Clan Ballistics Change?

9 replies to this topic

#1 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:24 AM

With new ballistics for both sides coming out will PGI finally unf**** Clan Auto Cannons? Probably not but there is hope.

#2 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,841 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:28 AM

I'm out of the loop about this, last time I checked clan AC's are fine (unless you using the clan "standard" AC's) and all the clans is getting is 2 new machine guns we not getting HAG 20-40 anytime soon.

#3 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:31 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 07 June 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

I'm out of the loop about this, last time I checked clan AC's are fine (unless you using the clan "standard" AC's) and all the clans is getting is 2 new machine guns we not getting HAG 20-40 anytime soon.

The jam chance on 10's and 20's is still stupidly high and crippling unless you're boating multiple. I don't think they're that under powered, but it is a big DPS cut for them.

#4 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 07 June 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

This is true, but with the IS getting the remaining UACs and LBXs, as well as the two new MGs and the two RACs, there's likely going to be some sort of ballistic balance pass at some point, since Clan UACs and LBXs will now have something to be properly balanced against so as not to be OPAF anymore.

#5 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:34 AM

Clan standard AC are f**** up and the UACs jam so much they are almost useless unless you have 3 or more.

#6 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:45 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 07 June 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

Clan standard AC are f**** up and the UACs jam so much they are almost useless unless you have 3 or more.

That's because Clan standard ACs aren't supposed to exist at all because in the lore all the Clans had were UACs and LBXs, and LBXs are supposed to be able to switch between canister shot and solid slugs.

But, because PGI is probably the most inept dev studio ever (worse even than the Bioware Montreal studio responsible for all the problems with Mass Effect Andromeda), for letting go of the guy that was responsible for writing the ammo switching code which is supposedly incomprehensible to anyone but that one guy, we're stuck with stand-in, rapid fire Clan ACs.

Yes the rapid fire Clan ACs are worse than the single shot IS ACs, but, they run cooler than Clan UACs and they don't jam at all, but, Clan UACs are still better than IS ACs because they're lighter and smaller.

#7 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:31 AM

They need increased velocity, and that's it
So will Sphere ACs, with their own Ultras (and UltraBads) incoming.

#8 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,841 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:11 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 07 June 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

The jam chance on 10's and 20's is still stupidly high and crippling unless you're boating multiple. I don't think they're that under powered, but it is a big DPS cut for them.

Well since I use UAC10's I rarely noticed maybe I need to try a single UAC10 and 3UAC5's Dull Gyr or a build witha single UAC10. But for UAC20's they suck so hard I had to change my UAC20 and 7cspl Executioner build, to a full laser vomit.

#9 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:50 AM

As a daily user of UAC5's UAC10's and UAC20's, I can say that in my experience, the UAC10's have the highest jam rate of all. One mech has 4 UAC5's and works ok. Less jamming, but I feel the damage power is just not there.

The UAC10's I have several Assault Mechs equipped with 2 UAC10's, with decent ammo load and it's a frustrating high jamming experience and responsible for several unnecessary deaths my mechs equipped with.

The UAC20's I have one mech equipped with 2XUAC20's and they jam less. I have learned to use them within their range limitations, but again, I feel the damage power is just not where it should be for this heavy weapon. I mean it took me 5 shots of both UAC20's to core an kill an Atlas facing me and was situated less than 100 yards from me. Really?

If PGI were to fix anything with the UAC's please fix the jam rate to 50% less than it is now and I'll be happy.

Now, the performance, or lack of the assaults is another story... Posted Image

Edited by Christophe Ivanov, 07 June 2017 - 10:51 AM.

#10 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

I'm somewhat okay with the jam mechanic, but I wish there was at least an alternate control mechanic where the double-tap is triggered by holding down the fire button after a 1/4 or 1/2 second delay, instead of clicking twice. I find myself jamming frequently just because I mistimed the cooldown or the audio cue was out of sync -- I want a reliable way to fire in single-fire mode.

Edited by process, 07 June 2017 - 10:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users