- - - - -

Requesting Help, Sorry So Noob

6 replies to this topic

#1 Rackson

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

so im just getting started with the game, so far so good, but i have a question i cant figure out... here is the thing, i bought myself 2 battlemechs, a linebacker prime, and a bushwacker (dont remember wich one :P), but when i want to manage my drop decks, i can select the bushwacker no problem there, but i dont see the linebacker at all, and i dont know why or how or what is going on... im loyalist with Merik if that has anything to do with it, i tought maybe i cant select it because is a clan mech but went to check a list of clna mechs and is not there.... i dont know at this point, can anyone help out a noob pilot here???

#2 Robaxacet

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSteel Tower

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:36 PM

Bushwacker is Inner Sphere, Linebacker is Clan. Only like mechs can go together in a drop deck. Welcome to MWO!

#3 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:56 PM

View PostRackson, on 14 June 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

im loyalist with Merik if that has anything to do with it, i tought maybe i cant select it because is a clan mech but went to check a list of clna mechs and is not there....

Your drop deck can only support IS mechs until such a time as you choose to Join a Clan, or take up mercenary work under a clan. For quickplay matches, you're still good to go Linebacker, only Community Warfare is affected.

~Leone.

#4 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:16 PM

If you're trying to get faction points, you might want to just run scouting matches in your Bushwacker for now. My go-to scout mech is a BSW-P1, though the other Bushwackers are formidable as well. Build a brawling mech that runs cool and has a standard 275 to 300 engine in it and you should do reasonably well.

Also of note is the 'Oh Canada!' challenge running from June 24th to July 2nd. Completing it will get you a Battlemaster BLR-1G (and mech bay), leaving you (260 tons minus 55 ton Bushwacker and 85 ton Battlemaster) 120 tons for two more inner sphere mechs to fill out your drop deck.

#5 Rackson

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:51 PM

yeah that was my fear, weird tough that i searched for clan mechs in the forum and linebacker wasnt in there, maybe the list was not complete, thanks anyways guys

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:28 AM

View PostRackson, on 14 June 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

yeah that was my fear, weird tough that i searched for clan mechs in the forum and linebacker wasnt in there, maybe the list was not complete, thanks anyways guys

unfortunately the forum search tends to show the oldest posts first, on a game which changes reguarly like MWO that makes the search function almost worthless.

At current there are no IS Omnimechs, so if there is a varient called -Prime then it is definately not an IS Mech, otherwise anything with a IIC in its name is a Clan Battlemech as are the Kodiak and Supernova, all other Mechs are Inner Sphere

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostRackson, on 14 June 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

You can still use the Linerbacker plenty in quickplay, which it excels quite well there.

There is another neat trick to identifying the 'Mechs.
The Clans do NOT use numbers in any of their names (the exception being the Jenner IIC by the prefix JR7 as it was the Star League era IS prefix for the Jenner).

(Kodiak is another exception.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users