7 replies to this topic

#1 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:41 PM

Could you please share your skill tree ideas?
My build for the SP is the "classic" LBX-20, 4 x A-SRM6 and 2 x MPLs.
Shoud I invest heavily in firepower neglecting survival and mobility? I tried to spend points in each tree but I am not satisfied by weapons cooldowns and ranges...

#2 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

I haven't tried my KDKs yet but sounds lite Range and Cooldown would be a worthwhile investment..

How is your heat management?

#3 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:35 AM

Heat is manageable, not good but manageable. If I remember correctly, heat efficiency is around 1.2. The problem is that the cooldowns seem not so good. Tonight I'll share my skill tree proposal for comments.

#4 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:21 AM

Spirit Bear for the potatoes! Posted Image

#5 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:44 AM

View PostMcHoshi, on 09 June 2017 - 03:21 AM, said:

Contraproductive and absolutely not funny.

On topic:

As you can see my focus was on getting more armor and range for the super short ranged weapons.
Since you are pretty much a brawler some mobility does not hurt too.
Also as extreme shortranged mech with super gargantuatic hitboxes you shouldn't show your face till its too late for the enemy...so no radardepri and sensor stuff.
In my opinion extreme brawler assaults are even worse than LRM Assaults since they will be very much useless 2/3rd of the match time since they either hide or die uselessly.
Don't get bewitched by ppl saying you would soak dmg for your team.
Thats bull in QP, you're only enlargening the matchscore and reward of your enemys and depressing your team mates by loosing an assault early on.
Stay low get under 300m and be patient.
Posted Image

Edited by The Basilisk, 09 June 2017 - 03:53 AM.

#6 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:46 AM

Unless they un-nerf the agility quirks on non-KDK-3 Kodiaks the Spirit Bear brawling is pretty much dead. It has neither the advantage in said agility even over its 100t piers, nor the durability of an Atlas. Add to that the sh!tty clan SRMs and lack of pinpoint clan ballistics compared to same Atlas builds. Orion-IIC does exact same thing, has more mobility, more durability and comes in slightly lesser size as well as saves you 25 tons. The "cheap-mans-clan-Atlas" is actually better than the actual "clan-Atlas".

On a side note, going for weapon range nodes on a LBX-SRM build is a huge no no.

#7 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:59 AM

View PostMcHoshi, on 09 June 2017 - 03:21 AM, said:

The way to go now with that Spirit Bear! Posted Image

#8 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:02 AM

https://tarogato-mwo...4c-c7943b615281

Pic your poison. Keep range at no more than 11% and modify. if you need, add more yaw with kinetic burst or change the mobility focus. Just minimize anything not needed as the tree changes. Should be able to get what you need. Outside of any new limitations.

You can get more durability out of the kodiak by front tanking as well as arm tanking. Aim at the incoming fire and swaying back and forth evenly in each direction to spread damage across sections of the mech. Combine this with any arm tanking.. which is useful depends on yaw speed and situation. Front tanking also helps get your crosshair back on the target faster after tanking damage. 100 toners have lots of armor to go around. Especially when spread across 5 sections.

Aviod arm tanking if in a version with heavy arm lasers to avoid DPS loss.

A kodiak SB should be focused on either back killing or stripping armor then attacking structure. Tank between shots to spread damage and avoid similar return fire.(Both arm tanking and front tanking. And angle tanking and any other type of tanking.)

People disagree with this, but clan assaults need high damage values to deal with enemies quickly. Proper tanking gives extra heat dissipation(by making you spend time not firing) and smooths out heat issues. You don't want subpar damage in a clan assault. At least not a kodiak. And not the SB. It can attack a lot even with high attack values.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...633af9a75696b44

This build can do about 3.5 alphas in a row at max heat management skills. It can kill targets quick. You just need to know different ways to tank to mitigate damage. This allows you to be out where you can take fire more often and not get a part of your mech cored. Then take out mech components or mech to reduce incoming DPS. It should still be good. obviously if alone don't go against more than it can handle. Never do that regardless. Unless you really need to or want to that is.

Edited by Arugela, 09 June 2017 - 04:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users