Voip On/off: Server Side Setting To Disable Voip Data From Being Streamed To Client When It Is Disabled

No replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

I'm a low bandwidth user (we exist). During certain times of the day here (mostly late afternoon to midnight) the bandwidth is choked or throttled to the point where anyone talking on voip (tossing in the extra data down the pipe) will severely lag my game for minutes. This is when my ping spikes up to the thousands and mechs walk in place.

When no one is talking, the game usually goes fine then any instance of voip causes this severe lag spike. Even if I turn off VOIP I notice that it doesn't take too long to save (meaning it might just be client side) and that I'm still receiving VOIP data even if I don't hear anything due to it being disabled. I still get these spikes with VOP disabled.

If disabling VOIP in the client means I don't get the VOIP data streamed to me then that's okay, but if this is not the case then I hope that sometime in the future it can be set on the server so that VOIP data is not sent to the client if it is disabled.

That's all from a player with a potato PC and potato internet. Thanks. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users