Gameplay BattleMechs Balance

25 replies to this topic

#21 ScrubLord1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

King Crab had always needed buffs for a very long time. Took them long enough to finally do something about it

#22 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:38 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 15 June 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

I would run with 5tons less armor if i could twist like the 95ton mechs Posted Image I dont see any armor helping the 100 ton mechs.

Yeah. I'd rather give King Crab more mobility first than armor.

#23 DeeHawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:00 AM

I don't recall if all the variants had Torso Speed quirk, but they took it away from the 'KGC-000' (25%) at skill tree launch.
The ability to aim quickly was a huge benefit to all weaponry, and made the chassis excel at long range.

It's nice with some extra armor, but I think it needs Torso Speed more than armor.

#24 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:19 AM

Any amount of "sorry for effin this up" addon armor can't fix the basic issue that the KC has in addition to the oh so many issues assaults (especially those over 85t) are suffering from in MWO.

Low speed and maneuverability that isn't justyfied by their firepower.
Grotesque hitboxes that can not be compenasated for by movement or armor since EVERY hitbox literaly would need the Hitpoints of a medium to compensate for them to be hit that easy.

The only two mechs atm that come close to ASSAULT in terms of firepower and durability are the KDK-3 and the MAD-IIC.
And the not KDK-3s show you how an assault gets invalidated by a lack of stunning firepower and an exorbitance of large hitboxes and slow torso movement.

Mechs like Direwhale, Kingcrab, Cyclops have just too paperweight like to be of much use.

#25 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:54 AM

Its arms might need more armor, after all, that is where the firepower is concentrated in.

(Might not apply to the hero, though. I would nto be surprised if we'd see Dual LBX loadouts or whatever fits in those high mount points instead of Quad PPC builds)

And what the KGC really needs is a mobility buff.

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 16 June 2017 - 01:01 AM.

#26 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:11 AM

Posted Image

Hmm, i think king crab would have +25 CT, + 17 Torsi, and +10 Arms. Unless this is local to Kaiju.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users