Ok Skill Tree Checkout Has Got To Change

3 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,068 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:07 AM

this is nothing to do with the skill tree itself, i rather like it. but this convoluted checkout system is really annoying.

up till now i had just been spending my hsp getting all my old mastered mechs fully speced out, and this involved doing all the nodes in one pass which was ok. but today i bought 3 supernova. i could just use my gsp or gxp, but i wanted the new unskilled mech experience. before specing out a mech just meant allocating all 91 hsp and specing out the nodes i wanted. one two done. but now it seems like a lot of steps to go through just to activate one or two nodes at a time between games.

in a perfect world i could just click on the nodes i want, and provided the cbills and xp are available, i could just hit apply, and id be done. but this is not a perfect world. we got this annoying checkout system where you need to buy an intermediate currency (sp) from a multitude of sources before applying them. this makes the time spent applying nodes between matches tediously long.

could i set a default payment method or prioritize payment methods based on my preference. like i want to use hsp first, mech xp and cbills second, gxp and cbills third, and gsp last. only if hsp is not available would it try mech xp and so on based on how you set your priority. there would be a quick apply button, a confirmation, and done. or if i want to break from my usual norm i could click a different button and select the resources needed. seems like it would save a lot of time. this is worse than 91 clicks.

#2 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:59 AM

So basically you mean like - say you buy a new mech... you go into the skill tree, allocate a path for your mech and then as you play it auto unlocks to your set path?

That could be cool. I dont really mind the way it is now thought to be honest. The new mech experience is actually quite a benefit to get used to the mech before spending too much sp. Maybe I just make better choices now i dont know haha.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,068 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 01:16 AM

that would work too i guess. but i was just wanting some kind of auto-pay button that would use my preferred resource to get my sp. then it would just be a couple clicks to allocate new nodes.

#4 Gwahlur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 462 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:03 AM

+1
The "buy SP" step isn't needed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users