9 replies to this topic

#1 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:04 AM

Heyho,
i came back to this game after 1-2 years and found a table showing me that my modules and other stuff had been converted. Looks like the system changed. My problem is, that i had used up to 2 Billion CBills for Modules and now i only have like 200 million CBills. I think i even had that much before i logged out the last time. Did i miss something here? Do i have to redeem the converted stuff somewhere?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:23 AM

with the new skill tree modules, skill tree unlocks and XP was all refunded, but the way it would have been refunded varies.
I will give a bit more of an explanation below but most of your modules were refunded as skill points which can be assigned to any Mech and used to repurchase the skills which replaced those modules.

all purchased skills were refunded as skill points, that is to say points to spend in the new skill tree, you can assign skill points to each individual Mech to spend.
if a mech was fully mastered you got 91 skill points locked to that varient for each copy of that varient you owned (you can have upto 91 skills active at a time), if less than mastered you got a lower number of skill points
pilot skills were refunded as general SP which could be used on any Mech
Modules purchased before December 2016 were also refunded as general skill points, as PGI had announced at Mech Con in December 2016 that they would refund modules any purchased after that date were refunded as cbills.

many people think that refunding as skill points is not fair, but bear in mind it is possible to unlock pretty much every single old module on a single Mech with skill points to spare.

if you had that many modules you will likely never again have to worry about spending XP or cbills to skill up a Mech as you should have enough skill points to skill 300+ Mechs just from the module refund.
when you first logged in after the module refund you should have been shown a refund ledger giving a complete breakdown of what you were refunded, I am not sure if it is still accessable but here is a link to a post containing a complete breakdown of what each skill, consumable and module was worth in terms of refund

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 15 June 2017 - 03:32 AM.

#3 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:39 AM

Wow, thanks a lot for the clarification. Much to learn for me to get back into the game it seems. ^^

#4 kylania

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:56 AM

Welcome back!

#5 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:59 AM

It was a rip-off. PGI burned those c-bills to protect their "economy" to sell more 'mechpacks and they even tried to blame it on the community.
You should have sold off 90% of those modules with a loss of 50% for a billion c-bill gain because all those GSP are redundant since all your 'mechs will have 91 (historic) skillpoints already.

They could not even track if modules were bought before or after 12/3/'16. Wrote to support team twice but did not get an answer...

#6 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

View PostMotroid, on 15 June 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

It was a rip-off.

If that's how you feel about it.

I got 250 mil and 9k skill points and am quite pleased.

#7 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 15 June 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

when you first logged in after the module refund you should have been shown a refund ledger giving a complete breakdown of what you were refunded, I am not sure if it is still accessable

There should be a link on your profile from this website. Not sure if this will work but I'll try to leave the link here. You will need to be logged in. If not you can also view it in-game.

https://mwomercs.com...skilltreeledger

View PostDer Hesse, on 15 June 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

Wow, thanks a lot for the clarification. Much to learn for me to get back into the game it seems. ^^

Half the reason I wanted to post in this thread was to say thank you for not immediately going thermonuclear about PGI "stealing everybody's cbills".

#8 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

Well, i would have liked to get at least some cbills back because i have mastered all 155 mechs i own and many more i sold. So the over 20.000 general skill points that i have now are pretty useless except that i never in my life again will have to level new mechs. ^^
But on the other hand....i did buy all those modules just because i was too lazy to equip them to new mechs all the time and i didn´t knew what to do with all the cbills i had. And what i wanted to achieve is what i got. I don´t have to equip modules with the new skill system.
In the end it´s ok. Could have been more fair, but it´s not the end of the world.

#9 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:18 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 15 June 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

Well, i would have liked to get at least some cbills back because i have mastered all 155 mechs i own and many more i sold. So the over 20.000 general skill points that i have now are pretty useless except that i never in my life again will have to level new mechs. ^^
But on the other hand....i did buy all those modules just because i was too lazy to equip them to new mechs all the time and i didn´t knew what to do with all the cbills i had. And what i wanted to achieve is what i got. I don´t have to equip modules with the new skill system.
In the end it´s ok. Could have been more fair, but it´s not the end of the world.

I can't like this enough.

#10 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:44 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 15 June 2017 - 01:04 AM, said:

Heyho,
My problem is, that i had used up to 2 Billion CBills for Modules and now i only have like 200 million CBills.

Depreciation, yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users