Constant Bombardment Of Spam In Mech Lab

22 replies to this topic

#1 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:25 PM

Something is always blinking. Blinking all the time and it wont stop until I invest my valuable life time and click on it so it opens up and then finally stops constantly annoying me.

Why do you force me to klick on that when I dont want to.

I dont want nonstop commercial of things you want me to pay hard earned money for.

Constantly blinking I WANT YOUR MONEY I WANT YOUR MONEY I WANT YOUR MONEY GIVE ME YOUR MONEY WE WONT STOP JUST GIVE US UR MONEY WE WILL NEVER STOP.

Its so annoying and the fact that im annoyed like this alone makes it impossible for me to ever pay a penny.

Stop stupid spam. Im not interested in those messages. In none of them. Why do you overload mech lab with spam?

Again...who makes all those decisions in your team?

Fire him or her. And stop the spam. Im not interested in those messages. Im just not. They bore me and i do not wanne see them.

Stop blinking

#2 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

Posted Image

#3 Scyther

• 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

There's spam in the mech lab? The only thing I see blinking is the chat indicator, or occasionally the social tab.

#4 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:22 PM

(Anime MFW in spoiler)

Spoiler

I have no idea what the hell OP is talking about, since the only blinking I know of is the chat/group box, and super rarely the little notifications window that pops up when the game first starts won't appear, and you have to click a tiny thing at the bottom to make it appear then remove it. Neither of which deserves a mental breakdown level of a post like this.

#5 CrisisCannon

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:31 PM

So I'm not the only one seeing the "Find 'Mechs in your area" pop-up windows in the lab then? Phew.

But no, I don't really understand what's wrong here. If you mean the chat, well, there are many buttons in settings to disable those. If you mean the promotional button.. it's usually gone when you close that window for the first time. If not, well do as someone else said, just open and close. Done.

#6 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:31 PM

I think he is talking about the FW call to arms popups.

#7 CrisisCannon

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:37 PM

View PostAthom83, on 14 June 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

I think he is talking about the FW call to arms popups.

Apparently it's just to do with the blinking. Call to arms doesn't blink, and even that has an option to disable. Everything mentioned here, can be disabled, except for the promotional window, which is gone at the first closing of the window. I don't know what else there is that is bothering them.

#8 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 814 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:47 PM

View PostCrisisCannon, on 14 June 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

So I'm not the only one seeing the "Find 'Mechs in your area" pop-up windows in the lab then? Phew.

My popups tell me how one weird trick can make my PPC bigger.

In any case, as with others, I have no idea what the original poster is talking about. I have never seen any blinking advertisements, nor have I ever heard of anyone else doing so. Maybe you could be more descriptive about what you're seeing, or better yet take a few screenshots?

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,100 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

news screen. im all for killing it or at least limit it to popping up when the news changes. its mostly annoying when your game just crashed or dced and you have 2 minutes to get back into the game and you have to waste 15 seconds just getting the news screen out of your way. and its the same stuff from the portal too.

#10 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

Another one of Oneda's silly rant threads? Does the man even know about disabling the notifications? Why haven't you left the game for Hawken or Heavy Gear yet?

#11 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:12 PM

Did you disable faction chat?

#12 fat4eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 491 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

I'm gonna tell you a secret. It's gonna blow your mind.

Spoiler

Edited by fat4eyes, 14 June 2017 - 05:50 PM.

#13 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

Punch the urbie WIN A PRIZE

#14 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:13 PM

PEBKAC error?

#15 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:15 PM

The system's done poorly... PGI has never met a UI it liked.

With that said, most of that stuff can be ignored and/or turned off. If you're looking for that one time someone is messaging you in that chat window... well, that's another story.

#16 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:52 AM

View Postoneda, on 14 June 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Something is always blinking. Blinking all the time and it wont stop until I invest my valuable life time and click on it so it opens up and then finally stops constantly annoying me.

Why do you force me to klick on that when I dont want to.

I dont want nonstop commercial of things you want me to pay hard earned money for.

Constantly blinking I WANT YOUR MONEY I WANT YOUR MONEY I WANT YOUR MONEY GIVE ME YOUR MONEY WE WONT STOP JUST GIVE US UR MONEY WE WILL NEVER STOP.

Its so annoying and the fact that im annoyed like this alone makes it impossible for me to ever pay a penny.

Stop stupid spam. Im not interested in those messages. In none of them. Why do you overload mech lab with spam?

Again...who makes all those decisions in your team?

Fire him or her. And stop the spam. Im not interested in those messages. Im just not. They bore me and i do not wanne see them.

Stop blinking

No offense, but if something this small of an issue is bothering you, maybe it is time you find something else that will keep you occupied and angry about. I find it rediculous you are so upset about this to the point you want someone's job to be fired.

View PostLordNothing, on 14 June 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

news screen. im all for killing it or at least limit it to popping up when the news changes. its mostly annoying when your game just crashed or dced and you have 2 minutes to get back into the game and you have to waste 15 seconds just getting the news screen out of your way. and its the same stuff from the portal too.

I'm okay with the news screen since it notifies me about MWO events that gives away free stuff also. The game is F2P. Having pop ups is not uncommon.

#17 Relishcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:09 AM

The solution is simple. Leave your faction.

View Postfat4eyes, on 14 June 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

I'm gonna tell you a secret. It's gonna blow your mind.

Spoiler

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! THIS IS A THING?!

#18 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:22 AM

CLAN TRYHARDS HATE THIS ONE LITTLE TRICK!!!

#19 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:26 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 14 June 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

Another one of Oneda's silly rant threads? Does the man even know about disabling the notifications? Why haven't you left the game for Hawken or Heavy Gear yet?

hush little darling hush.

#20 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

Hey oneda, I just found out you can disable the faction war and chat notifications that will stop the pop ups and the BLINKING. Just go to game settings under notification section and uncheck 2 boxes.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users