9 replies to this topic

#1 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:07 AM

Hi,

my favorite mech is my ACH - 6 ERML build. I know it's hot, but since the new skill tree, it's really enjoyable. I play it as an sneaky alpha strike assasine. When i make some matches with my buddy in the same build it's redicioules. That are 84 Pinpoint damage in the rear centertorso...
So i was thinking if i can improve this with the civil war update...

The heavy medium lasers regarding to battletech have still 1 ton like their non heavy er counterparts. But the heat goes up from 5 to 7 and the damage from 7 to 10.

This results in:
30 Heat vs 42 Heat
42 Dmg vs 60 Dmg
1,4 Dmg/Heat vs ~1,43 Dmg/Heat

Since range doesn't matter so much for this specific role and the heavy mediums are more heat efficience i would asume a much better performance. Higher alpha for maybe a little less range.

Maybe other mechs with more than 12 heatsinks (yeah my ACH is a hot baby) would perform even better. I have a similar build in my Hellbringer... i would give it a try

#2 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:15 AM

Keep in mind we don't know the ghost heat threshold for the heavy lasers.

But you can rest assured you won't be firing all 6 HMLs at ones. I would imagine the GH threshold will be something like 3-4 HML fired all at once will be the max.

#3 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:23 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 07 June 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

Keep in mind we don't know the ghost heat threshold for the heavy lasers.

But you can rest assured you won't be firing all 6 HMLs at ones. I would imagine the GH threshold will be something like 3-4 HML fired all at once will be the max.

Than I might mix Heavy Mediums with ER Mediums. Maybe 4 HML + 2 ML or something like that. If they make ghost heat for all mediums in one group and reduce the maximum amount to 4 they effectivly kill my current mech... we will see...

An alternative would be 4 HML + 2 HSL = 52 Dmg with 36 Heat and 1 extra double heat sink...

Edited by MasterBurte, 07 June 2017 - 06:26 AM.

#4 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:33 AM

View PostMasterBurte, on 07 June 2017 - 06:23 AM, said:

Than I might mix Heavy Mediums with ER Mediums. Maybe 4 HML + 2 ML or something like that. If they make ghost heat for all mediums in one group and reduce the maximum amount to 4 they effectivly kill my current mech... we will see...

An alternative would be 4 HML + 2 HSL = 52 Dmg with 36 Heat and 1 extra double heat sink...

The Clan small and medium class weapons are all linked together for GH so I'd expect their heavy variants to be managed the same way. That 52 damage combo you propose might not be viable if the heavy laser limit is set to 4... guess we'll have to wait and see because there's also this matter of the incoming energy rebalancing which could shift things around.

#5 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

I presume that the ghost heat on heavy mediums will be 3-4.

Which just means another few DHS in the Arctic Cheetah!

#6 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

ACH CW Build better be 8x HMG, ECM, HML, or bust.

Edit: PGI won't give us the Pirhana, so we'll make our own.

Edited by Ced Riggs, 07 June 2017 - 10:34 AM.

#7 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:38 AM

View Postcazidin, on 07 June 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

I presume that the ghost heat on heavy mediums will be 3-4.

Which just means another few DHS in the Arctic Cheetah!

I don't need the heatsinks if i can avoid the ghostheat somehow.
I see two variants of ghostheat that they may come up with.
1. Heavy lasers are treated the same as the other variants and only size matters for ghostheat. So max 6 small/medium independend of laser type.
2. All heavy lasers are in one ghostheat group and independend from the pulse/er/standard variants. Maybe we get the above posted 3-4 (i hope 4) max lasers.

If the first happens they should stay with 6 weapons. If they go lower, it would be a hugh nerf. I prefer the first variant, because it would allow me to do my 60 damage alpha build.
If they go with second, I will mix 4(or 3) HMLs with ERMLs or ERSLs or SPLs

#8 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

I would wait with theorycrafting till you see the changes to the energy weapons category.

Posted Image

#9 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:11 PM

View PostMasterBurte, on 07 June 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

I don't need the heatsinks if i can avoid the ghostheat somehow.
I see two variants of ghostheat that they may come up with.
1. Heavy lasers are treated the same as the other variants and only size matters for ghostheat. So max 6 small/medium independend of laser type.
2. All heavy lasers are in one ghostheat group and independend from the pulse/er/standard variants. Maybe we get the above posted 3-4 (i hope 4) max lasers.

If the first happens they should stay with 6 weapons. If they go lower, it would be a hugh nerf. I prefer the first variant, because it would allow me to do my 60 damage alpha build.
If they go with second, I will mix 4(or 3) HMLs with ERMLs or ERSLs or SPLs

I'd rather have the DHS. I'm not expecting a high alpha in a light and don't forget that HML may have a longer CD or beam duration and thus; not be in sync.

#10 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:41 PM

View Postcazidin, on 07 June 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

I'd rather have the DHS. I'm not expecting a high alpha in a light and don't forget that HML may have a longer CD or beam duration and thus; not be in sync.

Normaly you are right. But my common tactic is to get behind the enemy lines and make two alphas in the rear or if possible rip something important of. At the moment i can do 2 full alphas at nearly every map. I think tourmaline needs 2 or 3 seconds cooling in between. After this i reposition myself cool down to 0% and finish the job. The higher alpha would let me be much more effective.
In this build you have to strictly avoid every brawl. Even a locust can kill me if i have no luck with the first shoot and rip his leg of. With 60 dmg you can try to rip of some legs with one shoot even up to medium mechs.

Edited by MasterBurte, 08 June 2017 - 12:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users