I'm A Loser Baby, So Why Don't You Kill Me?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Gwei Loong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHere & There

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:14 AM

Winning makes us feel good, like we've accomplished something great, but it doesn't force us to self-reflect and self-improve. It, rather unfortunately, doesn't make us better people.
Being on a winning team and getting those kills didn't force you to re-evaluate your build strategies. It didn't make you make rethink your tactics or face any of your demons. You didn't learn how to determine where your weak points were, figure out how to fix them, and go through the pain of subsequently doing so. You didn't have to--you won.
As human beings we all want to protect ourselves. When something is difficult I see far too many people shy away from the challenge. There's a reason that we have coined a term for a human being who enjoys pain yet we have no term for the one that enjoys joy.
It's absolutely normal to want to win, to want to feel good about yourself but winning does not make you a better player or a better person. The hardest part of life is learning how to roll with the punches. Those with the ability to look deep into themselves and find ways to address their failures without falling apart are the ones who ultimately succeed.
It's okay to lose, to lose often, and to lose time and time again. It builds character, strengthens our resolve, teaches us determination, helps you to develop new tools for dealing with different situations and if repeated enough times it can help one to understand how the heuristics of human behaviour lead to cognitive biases.
I am talking about the systematic pattern of deviation from rationality in judgment, whereby inferences about other people and situations may be drawn in an illogical fashion. Individuals create their own "subjective social reality" from their perception of the input. An individual's construction of social reality, not the objective input, may dictate their behaviour in the social world. Thus, cognitive biases may sometimes lead to perceptual distortion, inaccurate judgment, illogical interpretation, or what is broadly called irrationality.
This is why people often develop to a certain point but then fail to get any better. If you’re struggling I am going to suggest that you try different things, set different goals. I personally don’t mind the teams that fold or being on the losing side. I have chosen to play many brawlers in the solo que and been on many teams that have only gotten 1 or 2 kills lately. Maintaining a positive K/D ratio under this circumstance is an accomplishment for me.
I suggest you stop hoping for that perfect team or that luck may have it and you end up on the side with all your friends. Start playing this game with a mind-set that you want to improve and get better. Stop closing yourself off and maybe try using the in game VoIP. If you’re too shy for that then here’s a list of TS channels.
https://www.reddit.c...ition_dec_2015/
https://www.mechspec...rver-list.8806/
If you like the idea of TS and you’re thinking of hosting your own channel you might also want to pentest it. This is a cool write up on pentesting VoIPs even if it’s a bit outdated. Info tech…
http://www.backtrack...Pentesting_VOIP
Remember knowledge is power, there is always a solution. Learning how to turn problems into opportunities is a skill that will take you much further in life then just being good at MWO.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:33 AM

Having a good rig with stable connection/good ping helps as well. Those areas can be improved for some people, on top of skill. I might not be able to do anything right now for this 210 ping in NA, but it is very possible for me to further beef up my PC, and get a 144 ghz monitor.

Edited by El Bandito, 10 June 2017 - 05:35 AM.

#3 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:24 AM

The TL;DR of OP's post:

#4 9thDeathscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDown Under. 260 pinging.

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:27 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 10 June 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

Having a good rig with stable connection/good ping helps as well. Those areas can be improved for some people, on top of skill. I might not be able to do anything right now for this 210 ping in NA, but it is very possible for me to further beef up my PC, and get a 144 ghz monitor.

Cant stress this enough. If your hardware is lacking it will hamper your gameplay!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users