ton every day, so for someone that is just trying to get in a match or two, or used to the typical events that have a few goals then 5-7 days to do them it's complicated. Some folks are just casual players. nothing wrong with that.

Yes if you use the calender and then click the hyper links, it's very easy to understand. (so anyone that is overwhelmed just do this.)

I highly suggest everyone just scan through the rewards, and see what ones they really wan't then find out when they are happening and what they need to do and then try to plan accordingly. If they line up when you have time, Great!

If not, days you play, log in, click on the calender's and see what event is active for the day, or next couple in some cases.

PRO-TIP, Try to finish the week 4 reward called Canada day, It is a very nice reward!. You need to finish 5 of 7, but if you can get a few days play in, it should be fairly easy to do.

Edited by JC Daxion, 07 June 2017 - 02:34 PM.

#59 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

View PostAkala Tanara, on 07 June 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

The event itself is structured overly-complicated. If you need a calendar to explain what's going on for the event then it's overly complicated.

What really is so complicated about knowing what day it is, opening the Tournament page you already do, and clicking on the links neatly provided, color coded, and named, to take you directly to specific details? You do not even have to scroll back up, a quick jump to the top to said organized calendar.

If anything, they made a month long series of different events easy to understand and quickly access.

Really? "Overly complicated" Read you call two different people idiots for not reading, so, maybe don't throw stones if you live in a glass house?

Edited by TWIAFU, 07 June 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#60 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

View PostLazy Badger, on 07 June 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

It's really not that hard to really understand.

No it isnt, but if PGI had any idea on how to internet and learned to layout a webpage i bet it would have gotten a way better response.

View PostCoolant, on 07 June 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

agree with OP...too confusing, too many elements.

For a video game, i agree. Its too much like work when i have to use my checklist. I will just play like normal...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users