7 replies to this topic

#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:00 AM

So anyone who knows this game knows putting launchers on alot of mechs usually results in poor hitboxes from the additon of external launchers. This makes running them specially in higher tier/skill matches a major liability (never mind the LRM performance)....Mechs like the TBR,TDR, SMN, and others would benefit greatly from this. Before I thought PGI should do what MW4 and just separate hitboxes for them entirely but coding and ect could be an issue...however! What we do have already coded into the game is damage reduction for components.

This being with missile bay doors & destoyed components sheilding.

So I am thinking here possible for if possible. Either the hitboxes for the Launchers = like 10 to 20% reducton (cause let's be honest it's not really part of the mechs vitals ect...) or they could give all mechs that have missiles but no baydoors to have an option for ammo door (not visable) to be fully oped or closed (same effects as bay doors delay and safety vs instant boom, just like at half the damage reduction of the bay doors.)

TL:DR adding missiles and ect should not punish the user cause poor geometry becomes a thing. Make taking missiles not a liability to game play.

Edited by CK16, 08 June 2017 - 08:01 AM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:06 AM

Some reduction could be considered.

I am reminded of how Aidan Pryde defeated his opponent's Timberwolf by blowing off his missile launchers, in "Bloodname".

Without slowing down, Aidan came at the Timber Wolf, relentlessly unloading his entire supply of
short-range missiles. According to the plan Aidan and his team had devised, the goal was to take out the
LRM packs on each of the Wolf's shoulders.
And the strategy worked. First one blew up, then the other, followed almost immediately by the Timber
Wolf itself. The observers (including Aidan, viewing from his cockpit) were relieved to see Star Captain
Grayling shoot out the 'Mech in his ejection seat just before the 'Mech exploded.

#3 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:12 AM

It's a fair point. But one does consider was it to kill the mech or remove a large portion of its firepower (2x LRM 20's in lore brings alot of pain...and for the TBR it's a huge majority of its fire power. Damage to the ST probably but idk annoying to have any launchers be the aimed point and to loose entire ST and arm cause of the shoot here boxes. I know Griffins suffer the same fate ect. Just trying to making builds viable but some can't because well ya...

#4 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:22 AM

10% damage reduction for awkward external hardpoints seems fair to me

and 20% if theres missile doors because of the missile door delay

timberwolf missile pods would just get 10% . while mechs like the catapult should get both... 10% damage reduction when the doors are open and 20% when theyre closed.

Edited by Khobai, 08 June 2017 - 08:27 AM.

#5 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:26 AM

Alternately, anything that increases your hitboxes should be worth it. If an LRM20 was as effective as it was in MW2, then I could understand the penalty for equipping it.

#6 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:34 AM

I would support this it help mechs with launchers over the shoulder last longer like the Timberwolf and others to mention in the OP's post, and will help out mechs with large launchers.

Also I would like to know the parentage for mechs with small launchers equipped over the shoulder like the Warhammer 7S when equipping SRM6 it there's a small launcher instead a huge one does the reduction is smaller than the big ones, or the same?

Edited by Battlemaster56, 08 June 2017 - 08:35 AM.

#7 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 08 June 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

I would support this it help mechs with launchers over the shoulder last longer like the Timberwolf and others to mention in the OP's post, and will help out mechs with large launchers.

Also I would like to know the parentage for mechs with small launchers equipped over the shoulder like the Warhammer 7S when equipping SRM6 it there's a small launcher instead a huge one does the reduction is smaller than the big ones, or the same?

TBH, I think all missile launcher add-ons, no matter the size, should have a damage reduction. Even the Summoner's pods make it an easier target.

#8 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 08 June 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

TBH, I think all missile launcher add-ons, no matter the size, should have a damage reduction. Even the Summoner's pods make it an easier target.

Yes the Summoner pod when you put a SRM6 on it is too huge for the six and always hate putting it on know I mad myself a bigger target.
And while yes launchers do need some damage reduction, I'm just asking smaller launchers do they get a slightly smaller bonus compare to the larger ones, even not their should be a base value that could be adjusted too for each launcher or depending on the mech.
I haven't put too much thought into tho, so it's all up in the air for me to change or rethink about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users