C-Spl Got The Shaft

147 replies to this topic

#141 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:30 AM

I kinda like the cSPL nerf. My cERSL Viper is stronger than ever now that cSPL builds no longer dominate it.

#142 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 25 June 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

I kinda like the cSPL nerf. My cERSL Viper is stronger than ever now that cSPL builds no longer dominate it.

Except that the CERSL also got nerfed, just to a much lower extent.

#143 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:35 AM

View PostFupDup, on 25 June 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

Still fine with it. isSLs are still unheard of and isSPLs also got teh nerf bat.

#144 Noey Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 June 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

yeah, seriously, nobody really 'won' out of this, CSPL just got hit the hardest, which sure, some CERSL builds were effective before, but CSPL filled a niche that is now just a void, it's pathetic looking at mechs like the mist lynx and saying 'well.. technically it's better by comparison now than it was' but only because it wasn't a part of the CSPL meta, and any other mech in that role also suffered less.

But make no mistake, this is 3rd degree murder of a weapon type, nobody is arguing (logically) that CSPL was okay where they were, only that they're utterly useless now.

The balance has really gone the other way, now CSPL does LESS damage than the CERSL, damage per tonnage is a mess, even it's burn time doesn't justify the damage drop, since your damage on target per second with the CERSL is nearly just as high, (normalized damage value base .22 seconds for 1 damage, vs .15 seconds for one daamge on the CSPL) which is even further exacerbated by cooldown nodes. In combination with the increased range, lower heat, and lower weight, there really just is no reason to ever use CSPL over CERSL or CERML.

I was not going to talk about the differences between IS and Clan, they're there, and it frustrates me that they made this big balancing decision, and kept quirks on the IS mechs, who are now empirically better on their quirked variants, I'm not really a diehard fan of either faction, I have both IS and Clan mechs and love them all, but I get sick of PGI loving on IS mechs so much, every event they give away only IS mechs, every change usually ends up in favor of IS. all the while clans are pushed back into their own territories on the faction warfare map.

#145 GenghisJr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:12 PM

View PostSQW, on 19 June 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

Maybe lights will start doing some scouting and target locking for the benefit of the rest of the team instead of diving head first into the entire enemy team shouting BANZAI!

People cry about MWO not having role warfare but if you let ACH and LCT stuff 6 SPLs into something the size of an Atlas's pinky, is it any surprise people drive them like 20t assaults?

people dont seem to understand this, role warfare would be as boring as watching paint dry and yet you wonder why lights instead choose to take weapons when to scout, all you need is....nothing, a scout watches and watches and watches some more but does not get involved in the battle - because scout role is not combat role. Why do you need scouts anyway, the enemy is on the other side of the map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users