Do You Play Better In Group Que, Or In Solo Que?

Gameplay Metagame

28 replies to this topic

#21 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,100 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:11 PM

i dont play in group queue enough to know this. i do however know that i prefer fp to qp.

#22 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:43 AM

It depends on the group. If they are skilled players, I have a hard time standing out. I still do alot of damage in groups, but I dont often get the kills I deserve. In solo quick play I very often get the "solo kill" award. In groups it is rare because... well.. teamwork you know. SO, I like groups because I win more, I like solo pugs cuz I get more kills, but win less.

I think the game dynamics will all change when they go back to 8vs8. No more roaming death balls. More opportunity for skilled pilots to shine. More map terrain getting used.

Edited by Jiang Wei, 10 June 2017 - 01:48 AM.

#23 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 910 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:09 AM

GQ in big team is so much different than GQ with just one friend that it shouldn't even be compared.

Edited by G4LV4TR0N, 10 June 2017 - 03:23 AM.

#24 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:12 AM

Imho, it doesn't really matter if you look at W/L.
Chances to have some real teamplay is higher in group queue though, just because units drop as coordinated group.
Teamplay in solo queue is rare.

I, for my part, can't stand egoistic players, who don't care about their teammates at all.
Like, someone calls for help and people ignore it, or even run away. Or when the team doesn't react to flanking mechs, ignores UAVs or everyone blocks eachothers movement and fireline while cuddling behind cover, and so on.

LFG teams are not that coordinated though. So that can be a problem if people have bad situational awareness or don't care.

#25 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:35 AM

on avergage I get 100 or more match score when solo

W/L can be much lower solo depending on how the groups go compared to solo. KDR drops 1-2 points while solo, also depending how the groups go for that season.

I usually play small groups.

Edited by Ghogiel, 10 June 2017 - 02:36 AM.

#26 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:06 AM

First by playing better do you mean stats? or winning?

I have better consistent stats in solo cue, but I win more in group cue. Here is the reasoning; in solo cue I have to carry so I try to do better but usually its a bunch of one many armies against the other bunch of one man armies. As for group cue I focus on team work which tends to lead to less damage and such I have to do because it is focus fire and such to win.

#27 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:00 AM

When I group, I go into the meat grinder. My stats decrease but it's more fun because of the community. With Faction play grouping is a must, so it never reflects my preferred play style. Solo PUGs are much easier because often it's everyone for themselves.

#28 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:04 AM

Better as in better matchscore? ... solo queue no doubt.
Better as in better W/L? ... group queue.

All in all group queue surely allows you to play better since you can employ tactics and generally coordinate efforts with others in order to be most effective.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 10 June 2017 - 04:04 AM.

#29 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:43 AM

Group q for sure

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users