Gyr Mobility

13 replies to this topic

#1 The Bountyhunter

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:25 PM

Holy Shatner, this thing handles like an Atlas now...wtf did you guys do to it? It's far beyond a 'nerf'

#2 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:12 AM

Yeah not stoked about this. Just bought the Jade kite a couple of weeks ago and now it's garbage.

#3 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:30 AM

Gyr is more or less a weapon platform...

#4 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:46 AM

View PostDamnedtroll, on 21 June 2017 - 04:30 AM, said:

Gyr is more or less a weapon platform...

90% of the time if you need to run away in a night gyr, you've already picked a crappy position. Its not like you run SRMs in a night gyr.

#5 Andrew W Wiggins

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

Same thing with my MAD IIC. Not happy at all.

#6 Dandred

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

I ran my Gauss Mad last night and it did Ok at skirmish range. Maybe about 100 less damage and one less kill.

I haven't tried Scorch yet. A little nervous about closing now. Apparently clans aren't supposed to "brawl" at all.
Since we don't have melee, I guess this is the closest equivalent for the current state of the game.

Still should be able to charge and splat with support. Lower profile than the storm bear, might work out. Just not a
one mech wrecking crew anymore.

But the Gyr....uh. Wow. I'm actually glad I didn't spend money on it now. I'll keep the ones I have, but I'm not sure
what they are to be used for now. When you stand still in this game you tend to lose, and the Gyr is now very good at not moving.

I think I'll not be running them in the near future while this shakes out.

Edited by Dandred, 21 June 2017 - 06:41 AM.

#7 Todd Marshall

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:01 AM

View PostDandred, on 21 June 2017 - 06:31 AM, said:

I ran my Gauss Mad last night and it did Ok at skirmish range. Maybe about 100 less damage and one less kill.

I haven't tried Scorch yet. A little nervous about closing now. Apparently clans aren't supposed to "brawl" at all.
Since we don't have melee, I guess this is the closest equivalent for the current state of the game.

Still should be able to charge and splat with support. Lower profile than the storm bear, might work out. Just not a
one mech wrecking crew anymore.

But the Gyr....uh. Wow. I'm actually glad I didn't spend money on it now. I'll keep the ones I have, but I'm not sure
what they are to be used for now. When you stand still in this game you tend to lose, and the Gyr is now very good at not moving.

I think I'll not be running them in the near future while this shakes out.

Switched to dual Gauss dual PPC on the Scorch. Works.

Found the mobility too shite to keep torso mounted weapons on target.

Edited by Todd Marshall, 21 June 2017 - 07:10 AM.

#8 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

I am not sure the game is truly worth playing until a couple months into the new tech.
It appears that this xml bingo being played here can something stay still for a more than one patch

small laser and small pulse laser and then this I think that the nerf bat person is playing wack-a-mech
as soon as people start playing something they wack it with the nerf bat. I am going to play a stock urbies and I dare them to nerf the STD 60 engine.Ooh you got 300 DMG using a stock urbie nerf bat for you

#9 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:07 PM

The Gyr is dead. There are medium mechs which run to fast for the torso movement as soon as they are below 200m.

Cant hit heavys when they are on ground that is 2m lower with your torso wepons. The nerfs to mobility are too much.

Edited by Cara Carcass, 21 June 2017 - 03:30 PM.

#10 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

I don't know what all of you are complaining about. Just boat c-SPL on your Gyrs and you're golden.

#11 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:54 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 21 June 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

I don't know what all of you are complaining about. Just boat c-SPL on your Gyrs and you're golden.

Yeah - that 30 dmg on an immobile mech will teach the enemy what fear is.

#12 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:38 AM

When a HGN2C or Supernova...at 90 tons.... is more agile... than a 75 ton mech.... then PGI needs to take a long run off a short pier....

#13 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:41 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 22 June 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

When a HGN2C or Supernova...at 90 tons.... is more agile... than a 75 ton mech.... then PGI needs to take a long run off a short pier....

Guess what'll be on the hit list next. I know it's annoying as a clanner but it's necessary. As long as it happens to IS mechs as well, I have no issue with mobility nerfs. It forces people to really think about the role that mech they are taking into battle is going to play.

This was the point IMO, a Kodiak that's a jack of all trades is unfair. I played the Gyr yesterday, AC brawling = rubbish. Pop tart meta sniper still worked but not as well as when it launched.

#14 Safari Gepard

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

I`ll left it here

Posted Image

So you can check a speed of everything. This is not an heavy mech,this is almost 95 tonns mech mobiity.
What we have by the weapons? 5hp of gauss? 100% explosion from crit? Mobility like assault mech?

What grasshopper can do? all damage in 450 m in 0.6 second of duration in 1 point. In total 30 damage.

What gauss can do? 1 sec of charging + 0.5 seconf of flying = 1.5 sec of duration for 30 poimt of damage

Now i wasted 3 night gyrs and a lot of money and SP.

Guys,i know that PGI will ban me after this or will do something else.

But who rebalanced it(i dont know who exactly - the name of rebalancers):

BURN IN HELL.

Edited by Safari Gepard, 24 June 2017 - 01:41 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users