Where Did The Light Que Go?

22 replies to this topic

#1 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

Once the 20th patch drops, we have the very few people running IS lights with Med Lasers, the vast majority of clan lights now running glacial burn ERSLs that cannot focus damage when moving at 130kph+ already, and SPL lights with laughable damage, because apparently my light is supposed to stand around near a heavy and slowly kill them. Oh, let's not forget the walking CT that is the Jenner IIC.
So, the same minimally used IS lights, or clan lights that either spread damage all over unless they stand still, have very low damage and need to stay engaged to even do damage, or are walking CTs just so they can run missiles and actually hurt something.

Nicely done, PGI. Way to nerfbat the sub-10% que.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:23 PM

I foresee more ER sniping light mechs

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

B-b-b-b-but our new 1.7 heat IS SL will totally be great now.

#4 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

Well, at least my Adder and Cute Fox weren't heavily nerfed. Since they're the only light mechs I play anyways.

#5 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:32 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 16 June 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

Well, at least my Adder and Cute Fox weren't heavily nerfed. Since they're the only light mechs I play anyways.

If you use cLRM5, cERML, or cSPL on them, they were.

#6 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:32 PM

An IS light running med las is one that will be good for med and heavy fighting. For lights in the tier I'm in you really need spls or mpls as I do a lot of light on light combat. What really determines which light wins are three things: 1. Damage already taken before the encounter. 2. Heat management. 3. Using target into to determine best location to focus fire.

I expect light mech que to go up as much as 2% as the Urbie Hero drops. I've bought one and am looking forward to it.

#7 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 16 June 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

Adder is the dual PPC loadout, Cute Fox is using cERML but it already does mediocre damage already, so no real damage done there.

#8 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 16 June 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

Those aren't light mechs those are mediums they forgot to put armor on :)

#9 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:38 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 16 June 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

Those aren't light mechs those are mediums they forgot to put armor on Posted Image

Fair enough. I mean, hey, I'm an advocate for the Pouncer to get added, so I like the fat low weight mediums.

#10 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

Need some other company to develop MWO...

#11 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:22 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 16 June 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

CLRM10s and CMPLs, baby! :D

#12 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:25 AM

CERML nerf was just uncalled for.

#13 Relishcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:35 AM

View PostNighthawk513, on 16 June 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Once the 20th patch drops, we have the very few people running IS lights with Med Lasers, the vast majority of clan lights now running glacial burn ERSLs that cannot focus damage when moving at 130kph+ already, and SPL lights with laughable damage, because apparently my light is supposed to stand around near a heavy and slowly kill them. Oh, let's not forget the walking CT that is the Jenner IIC.
So, the same minimally used IS lights, or clan lights that either spread damage all over unless they stand still, have very low damage and need to stay engaged to even do damage, or are walking CTs just so they can run missiles and actually hurt something.

Nicely done, PGI. Way to nerfbat the sub-10% que.

I pilot a locust with 2 srm 2's and 2 srm 4's...I woosh about at roughly 148KPH...lasers need not apply sir/madam

#14 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:37 AM

Well, at least my dual blaster cannon (ERPPC x2) KFX will be mostly untouched. I'm still mad that my Purifier will be rotting though. 8 CSPL was a facemelter, it will be missed...

#15 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:25 AM

View PostKhobai, on 17 June 2017 - 12:25 AM, said:

CERML nerf was just uncalled for.

I think you can thank the laserboats like EBJs and MAD IIC for that. Their alphas are... oh well

#16 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:37 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 17 June 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

I think you can thank the laserboats like EBJs and MAD IIC for that. Their alphas are... oh well

Yeah, this. The weapon by itself is versatile, but hot as hell - though that heat isn't much of a deterrent when the best workaround is to stack enough of an alpha strike to make your target's ancestors remember the hit, before you find a nice piece of cover and read a book while you cool down.

All the DPS in the world is irrelevant when your target only shows itself for the necessary beam time after cooling off.

Those mechs that dole out their MLAS love responsibly and in moderation are overshadowed by the thugs at the top of the food chain that go to excess and ruin it for everyone.

#17 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:47 AM

You want to fix the laserboats without screwing over everything else? Move meds to a GH pool with large lasers, and put smalls in their own pool. Now those laser boats have to get within a couple hundred meters to alpha and forget, and at that range you can't forget as easily.

#18 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:51 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 17 June 2017 - 04:37 AM, said:

Yeah, this. The weapon by itself is versatile, but hot as hell - though that heat isn't much of a deterrent when the best workaround is to stack enough of an alpha strike to make your target's ancestors remember the hit, before you find a nice piece of cover and read a book while you cool down.

All the DPS in the world is irrelevant when your target only shows itself for the necessary beam time after cooling off.

Those mechs that dole out their MLAS love responsibly and in moderation are overshadowed by the thugs at the top of the food chain that go to excess and ruin it for everyone.

Sums it up nicely.

That's also the reason why you see mainly peek-a-booing. Lolalpha - skitter into cover - cool down - rinse / repeat

The whole game tends towards huge alphas and less dps. Because everything which requires a certain facetime is often a death sentences. I also see less and less ballistic weapons (except Gauss)

Brawling is also a no go. If you do this on your own and no one helps (in QP the chances are slim) you will eat 2-3 of those huge alphas and then your mech is in trouble

View PostNighthawk513, on 17 June 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

You want to fix the laserboats without screwing over everything else? Move meds to a GH pool with large lasers, and put smalls in their own pool. Now those laser boats have to get within a couple hundred meters to alpha and forget, and at that range you can't forget as easily.

That could be worth a try. Most of those alphas have a mix of LL/Mls.

Edited by Bush Hopper, 17 June 2017 - 04:54 AM.

#19 killerkrill

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:57 AM

I've been playing nothing but srm jenner and spl cheetah since the skill patch dropped and I could boost their armor and structure. With this upcoming patch and the sauron seal clubbing levels of nerfs to small lasers I would wager the amount of people queuing as lights will drop even more.

#20 poltergoost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:06 AM

View Postkillerkrill, on 17 June 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

I've been playing nothing but srm jenner and spl cheetah since the skill patch dropped and I could boost their armor and structure. With this upcoming patch and the sauron seal clubbing levels of nerfs to small lasers I would wager the amount of people queuing as lights will drop even more.

I played 75% of my matches as a light.

Post-patch, that drops to 0%. My poor Jenner IIC-A :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users