Oh Come On Mwo

11 replies to this topic

#1 digital O-Q

• PipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:46 PM

Sitting bored out my scull the other day, waiting for my daughter to finish her music lesson I pulled out my top of the line mobile device ( phone ) and tapped on the screen to bring up my browser. Because my device syncs with my home server, laptop and gaming rig, sitting there on the hot bar was icon for mwonline. To my surprise the website is the most phone unfriendly website I have ever viewed, as this is fast becoming the default method of web browsing and digital media consumption I am astounded at the lack of foresight and planning re this issue. I have written this post on my phone, just to see if it could be done. It's possible, but only in the same way that single heat sinks are a viable form of heat dissipation.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:55 PM

View Postdigital O-Q, on 15 June 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

Phone stuffs

I know of several people who post using phones. I've even made posts before using my Kindle.

Remember, those devices are not optimized for that function, and thus tend to suffer from it. It also is a little unreasonable to expect a game that runs on PC to account for every possible device that could connect to their website... When it was typically assumed (about 5-6 years ago when the site was created) that most people would be using a Laptop or Desktop computer to access such a site.

Do recall that mobile devices (such as the smart phone) are actually still technically in their infancy. They are (in a general sense) still relatively new. They also are (as stated before) optimized for other functions.

Personally, I have had no problems accessing and using this site on my Kindle Fire. As I don't use my phone for web browsing, I can't contest to that function. However, personally I don't expect good performance from them, when compared to my PC or Laptop (and my Laptop is an old XP given to me for free that didn't work when I got it... It's slower than dirt...)

Edit: PS: This is slightly the wrong forum for this kind of post. Website and Forums would probably have been a better forum for this post.

Edited by Tesunie, 15 June 2017 - 09:56 PM.

#3 radiv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:21 PM

View Postdigital O-Q, on 15 June 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

To my surprise the website is the most phone unfriendly website I have ever viewed

Lol you were suprised....

#4 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:33 AM

LOL men, this game is unfriendly and you suprise that website would be?

LOL this is Perfect Game Industry.... beta all the time.

#5 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:25 AM

Yeah, I gotta say, with all the issues this site has when using a desktop web browser... phone browsing it just seems masochistic

#6 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:24 AM

View PostKaethir, on 16 June 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

Yeah, I gotta say, with all the issues this site has when using a desktop web browser... phone browsing it just seems masochistic

Interesting. I have no issues at all with a desktop web browser running this site. Now typing on it was causing me a LOT of frustrations until someone mentioned turning off the editing tools. Now it's flawless.

As far as browsing on a phone . . . not gonna get into that one.

#7 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:33 AM

Been posting on here for MONTHS with an old scar faced Galaxy S4. Never had a problem. In fact I just did it again!

+1 on the need for posting complaints like this on a different forum. Maybe even privately email PGI support about an issue. I have emailed support about issues and they have not failed me yet. They are usually happy to help any way they can.

I do hope you find a solution.

Edited by Gibson Ibanez, 17 June 2017 - 05:15 AM.

#8 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:42 AM

please, the last thing that needs fixing is the website they don't look at Posted Image

#9 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:42 PM

View PostGorantir, on 17 June 2017 - 06:42 AM, said:

please, the last thing that needs fixing is the website they don't look at Posted Image

I believe that the results from the Public Test Servers and feedback there being implemented kinda refutes your statement... Posted Image

But I do agree that there are probably far more things that could be addressed long before the Website probably needs anything instead...

#10 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

View PostTesunie, on 17 June 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

I believe that the results from the Public Test Servers and feedback there being implemented kinda refutes your statement... Posted Image

i counter your argument with player populationPosted Image

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

View PostKaethir, on 16 June 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

phone browsing it just seems masochistic

Browse via IE....that's masochism.

#12 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

View PostGorantir, on 17 June 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

i counter your argument with player populationPosted Image

And I counter your counter with my counter of this genre has never had much of a large player base. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users