Remove Ability To Report People From Group Queue

36 replies to this topic

#21 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

From what I get from this topic "team damage", "disconnect", "suicide" and other types of penalty inducers silently grow over time. But in order to grow in such way those things need to grow game after game. For example day earlier I had my computer messed up and crashed three times in a row in CW game. I had to restart computer before I could finish it, and afterwards I was rewarded with two minute penalty. Did not crash since then, is it even possible that it would affect a game that happened day later, when I did like 10-15 issue-less games in meantime? And what I completely don't get is how did I got penalty timer after game in which most of time I've spent playing alone against full enemy lance. Even if I would want to, I wouldn't be able to deal any significant team damage.

Edited by G4LV4TR0N, 07 June 2017 - 10:09 PM.

#22 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,994 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:47 PM

group que is a odd area and its hard to figure out what really happened

I try my best to stay away from group que

I even got booted from a group yesterday for some reason that I will never know
joined another group to finish that part of the challenge

you will just have to move on

#23 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:57 PM

View Postdezgra, on 07 June 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

I was with G4LV4TRON as group lead. When we started our next match we got a 10 minute penalty. No penalty before that.

"We" ? got a 10 minute penalty? Not just him? Thats interesting...

#24 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:15 PM

lol, report doesn't resolve in penalty timer.

i've seen you around galvatron, expect you to know better.

#25 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:54 PM

You didn't suicide by overheat in any of those matches as that one occasionally catches me?

#26 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:58 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 07 June 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

we tried to play again, turned out I had 10 minute penalty enabled. I guess their whole team reported me for something and game system accepted it.

There's no in-game insta-moderation on the basis of player reports.

All that happened was that you did team damage and incurred a penalty.

View PostJiang Wei, on 07 June 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

"We" ? got a 10 minute penalty? Not just him? Thats interesting...

Whole group can't launch if we one of its members has a penalty time-out.

Last night my unit had to sit around for two minutes because I was disconnected from a match, then took 4 attempts to immediately re-connect. And then I was denied the match rewards because it took me more than 2 minutes to rejoin.

So as you see PGI have again crafted the perfect system, which not only stops you from joining matches, it then penalises you and your unit after it also prevents you from rejoining in time.

Edited by Appogee, 08 June 2017 - 12:01 AM.

#27 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,921 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:21 AM

its probibly unrelated. i dont think player reports will trigger the penalty system. the troll potential of that is way to high. when the your team starts talking **** about you its always nice to shove their words back down their throats by winning. but its often easy to "accidentily" get a lot of team damage and team kills especially when your team is full of idiots. i think i did 200 team damage in fp yesterday when my cat jumped up and made me bump my arty strike button while removing her from my desk. this strike landed square on my entire team and i got a penalty.

Edited by LordNothing, 08 June 2017 - 12:21 AM.

#28 ScrubLord1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:39 AM

it's hard for us to tell since you arn't sure how much team damage was incurred. It might also be someone from your team who triggered the penalty. Best to go directly to pgi support to clarify for this kind of issue.

That said, sorry you had shitheads like that in your game. Definitely leaves a sour taste to be singled out and blamed by players who are evidently bottom tier trash, when you've been doing all the work.

Edited by ScrubLord1, 08 June 2017 - 12:40 AM.

#29 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:43 AM

View PostAppogee, on 07 June 2017 - 11:58 PM, said:

There's no in-game insta-moderation on the basis of player reports.

All that happened was that you did team damage and incurred a penalty.

Whole group can't launch if we one of its members has a penalty time-out.

Last night my unit had to sit around for two minutes because I was disconnected from a match, then took 4 attempts to immediately re-connect. And then I was denied the match rewards because it took me more than 2 minutes to rejoin.

So as you see PGI have again crafted the perfect system, which not only stops you from joining matches, it then penalises you and your unit after it also prevents you from rejoining in time.

They can simply launch without you, thus avoiding penalty. There is a choice.

#30 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:44 AM

Sorry, the only reason I could see for demanding the removing of the report function is that someone wants to grief and/or troll without the fear of consequences.

If there is a bug with the penalty system this has to be fixed, but removing the report system is a VERY bad idea!

This would encourage griefing and trolling and would make the game so much worse!

#31 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:13 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 08 June 2017 - 12:43 AM, said:

They can simply launch without you, thus avoiding penalty. There is a choice.

What a ridiculous response.

#32 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:53 AM

In the penalty popup visible to team leader the reason for delay is written clearly. What did it say?

#33 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:43 AM

View PostAppogee, on 08 June 2017 - 02:13 AM, said:

What a ridiculous response.

How so? You trigger the penalty, you get punished. Your team doesn't have to share punishment, if they choose to. Besides, 2 minutes is nothing.

#34 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:50 AM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 07 June 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

Did not crash since then, is it even possible that it would affect a game that happened day later, when I did like 10-15 issue-less games in meantime?

No, it isn't possible. If you look over the patch notes I linked earlier, you will see that the penalty tracking only counts for the last 4 hours.If you log out before serving your last penalty you will get it the next time you go to drop into a match, but if your last offense was more than 4 hours before it does not count towards cumulative penalties.

If YOU weren't the problem, than it was someone else in your group. The odds of just being randomly slapped with a 10 minute penalty are pretty low, I've never seen nor heard of the system malfunctioning in such a way. And, once again, you DO NOT get timed penalties for being reported. You would instead get an email from PGI with a warning, or would receive an account suspension (which is A LOT more severe than a simple delay).

#35 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,910 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:55 AM

I can sympathize with the OP. There is certainly some sort of bug with penalty system (though this has nothing to do with the reporting system). I had a match a while back where out of the blue I got a 10 min penalty for triggering the automated blah, blah, blah. But the thing is I had just taken a screen shot of the match results and there was no team damage and no team kills. I sent an email to support and they cam back and said the time stamp on their end said I had done some 200 points of team damage. Yet the screen shot said zip. I can only think it was a glitch of some sort where discos and cumulative team damage from a previous evening had gotten stuck or something and then was entered into the system all of a sudden. I know nothing of how these things might work though. But it did happen. Meh. It was one time, and now the OP may be another. Still nothing worth changing the report function over.

#36 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:04 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 08 June 2017 - 03:43 AM, said:

How so? You trigger the penalty, you get punished. Your team doesn't have to share punishment, if they choose to. Besides, 2 minutes is nothing.

I posted that:
  • PGI netcode prevents me from initially connecting to a match
  • PGI netcode stops me repeatedly from being able to rejoin the match
  • when I am eventually permitted to rejoin, PGI penalises me by denying me the match rewards
  • then PGI punishes me further for their mistake by handing me and my team a 2-minute time-out
And your response to all of that is "They can simply launch without you, thus avoiding penalty. There is a choice."

Way to completely miss the point.

#37 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 08 June 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

I can sympathize with the OP. There is certainly some sort of bug with penalty system (though this has nothing to do with the reporting system). I had a match a while back where out of the blue I got a 10 min penalty for triggering the automated blah, blah, blah. But the thing is I had just taken a screen shot of the match results and there was no team damage and no team kills. I sent an email to support and they cam back and said the time stamp on their end said I had done some 200 points of team damage. Yet the screen shot said zip. I can only think it was a glitch of some sort where discos and cumulative team damage from a previous evening had gotten stuck or something and then was entered into the system all of a sudden. I know nothing of how these things might work though. But it did happen. Meh. It was one time, and now the OP may be another. Still nothing worth changing the report function over.

That bug has been happening with CW for a long time. Penalty is often pushed on the wrong person in the group, even when we are certain who did it, it's a game to figure out who is going to take the blame.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users